• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No ADRs at HS?

Drinehart811

Got my E-ticket to paradise
I was so excited about the extension of Frozen summer fun to Sep 28th (which is my 1st day there!) I went to change my ADRs to be able to be there for it. There are zero ADRs at any restaurant for dinner on 9/28. (And I'm a party of 2). Does this sound like a fluke to you guys? It seemed really strange to me. Do you think will accept walk ups? A server at 50s PT had said they had to last time I was there during FD.

I did manage to get HBD for lunch, but that was the only place available for lunch (seriously nothing else), and I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining ones go quick.

Since Frozen was extended, everything is gone. I tried to switch our H&V for an earlier time, but nothing is available. At least we'll get Frozen!

Likely booked up due to evening EMH. Learned my lesson with that one on our last trip and made my 50's Primetime ADR's right away.

I am having a similar problem for 11/16-11/18. I know it is late but I have reorganized my touring and had to change days for DHS. Now the only thing available for those days at lunch or dinner is HBD. I am a party of 1, I sometimes try booking for party of 2 and that doesn't work this time either.

If you cannot get an ADR, we have had good luck eating at the bar at 50's PT, especially with a party of 2.

I luckily booked H&V fantasmic package a couple months ago, before they switched hours around. There was a ton available for that day until then. So I'd say that is when everything went fast, I think everything was gone way before frozen announcement.

Yeah, I guess I was thinking since park hours were extended maybe they would extend the times the restaurants were open as well, which would add some late late dinners.

If you cannot get an ADR, we have had good luck eating at the bar at 50's PT, especially with a party of 2.

Thanks I may try that. I ate at 50s last year and loved the fried chicken. The more I look at the lunch menu for HBD though, the better I like it. I have always wanted to eat there but haven't done it. So maybe it will happen this trip.

If you don't mind having dinner early, for me that means leaving lots of room for the new Frozen treats ::yes::, there's currently an HBD at 3:05 for 2.

Haha! Sorry. Just realized you said you have a lunch ressie for HBD already. You might have some better luck 30 days out, when the non-resort people can make FP+s. People might move stuff then. Also, depending on when you want to do the sing-along there might be time for a resort restaurant dinner before the Frozen Fireworks.

It doesn't surprise me with all the frozen stuff going on, and it being around the time of the free dining promotion. Keep checking back if you really want to get an adr, something might open up, and you can always try for a walk up. You could also think about taking a boat over to the BW/BC areas and having a meal there, get a little break from the park too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter