• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Buy ~ April 2013 Challenge

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Since some of us are looking for some financial freedom this year, I figured this would be a good place to try a new thread.

Rules are simple: you decide what to track, how to track it and what your goals are. While many people choose to try for as many $0 days as possible (hence the "no buy" title), if some other target works for you, then go for it!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Time to start a new month!!!

I will update my goals shortly....

Wanted to kick this off while I thought about it!!

My personal goals:
Exercise 3 days a week
Finish 2011 family album by 4/7 done
Finish AK Swap by 4/26 and mailed by 4/30
Complete Jan- Jun 2012 family album by 4/30 (doing it PL style)
Order the next batch of PL style page protectors
Complete MK 2010 by 4/25

Eating out only 1 a week
Scrapbooking buys to only what is needed immediately
Donation to Goodwill by 4/15
Dinners prepped for soccer practice nights
Make list for rest of goals for the month by week

Goal: 15 no buy days

WEEK 1:

4/1 - 0
4/2 - lunch out; 100 for ACT/SAT registration fees for DS16
4/3 - milk/a few needs $18; trimmer blades $7
4/4 - 0
4/5 - 0
4/6 - lunch out; renew zoo membership; cat/rabbit food
4/7 - 0

NO buy day: 4/15
Eating out per week: 2

WEEK 2:
4/8 - 0
4/9 - 6.00 for track meet; 20 for pizza for anniversary dinner
4/10 - 10 for milk
4/11 - 0
4/12 - 60 for lunch out after campus tour; groceries
4/13 - 15 lunch between soccer games
4/14 - 0

NO buy day: 7/15
Eating out per week: 2

WEEK 3:

4/15 - 70 for summer clothes; 15 for lunch out
4/16 - 10 milk
4/17 - 0
4/18 - 10 tomato/lettuce
4/19 - 9 for DS16's haircut
4/20 -

I'm in.

Goals:
No clutter, HABA or cleaning items purchased.
Max 2 dinners out/week (summer goal is 2 per month, so working towards slowly.
1 no buy day per week (hoping for more!)

Declutter:
Finish kitchen cabinets
Work thru/down scrapbook paper/stickers/etc.
At least 2 dropoffs at charity.
April is annual day town picks up any trash. Need to get a list started of stuff we have set aside for this so not to forget anything!

Good luck to everyone with their goals!

UGH, I really need to do something for April, but I'm not off to a good start.

I need to tally my purchases for the last 2 days.

Im so happy to find this thread, I did this a few years back, and it helped us get to debt free, so hopefully this time we stay that way! He's my story. Time to put on my big girl pants. We just moved to Louisville, KY. My husband got a great job opportunity we couldn't pass up. We had a trip planned to Disney in December but since then have had to sell our DVC and are going to purchase a home here. Im sad. I feel so blessed to be able to move to a great area and my husband to have a more safe, stable job,(he was previously an Iron Worker) but I was so looking forward to our trip. Our goal now is to pay off our debt and save as much as possible before we purchase again. We have a place to stay with family until we buy. We are paying very little for the time being. Then when we get into a new home, we plan our trip again... not this year, but we will get back to the world!pixiedust: Anyways, I need to save like crazy and pay off spending from the move (and maybe a little from before the move;)). I'm going to track all spending here so here goes. Starting today. Goal is 15 no buys this month.
:thumbsup2*1/15 NO BUYS* :wizard:*0/5 cc's to pay off*

April
2- No Buy:thumbsup2
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

Hello, MommyBell08. Congrats on your big move & new life. I wish you only good things & no-buy days!

Welcome to those that are new!

I need to get back to this now that we are healing.

Personal Goals:
Exercise 4 times per week
track my calories
eat less processed foods

Household Goals:
pack 2 rooms for flooring replacement
get rid of at least 2 boxes of stuff

Eating Out: Sundays, Wednesday Mornings(this is $5 and I am leading a Bible study while I do this), and 1 other time every other week
Scrapping: No buying unless it is needed immediately, finish re-cleaning scrap room, complete at least 20 pages of Samantha's wedding or church album

April:
1- groceries- $20 (for a meal I was fixing for our entire Bible study- each family does 1 time per month) scrapping- $32 for bimonthly kit
2- no buy
3- groceries (meat for next 3 months)- $509 and eating lunch out $15

Rebecca

Im so happy to find this thread, I did this a few years back, and it helped us get to debt free, so hopefully this time we stay that way! He's my story. Time to put on my big girl pants. We just moved to Louisville, KY. My husband got a great job opportunity we couldn't pass up. We had a trip planned to Disney in December but since then have had to sell our DVC and are going to purchase a home here. Im sad. I feel so blessed to be able to move to a great area and my husband to have a more safe, stable job,(he was previously an Iron Worker) but I was so looking forward to our trip. Our goal now is to pay off our debt and save as much as possible before we purchase again. We have a place to stay with family until we buy. We are paying very little for the time being. Then when we get into a new home, we plan our trip again... not this year, but we will get back to the world!pixiedust: Anyways, I need to save like crazy and pay off spending from the move (and maybe a little from before the move;)). I'm going to track all spending here so here goes. Starting today. Goal is 15 no buys this month.
:thumbsup2*2/15 NO BUYS* :wizard:*0/5 cc's to pay off*

April
3- No Buy:cool1:
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

I need to get back into this.

I have a trip to Disneyland coming up soon. Today, I changed some flights ($$) and added a trip to NYC on the way to Disneyland. :rolleyes1 I don't like to fly and I'm actually pretty good with geography. But I now have a 3 day layover in NYC on my way from New Orleans to Los Angeles. :rotfl: It will be great! :woohoo:

:welcome: to our new NO buy members!!!

I had to run out and buy MILK yesterday and DH stop at bought blades for my paper trimmer... I think they have cheapened up their blades.. I seem to go through them just as fast as MILK any more!

Off to update my OP with the info..

April
4- $51.50 Bathing suits for the kids
5- $98.05 Disney On Ice Tickets (had to get my fix, dont judge LOL:rotfl2:)
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-[/QUOTE]

I'm in, need to do better this month, March was a little rough!

My goals for April:

Take out only twice-this seems to be working for now
stick to only budgeted items
at least 15 no buy days
put away $50 per week for upcoming vacations

April 1 no buy
April 2 no buy
April 3 airfare for 2 to Orlando, was more than I budgeted but will be worth it.:)
April 4 no buy
April 5 no buy $50 toward vacations
April 6 Gas, $43, paid bills
April 7 groceries $104.38

April 8 no buy
April 9 no buy
April 10 no buy
April 11 no buy
April 12 no buy
April 13 paid bill, $93 2 pairs capris, 3 yoga pants, 1 legging, 1 yoga short, 1 beach cover, $25 dinner
April 14 Gas $43.52, Groceries $113.61

April 15, no buy
April 16, no buy
April 17, no buy
April 18, dinner out, used gift card
April 19, paid bill, shopping - $52.95 2 pairs capris, 3 shirts, 1 pair shoes, $38.37 2 pairs capris and 1 pair shorts, shorts will be returned as DS didn't like them.
April 20, $25 dinner and all day crop
April 21, Gas $35, Groceries $ 89.77, pay final installment of car insurance

April 22
April 23
April 24
April 25
April 26
April 27
April 28

Im so happy to find this thread, I did this a few years back, and it helped us get to debt free, so hopefully this time we stay that way! He's my story. Time to put on my big girl pants. We just moved to Louisville, KY. My husband got a great job opportunity we couldn't pass up. We had a trip planned to Disney in December but since then have had to sell our DVC and are going to purchase a home here. Im sad. I feel so blessed to be able to move to a great area and my husband to have a more safe, stable job,(he was previously an Iron Worker) but I was so looking forward to our trip. Our goal now is to pay off our debt and save as much as possible before we purchase again. We have a place to stay with family until we buy. We are paying very little for the time being. Then when we get into a new home, we plan our trip again... not this year, but we will get back to the world!pixiedust: Anyways, I need to save like crazy and pay off spending from the move (and maybe a little from before the move;)). I'm going to track all spending here so here goes. Starting today. Goal is 15 no buys this month. ...ps i don't count spending that is bills gas or groceries...

April
4- $51.50 Bathing suits for the kids
5- $98.05 Disney On Ice Tickets (had to get my fix, dont judge LOL:rotfl2:)
6- $4.00 ballons and card for hubbys b-day
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

My target is NO unnecessary spending for the whole month! I try to do this 3 months a year (Jan, April, and Sept). It really helps the budget and it reminds me to be grateful for how much we already have.

So far- no spending at all except for our tithe at church yesterday:)

Gotta get milk today but that is a necessity, so it doesn't count against my goal.

Our 40th wedding anniversary is at the end of the month. We will choose to make an exception for that.

How is everyone doing?
I updated mine doing fair but have had some extra expenditures for summer clothes since JCP had a great sale!

We are doing okay. Have started spring/summer shopping but have hit sales and am using coupons and gift cards so that is helping.

Nan, thanks for keeping this going as it is really helping me stick to the budget I set for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter