• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No ADR = out of luck?

maccalovah

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry, I am sure this has been asked a million times, but as a local, we go to Disney frequently, and don't really make ADRs 180 days out. It's very frustrating to want to go to a restaurant sort of last-minute, and have nothing available. Do any of these restaurants reserve space for walk-ups?

Just wondering, because I was a bad planner for my DH's bday in September, and am now unable to get anything at 'Ohana. What if we just....went there? Sat in the lounge and waited for a table? Or is that not an option?

Thanks for any input! :thumbsup2

The restaurants do not hold any tables for walk-ups (some of the third party ones at DTD might). For 'Ohana, I would keep searching for an ADR. Check on line as many times as you can. People's plans change and ADRs might come open. You can try walking up, but the wait might be pretty long.

Thanks....I was somehow able to snag a late reservation, but the time is less than desirable (9:50!!), so I will keep trying...but at least I have *something*! :cool2:

I'm not sure about Ohana, but my friend went with her BF and they were able to walk up to BOG and be seated.

It does not help for Ohana but several restaurants have bars with access to the full menu. As these do not take reservations you can hit these up and have a nice dinner without planning it six months in advance.

It has been a while since I did this, but here is what I remember: Raglan Road, The Wave, Narcoossees, Blue Zoo,and the Tune-In lounge at 50's Prime Time in DHS.

This option works best with a party of one or two.

Also, keep looking, people's plans change and reservations get dropped.

We have friends who are driving back today who ended up cancelling their Ohana reservations about 26 hours out, they realized the kids were just "sit down restaurant overwhelmed and did not want to do it again." My kids woud need to look like this to agree to cancelling at Ohana :sick: but every family and situation is different.

They stayed in the park and ate burgers instead.

You never know when that reservation might pop open. I hope you get some pixie dust!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter