no availability for 12/19-12/26

bayknox

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to let everyone know that Member Services is saying there is not any availability at any DVC resort for 12/19-12/26 2009 except for Saratoga and Old Key West. We are booked at our home resort which is SSR but would like to change to AKV or BWV if possible. We are on a wait list but it does not look good.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Did you really think there would be availability for those dates this late?? That's only six months away.

I do realize that it is only 6 months away and yes I thought maybe there was a possibility of staying somewhere else. Last year we were able to get BCV only 3 months out. I thought with the economy this year less people would be traveling. No reason to be so rude-just wondering if anyone else had tried to book.

Yeah, that's pretty much the norm....December is the single busiest month for DVC reservations. Members book those stays at 11 months out, to the day. You'd have to be very, very lucky even to get anything at 7 months.

I'm a brand new member and had no idea we'd be basically shut out of BLT for December (even the week of Jan 4 had no availability). :confused3 We're going the week of Jan 17th as a result.

I'm a brand new member and had no idea we'd be basically shut out of BLT for December (even the week of Jan 4 had no availability). :confused3 We're going the week of Jan 17th as a result.

Jan 4th you are "running" into the marathon weekend at the end of that week.

I love how OKW and SSR having rooms often count as "no availability". :rotfl2:

I think that's a big issue with DVC. So many people bought SSR with the intention of switching at 7 months. There was a post last fall where a new member was furious because her guide told her she could buy at SSR and stay anywhere. She waitlisted for BCV for October and it didn't come through.

I hate to say it, but I think the chances are slim for your waitlist to come through. If you just booked now, you need to remember there are people on the waitlist that called before you did. You'll enjoy your stay at SSR, but if you've already stayed there what about trying OKW. I PROMISE you'll LOVE it there.

We purchased BLT and all they had was SSR for November and December. I was a little annoyed given the resort isn't even open yet and I couldn't get a reservation at my home resort, but I know what to do going forward.

I think that's a big issue with DVC. So many people bought SSR with the intention of switching at 7 months. There was a post last fall where a new member was furious because her guide told her she could buy at SSR and stay anywhere. She waitlisted for BCV for October and it didn't come through.

Really? She must have been mad! :headache:

Thankfully we bought at SSR to stay at SSR. ;) The grounds are so gorgeous, DH golfs, we are really active (love running and walking), the THV pixiedust: the decor and amenities, the spa, the condo style vs hotel style, and the proximity to DTD makes it the perfect DVC for us.

What is it about this board?

"No availability" does not equal "except at" ??????

And actually considering the week in question I am surprised that there were two choices open!

Folks lets start aiming for truth in advertising LOL!

Will there be any new rooms declared at Kidani that might open up some availability for these dates?

the guides will tell you just about anything to get you to buy in to DVC. We bought at BLT on our cruise in May. He did make it seem like you can just call up and stay wherever, whenever. He also told us we were getting 200 points for 2009 that we could use immediately, but he left out the part that we could not actually stay anywhere until August when BLT opens.

Now that we're members and have booked a couple trips, we know what to do and how far in advance we have to plan. They didn't exactly use complete 'truth in advertising' lol, but you kind of expect that with this sort of thing.

I think we're getting through the initial learning curve of booking DVC and just know now that if there is somewhere specific we want to stay at a certain time, we have to book as soon as our window opens.

We have found that there is more availability at other resorts than our home resort. We haven't found availability that works for us at BLT, but have reservations at VWL and AKV between now and December.

I have stayed at SSR and it is beautiful. I just would prefer to try something new. I was just there last week and checked out AKV. It is so nice there and seeing as how we have stayed at SSR the past 2 holidays,we wanted to try AKV.
I know it was a long shot but I will continue to pray and hope that our waitlist comes thru if it is meant to be.

I love how OKW and SSR having rooms often count as "no availability". :rotfl2:
*snork* I was thinking that myself. That is not my definition of "no availability". If it was, then there would be "no availability" all over DVC for any time under the 4-6 month window.

I have stayed at SSR and it is beautiful. I just would prefer to try something new. I was just there last week and checked out AKV. It is so nice there and seeing as how we have stayed at SSR the past 2 holidays,we wanted to try AKV.
I know it was a long shot but I will continue to pray and hope that our waitlist comes thru if it is meant to be.

You can definitely get in somewhere else if you call right at the 7 month window for a time OTHER THAN Christmas week!! We love AKV as well as SSR (and VWL and....and....) but know not to expect any availability anywhere beyond that 7 month window. I am really surprised calling "this late" that there was ANYTHING open anywhere..... I would definitely take SSR over OKW.

I am with others who think "no availability" = NOTHING AVAILABLE ANYWHERE not "only SSR". You just have to try to go at a different time of year besides the busiest week possible and you have to call right at 7 months. Good luck with your waitlist.

We purchased BLT and all they had was SSR for November and December. I was a little annoyed given the resort isn't even open yet and I couldn't get a reservation at my home resort, but I know what to do going forward.

Book as soon as your 11 month/7 month window opens. Don't stress & be flexible during certain times of the year. Congrats on your BLT purchase.

We just booked our BLT reservations within the last 2 weeks for 11/29 through 12/9/2009 at BLT. We are in a 1 Bedroom MK view for 11/29 and a LV studio for 11/29 through 12/9/2009.

We told our guide we were only going to buy if we could get into BLT for our original dates of travel. We were booked at Contemporary in a MK view. He called member services and got us a pending reservation and we were all set. Hopefully everyone's WL will come through. We felt very lucky to get our reservations this late in the year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter