• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No ADR Coral Reef Sept. 21

MooseDog

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if it happens that a restaurant will have openings after all the ADR are filled? I was at WDW for 3/30 - 4/8 and the there were no openings for Dinner at the Coral Reef, even though I tried 3 months in advance for seating, and went to the counter three times over the vacation to check availability. I am going back for my birthday (9/21) and I cannot get reservations. I have been calling frequently to see if there are any cancellations. Is there anything that someone can suggest, or should I give up? Thank-you.

Hi,

You should keep calling...it's really a matter of luck. Sometimes you will call right after someone else callt to cancel.

Also, don't give up after you get there. Keep calling.

And if all else fails, try for a walk-up (although it is unlikely that walk-ups will be available during free dining).

Thanks,

I will keep trying. I just wish that people who have ADRs and do not plan on keeping tham, would have the courtesy to take the time and call up and cancel them. That little effort would make someone elses trip that much more enjoyable. I understand that everyone makes changes to their dining plans (I did, when I went in April), I just wish that people would think about the next person who may benefit from a little effort on their part.

I cancelled a Coral Reef dinner ADR for 5 for Sept. 28 last week and tried to get a dinner for Sept. 24 instead. They couldn't get us in until 8:10 which would mean we'd miss Illuminations. I had to take a late lunch (2:50) instead. There were other more normal lunch times available, but we are doing the Norway breakfast at 8:30 the same day. I hope someone was excited when they got our old 6:20 pm Coral Reef ADR! :goodvibes I cancel mine as soon as I make a replacement. Like you said, that is just the right thing to do - especially during free dining when ADRs are so hard to get!

My mother is going with us and she has just found out that she will have to leave and go back home for a meeting mid-way through our trip. I have been trying to rearrange all of our meals now so that we can go the places I think she'll most enjoy while she is still with us during the first half of the trip. The times are already wiped out and we still have months to go! I guess everyone has wised up and they know it is so important to get those ADRs early!

I'd say it is definitely worth calling to check for any openingings. I have had good luck with it. While trying to rearrange our ADRs, I've had to book a few 4:30 dinners. I called this morning and lucked out to get them all at more normal times except for Teppanyaki on 9/28. I'm still at 4:45 for that one. LTT and 50's Prime Time Cafe both had openings this morning for 6:30-ish pm. I was thrilled! I love it when a plan comes together! :banana:

Don't rule out lunch ADR at CR if you can get them. We have done dinner many times and lunch several times. We now only do lunch at Coral Reef. The experience is much better at lunch time than dinner. The menus are similar, with a few changes. Lunch is so relaxing there and dinner is chaotic and loud. For our trips for August and October, I booked lunches for both trips at Coral Reef. We use the DDP alot and it also gives us a nice break from having to be some place every night.

Don't rule out lunch ADR at CR if you can get them. We have done dinner many times and lunch several times. We now only do lunch at Coral Reef. The experience is much better at lunch time than dinner. The menus are similar, with a few changes. Lunch is so relaxing there and dinner is chaotic and loud. For our trips for August and October, I booked lunches for both trips at Coral Reef. We use the DDP alot and it also gives us a nice break from having to be some place every night.

Thanks for that great info on lunch at CR. I really appreciate it - it makes me feel much better about the ADR I got! :goodvibes

I got lunch ADR for my birthday. I guess calling does work, though I did not get a dinner seating. I do like the dinner menu better though. Do you think I will be able to order a meal from the dinner menu? I am just so excited for September.

I got the 21st at 6:30pm last week. The lady told me it must have been a cancellation and that I better take it.. If you really want dinner just keep trying. I'm doing that to get an earlier time at CP..

I got CRT on the first try for my birthday but having serious trouble in getting LC ADR. Oh btw MooseDog, the 21st is my birthday too. So happy birthday to both of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter