NO 90+10 on a split stay

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been posted before...

Just got off the phone with dining & they would not me make ADR's for the back end of my Aug trip.

90 day window opened today. Should be able to book for the next 10 days right? No so fast!

Because our first res is only 3 nights they would only book for the length of stay. Said I had to wait until the 90 window opened for the 2nd res.

Agent said flat out that it was because people were making dummy reservations and/or modifying existing reservations to get a jump on ADR's. I am so tired of people trying to cheat the system screwing it up for the rest of us.

This is so ridiculous :furious:

I've felt your frustration in a way.

As a DVC member, I have a few reservation numbers all linked together. But it shows as several reservations. When I called for my ADRs I was told the same. After explaining to her that it was a continous reservation, she told me that they were prepared for those on Free dining to do this.:confused3 I didn't understand what she meant until after.

So I requested to speak to Guest Services and she told me that the regular CMs were not able to do this, but they were. It took awhile to explain that I had points linked to cash linked to other points etc so, maybe she understood or couldn't stand listening to me anymore:lmao::confused3, but she said that she was able to override it and book my 10 days. The real problems I had was calling back 3 days later and adding the rest of my ADRs, that took 2 CMs and 2 Guest Service agents to do it.:scared1::sad2:

Honestly, I still can't believe anyone would book "dummy reservations to get a head start on ADRs. It just seems like too much work. And I would be very nervous about cancelling any of those reservations just in case they now link the resort reservations with ADR reservations.

I understand how frustrating it must be to think you can make reservations and then find out that you can't.

I think that the agent might be wrong in this instance, about the reason on the why, for the split. I think it has to do more with the new system and how reservations are absolutely tied to the confirmation number when booking early.

Also, thinking about it, the only instance that I can think that a 'dummy' reservation would be needed would be if you were staying the first half of your trip on site, and then moving off site for the second half of your trip. I believe that this probably happens on occasion, but I haven't really heard of it being the 'norm' for a Disney trip.

That also assumes that the person thinks to exploit the loophole and is planing on coming to Disney for part of the 'off site' portion of the trip. Again, this is all possible, but when you think about the tiny fraction of the people that this represents, and then compare it to the larger (but still probably small) fraction who just flat out double book, you'd think that Disney would invest in curtailing the double booking first.

Not minimizing your frustration at all, I understand it, just hoping to ease it a bit by pointing out how this CM may well be wrong on their theory. :hug:

We're doing a split stay in Dec.

I sure hope this doesn't happen to me when I make ADR's

It's a darn shame over food that people would cheat the system for ADRs

Agent said flat out that it was because people were making dummy reservations and/or modifying existing reservations to get a jump on ADR's. I am so tired of people trying to cheat the system screwing it up for the rest of us.

1) The 90+10 is for each reservation.
2) Therefore, what they are doing is correct.
3) I do not see a problem with this.
4) Anyone trying to bridge reservations with 90+10 is going against the guidelines.

I'm assuming from your signature pics that you are DVC members? If so, I would call Member Services. This happened to me on Wed. My first day of our Aug trip was added on after I had already booked the rest of our stay. I was given a separate reservation # for this one day, and then it was linked to the rest of our week.

Now here comes this past Wed, my 90 day mark for dining ressies, but the cast member would only book our dinner for that first day, because he said as far as their computer showed, we were only there for the one day. He said I had to call back the next day to finish the booking of our meals, as that would be 90 days until the second reservation.

Well, two hours later when MS opened I explained my plight, and the CM there told me that the dining person was incorrect and didn't have a proper understanding of how the system worked. Then he made all my ressies for me right then and there and I did NOT have to call back the next day! :woohoo:

It should be for your stay not each ressie.

We're spending more money this year with a split stay including AKL instead of just sticking with CBR the whole trip like we usually do, so I can't see being penalized for that.

So....if you're staying off-site (which I don't), you can't make an ADR? I mean, you wouldn't have a res#. Right?

1) The 90+10 is for each reservation.
2) Therefore, what they are doing is correct.
3) I do not see a problem with this.
4) Anyone trying to bridge reservations with 90+10 is going against the guidelines.

Actually, it is published on the WDW website as "prior to your visit"

Walt Disney World® Dining and Reservations
To make reservations, call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 up to 90 days prior to your visit.

and

Due to the popularity of our Table-service restaurants, the restaurant and seating of your choice may be limited or may not be available. Please call 407-WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463 to make reservations up to 90 days prior to your visit for the best options. Guests under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian's permission to call.

My visit begins when I check in to hotel #1.

I was able to book my adr's for our split stay from 8/8-8/20.I called 90 days out from the 1st reservation and booked for 10 days.Then called back each day after that to add on 1 day until the 20th.Only the 1st cm said it couldn't be done.The rest never even questioned it.So guess the system isn't allowing it anymore at all.

So....if you're staying off-site (which I don't), you can't make an ADR? I mean, you wouldn't have a res#. Right?

You can make reservations, but you can't take advantage of the +10, so someone staying off site has to call each morning for that days reservations at 90 days out.

This new policy happened when WDW got word that guests AND TA's were booking their resort reservations for 8/15 for one night, with a plan of cancelling that day in order to get a jump on those arriving on 8/16 for free dine. YES, they were cheating the system and in turn it was going to have a negative effect on those that were checking in on 8/16. There were guests that admitted on the phone while trying to make those dine reservations that their TA's advised them to do this!! Very sad, huh?? There is a very long thread on here from a couple weeks ago about this very subject!!!

I think that the agent might be wrong in this instance, about the reason on the why, for the split. I think it has to do more with the new system and how reservations are absolutely tied to the confirmation number when booking early.

When she first said she couldn't do it I asked if it was the new system & she said no. After further discussion (yes, discussion... I was in no way rude despite my annoyance), she said that a memo had circulated within the past few days about the new policy & how "they" would be monitored & disciplined accordingly.

I will be very curious to see if this policy stays in effect once we are beyond free DDP.

FWIW, I know it's only food we're talking about but our trips revolve around food. We visit 3-4 times per year & spend the vast majority of time at the resort pool & dining out. Unfortunately our dining experiences have been on a gradual decline for quite some time. This just adds to the frustration.

Plus I really hate it when people who think they are above the rules spoil things for those that play nice.

Now, if later in the week I am able to get everything on the list then fine. If not I'm gonna stomp my foot & hold my breath... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

That blows my mind, but with the free dining loophole that apparently was abused, I understand it now.

Man people are crazier than I thought when it comes to ADR's. Hopefully it goes back to 'normal' after Free Dining.

I am doing a split stay b/c of free dining. I asked if I could make the ressies for part two and was told no. I politely asked her if she would try. She did and it worked. Use your charm folks.:goodvibes

I don't know why CMs seem to be inconsistent on this. We also have a split stay in August - a split DVC stay, with 6 nights in Kidani and 4 at Saratoga Springs. I called at 90+10 from the first check-in, and the CM initially told me the same thing they told you. However, she said "let's just try it", and we proceeded to book each of my ADRs day by day for all 10 days, to her surprise.

Which was particularly critical since the 4 nights at SSR are the first 4 nights of the dreaded free dining.

I booked my entire stay of 18 nights with a 9 night / 9 night split stay at POP (second ressie being free dining). I had no problems booking a split stay and just asked them to please try if they didn't think they could. Everyone had no problems. Only one person said no and I just called back.

Not once did I ever have to give my second reservation, they booked all of them off my first ressie. When I would mention it -they said they didn't need it.

I am doing a split stay b/c of free dining. I asked if I could make the ressies for part two and was told no. I politely asked her if she would try. She did and it worked. Use your charm folks.:goodvibes

I did this, too. After being told by three CM's (first one DID try) AND a guest Service CM, the answer was that the system could not be overridden by anyone. I told them I knew of people doing this, and they all said can't do it. For my first 4 night stay I was able to make 5 ADRS. (one for each night and departure day) I got everything I wanted at good times. I waited for my second 90 day window, and booked my other 3 ADRS-exactly what and when I wanted.

I don't think charm has anything to do with it, but I will be the first to note that I am severely lacking in this department.:laughing:

I have a split stay starting the day the trip the day before free dining (5 nights at AKV then 3 nights at BLT). We had no problem making the ADRS, didn't even mention the split stay. Just moved on to the last day's ADR (chef mickey's), and had no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter