No availability?

lunapnp

DIS Veteran
I was looking to book a cruise for my DDs graduation. She graduates in May but we are going to wait and sail in the fall. I looked at dates in October and kept getting an error message that there was no availability. Do the cruises really book that early? I know the sooner I book the better but I can't be 100% sure of dates for a couple of more weeks. Now I'm afraid nothing will be left.

I was looking to book a cruise for my DDs graduation. She graduates in May but we are going to wait and sail in the fall. I looked at dates in October and kept getting an error message that there was no availability. Do the cruises really book that early? I know the sooner I book the better but I can't be 100% sure of dates for a couple of more weeks. Now I'm afraid nothing will be left.

What are you searching for? I just did a search for a Caribbean cruise in Oct (2014) on the Fantasy and got 4 hits. And a general search for a Bahamas cruise in Oct, no ship specified and got 13 hits. :confused3

I did several searches but was primarily doing 7 night Caribbean. I'm wondering if it was a computer glitch last night because one time I would look and it would have availability and the next search I did there was no availability. It may also be that I have to have a handicap accessible
Room. So that may be what is causing the problem, too.

I did several searches but was primarily doing 7 night Caribbean. I'm wondering if it was a computer glitch last night because one time I would look and it would have availability and the next search I did there was no availability. It may also be that I have to have a handicap accessible
Room. So that may be what is causing the problem, too.

There are only a few handicapped rooms, and they do book quickly. That may be the problem.

It could also be the number of people you are trying to book. If 4 or larger, try splitting up into two rooms.

If you need a handicap room they are the first to book up. At less than a year out one will be very hard to find for October 2014. Is there any way for your party to make a non-handicap room work?

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

One thing to consider is that the new ships had several rooms that were originally intended to be HA, but after the Dream was completed they didn't pass the requirements. The Dream has the larger bathrooms in those, and no tub as a HA would. I don't know why those rooms don't qualify as HA anymore, but they might provide you with what you need.

I would suggest using a TA or calling DCL directly regarding the availability of an HA room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter