No availability for a week in October under discounts?

mirage0306

DIS Veteran
I'm SO confused. I'm looking at a room in one of the deluxes for 5 people in mid october. Not only is there basically nothing under any of the discounts, but the site is showing nothing at rack rate. It's not possible the entirety of WDW is sold out, is it? I mean ZERO deluxes--nothing anywhere.

That has to be a glitch, right? Ugh.

I should have specified--I am not looking at WL or AKL. Mostly the monorail resorts and those all sleep five. Surely there is one room at the Poly, CR, or GF for those dates? I get that things might be booked up over at the Epcot resorts for F&W but everywhere else?

We booked last week for the Poly and had to change our dates to get a room there. I am thinking its going to be really crowded then.

We wanted just a standard room at the Poly or Garden Wing at the CR. Only the standard at the Poly was available, of the two.

Nope, been that way for a while.

The week of Gartner, there are a lot of conference room blocks at BC/YC, CR and GF. There are some conference room blocks for most of the month at Poly.

I'm SO confused. I'm looking at a room in one of the deluxes for 5 people in mid october. Not only is there basically nothing under any of the discounts, but the site is showing nothing at rack rate. It's not possible the entirety of WDW is sold out, is it? I mean ZERO deluxes--nothing anywhere.

I was seeing the same thing but tonight I searched on my same dates 10-16 and instead of selecting all resorts I picked poly. It showed that it has rooms at rack rates and then shows other resorts with room. Now I don't know if this is a glitch too cause I didn't make reservations yet to see if it really is available. Good luck!

I was trying to book Poly for first week of June..3 or 4 months ago- 0 availability.
Booked CR for December.. Had to extend by a day to be able to get a TPV room. And when checked the next day, after I booked, showed 0 availability for that entire week in any room besides a 2 bedroom in garden wing.
Try adding and subtracting a day and see what happens...it may help.

Well that Gartner thing would explain why so packed. Taking my wife for her 40th Birthday Oct 15-19. Luckily got a deluxe studio at Beach club villas, Her favorite resort.

I haven't been able to find availability at the Poly for any combination of dates in October. The CM I spoke with when I booked (what he claimed was literally the last available room) said they have a big convention during that time - we need 3 rooms and so far just 2 of us are the Poly (my sister's family is currently booked in at GF). I'm keeping fingers crossed that at some point the block of rooms that are reserved will be released, but who knows when that might be. We are going the 15th to 21st. My parents need an accessible room and I booked it last September as soon as I could - guess I should have booked all of the rooms then. :headache:

There are threads like this every year regarding October. There are a TON of conferences in the Disney hotels in October, and they really mess with Deluxe availability. Last year, I was looking to add a night at CR before our week stay at VWL. Disney was showing no standard rooms available only CL rooms at ridiculous rates. But one of my neighbors was invited to a conference at the CR the same time we were going to be at visit, and the room rate for the conferences was around $200. She offered to book a room for me under the conference rate, but I was afraid of getting booted by the Disney police. LOL.

We ended up staying at the Hard Rock at Universal instead, and actually ended up extending our Universal stay and shortened the number of days at Disney (luckily, we were one of those people who benefited from Guest Relations giving us an exception to the "no shortened stays" rule and we got to keep our 35% discount).

I wonder if the parks aren't as crowded during conferences. I would think during the day conference goers wouldn't be at the parks. That's my hope...

We have been going the 3rd week in October for the last few years and by far this has been the worse year for availability although I should have seen this coming when we couldn't book the BB deal for this year because all of October and November were excluded.

Does anyone suspect they will announce another room discount offer in the near future? Based on previous years it looked like they offered more rooms up in early May for October at discounted rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter