No AP Rate For Me

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
My DU agent wasn't able to get me an AP rate at POR or WL. We're booked at POR with a AAA discount of $136.00 per night. This just seems so unfair to me when others have gotten WL for the same rate.

I hope that MAYBE some sort of pixie dust gets sprinkled my way and things change or become available. We're going 10/18 to 10/25 and are traveling with two small children. I just can't bear the thought of busing to the MK with a 3 month old and a two year old and having to fold the double stroller up each and every time! (Our plan is to drive to the other parks).

Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I heard rooms are pretty booked up for 10/17 to 10/21 due to a large computer convention. Those dates were blacked out on the e-mail discount. Can you change your dates?

No AP rate for me either. :sad:

I am just the unluckiest person! I have never gotten an email or a postcard and now I can't get an AP rate.

I was hoping for 10/4 - 15 at the CBR. The CM said there was nothing avail. for those dates. :sad:

Me neither :(

I am going 11/26-12/4 at the BWI. Now I knew 11/26 & 27 I would have to keep my AAA rate because of blackout dates. The CM (Patsy) I spoke with was awesome checking 11/28-12/4 - but nothing for BWI, BC, YC, GF, Poly for those dates in the way of AP discounts boo hoo!

I did keep my AAA rate. At least $245 is better than $289!

I have it for part of my trip. Well 3 out of 14 nights. Because we are going the week of Thanksgiving we run into blackout dates. Oh well, DU agent is trying to work a little magic for us! Hope she gets back to me soon!

DU agent came through! Played with the dates and got the rate even for Thanksgiving!

Don't give up! It can be done if you keep trying!

Did you guys have the CM look at booking the AP rate for you night by night?

What I mean is, I was also told they didn't have the AP rate for my stay. Then I said, Ok, do you have the rate for October 2? Yes! Ok, book it. Do you have the rate for October 3? Yes! Ok, book it. This went on until I said Do you have the rate for October 8? No. Ok, I'll take rack on that night.

So, try it night by night. It may be that there is just one night of your entire vacation holding you up from getting the preferred rate.

Hi. Could someone answer this question? I wasn't able to apply the Ap rate today for my Pop reservation because there wasn't any ap rates available. Only AS Music was available and I don't want that. So now if general public room only discounts come out, is it possible that there may be some discounts available to apply to my Pop reservation?

Thanks,
Kim

No AP rate for me either - WL Nov. 10-16. I guess the Soap weekend is blacked out. Bummer. :(

When I called this morning, after being on hold for 50 minutes the first CM I spoke with said there was no ap availability for my dates, 11/19-11/28 at the Polynesian. I asked if she could check for the first four dates. She said still nothing available. I hung up and called back. Again on hold for nearly an hour and the next CM had no problem applying the AP rate to my first four days and leaving my AAA rate on the last five days. If at first you don't succeed . . .

I'll have to take the advice here and call back later and try to apply it each individual night.

I did call and at POR for my same dates (10/4 - 15) and was tol no for those dates & resort too.

:sad:

Also the CM said to try back in a couple of hours because people cancel and alos they have previously released different resorts during the day. I'm taking that to mean that they stagger the release of resorts throughout the day.

I've called twice today hoping I would get a different answer from the second CM but WRONG. There were no AP rates available at Fort Wilderness for either of my trips (October or December).
I'm not a happy camper:crazy: :crazy:

Originally posted by wanna-b-Tink
Did you guys have the CM look at booking the AP rate for you night by night?

What I mean is, I was also told they didn't have the AP rate for my stay. Then I said, Ok, do you have the rate for October 2? Yes! Ok, book it. Do you have the rate for October 3? Yes! Ok, book it. This went on until I said Do you have the rate for October 8? No. Ok, I'll take rack on that night.

So, try it night by night. It may be that there is just one night of your entire vacation holding you up from getting the preferred rate.

When you do that is it an individual reservation for each night How do they work that

I have had this problem with DU before. My span of dates (at POR) was not available at the discount so my agent told me that I would have to keep my rack rate... Well I had to get on the phone myself with Disney and play around with dates. In the end I got the discount for the dates I wanted.
I also found they if I wanted 4 nights and there was "no discount" available I would ask for 6 nights and got the "discount" then call the next day and cancel two of those nights and keep the original 4 nights. Complicated yes!!! But I can't stand the thought of paying rack when others don't have to.
I now book everything myself! with the 800# of course:smooth:

Originally posted by rapriebe
I've called twice today hoping I would get a different answer from the second CM but WRONG. There were no AP rates available at Fort Wilderness for either of my trips (October or December).
I'm not a happy camper:crazy: :crazy:

I'm sorry! But I would try again. Don't give up! I called around noon and they offered me Fort Wilderness for Dec. at $138. Good Luck, I hope you get what you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter