• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No 3-bdrm for Christmas Eve 2015 OKW

BrotherBear

Mouseketeer
Tried for a three bedroom at OKW on Dec 24th, exactly at the 11 month window (1/24/15) and all 3 bedrooms were gone for that day. Such a bummer, now our party of 12 will need to break-up and stay in smaller accommodations.

I did wait-list for our entire stay (5 days) in the hopes that someone will cancel in the next 11 months, but seeing as it is christmas, I am doubtful.

I know these rooms are popular, especially at xmas, but I had hoped that I could book at the 11 month window, at exactly 7am.

boohoo

Tried for a three bedroom at OKW on Dec 24th, exactly at the 11 month window (1/24/15) and all 3 bedrooms were gone for that day. Such a bummer, now our party of 12 will need to break-up and stay in smaller accommodations.

I did wait-list for our entire stay (5 days) in the hopes that someone will cancel in the next 11 months, but seeing as it is christmas, I am doubtful.

I know these rooms are popular, especially at xmas, but I had hoped that I could book at the 11 month window, at exactly 7am.

boohoo

It is possible someone is walking a reservation for New Years Eve and they may drop a bunch of days before Dec. 31. I would definitely keep checking during the next week or so and book whatever nights you might be able to get, then wait list the rest.

It is possible someone is walking a reservation for New Years Eve and they may drop a bunch of days before Dec. 31. I would definitely keep checking during the next week or so and book whatever nights you might be able to get, then wait list the rest.

I agree with Jean. Keep checking, at least for the next couple of weeks or so. You might be surprised. Good luck!

I just checked and there is availability from Dec. 26 and forward, so I would be ready to go when online booking opens tomorrow and try again. At least book what you can if any nights are available. If you are lucky enough to get 3 days then you will only need to waitlist 2 days and that will be much easier to get than 5 days in a row.

Thank you for the advise! I will definitely keep checking for the next few weeks. I hadn't thought about people "walking" a ressie for New Years Eve, but you are so right.

I appreciate everyones comments!

:cool1:

I would check every day tons of time for the next week, and then again right at the 7 month window, someone may want a 3 bedroom somewhere else. or even take say a BLT 2 bedroom, instead.. based on your time and 11 month to the second. I WOULD say if you are thorough in checking you will have a good shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter