NJ DVC members sound off!! (Navy folks too!!)

We drive almost every trip. We leave Friday evening around 6:30, drive straight thru the nite,get to WDW around 9:30-10:00 am. We check-in at the resort then head over to a park. We try to avoid the dark rides though....... my snoring annoys the other guests.

My husband and I are in Waldwick (near Paramus and Bergenfield!! And not too far from Clifton!). I was raised in East Brunswick (near South River and Old Bridge) and he was raised in Randolph.

I have to admit that we're not official DVC members yet: We are waiting for the ROFR process on a resale at SSR, so please keep your fingers crossed for us!

BTW, InstImpress and bmwdsny, did you know that Parsipanny was originally (back in the late 1600s/early 1700s) known as "Percypeny"? [Sorry to go off topic, but I am something of a history geek, and have always found that tidbit to be fascinating! ;) ]

TTFN!

Originally posted by JimFitz
So do any of you Jersey folks drive to WDW?

Yup......not every time, but we have driven there. When we are going a few times a year, it does save $$$, since we need 4 airline tickets. It really isn't that bad....or maybe I just have a high tolerance level. We usually leave at dinner time, put a movie (Disney related, of course!!!!) on in the van for the kids.....they fall asleep by 9:00 or so....than drive through the night. My husband is a police officer and works 12 hour shifts, so driving all night for him is nothing out of the ordinary...and as strange as this seems....he PREFERS to do it this way. It takes us about 18 hours to get down there....when we check in, hubby goes to sleep if the room is ready...or goes out by the pool and falls asleep for a couple hours. I take the kids straight to the pool. It might not work for everyone, but it works for us!

:wave: :wave: Hello, from Monmouth county, NJ, Howell township
We are transplanted New Yorkers, here since 1990. We love NJ, love to take trips to cape may ( about 3 hrs by car ). That`s as far as I`ll go car triping these days!
We used to drive to WDW from New York when the kids were small, no more! rather fly ! lol at another posters comment about not feeling anything from the waist down:rotfl: I HEAR YA !!!
We`re new DVC members and are looking foward to our other favorite place!!!

Checking in from Howell, Monmouth County. Grew up in North Jersey, North Arlington, Rochelle Park, South Hackensack, moved to Jackson when I was 20, found the love of my life and have been pretty happy here for 24 more years. DS 19 & DS 16 are just about grown (wasn't it just yesterday that I was changing their diapers and running to pre-school?) and as soon as they're ready to be on their own (I'm hoping it will be before they're in their 30's), I'll be retiring somewhere in Central Florida.

We bought at the Boardwalk in 2000 and can't wait to get back there.

I always get a kick, driving on Route 9 every day and seeing dozens of Mickey antennea toppers. Uncle Walt sure knew what he was doing.

Susan

Boardwalk in 17 days:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We are in Secaucus. Dh grew up in Jersey City. We've lived in Jersey City, West Caldwell and Secaucus. I grew up in Queens, New York and lived in New Brunswick before meeting dh.

Another one here form Bergenfield-originally from New Milford, though.
DH has lived in Bergenfield his entire life(in fact we live in the house he grew up in LOL), and yes it has changed, but I still like it. Nice neighborhood, good neighbors, DH is Lieutenant at one of the fire houses here in town, my FIL was mayor and councilman here for years and years, I worked at a bank in town for quite a few years before I had kids, have 2 friends who teach at Roy Brown, I go to church here..I really feel at home and connected to the community here.:)

Originally posted by Bmwdsny
My DH and I were born and raised in Pequannock Township, NJ (morris county, next to Wayne) until we moved to PA 5 years ago. (only over the border though,

My brother moved out to PA near you-Wind Gap/Plainfield Twshp, a few years ago-he says he will get me out to PA, but I truly adore NJ, I would never leave, it is my home sweet home!
:D
He is loving PA(it is nice)...and my Dad is moving out there shortly, so those 2 will be there, and my younger brother (in Oradell) and I will stay put!

the haeadman family checking in here also from south jersey.
Pat-Rick- did you say salem county? i cant believe it, we are located in pennsville what town were you in? i bet you love it down in cape may. my FIL and SIL both have houses in cape may and it is beautiful there.
we have been dvc members since april of 2003 and love it. will be going home october 2-9 and cant wait. staying at bcv. im taking my whole family 14 of us, not too sure about going with a big group like this but should be fun. any suggestions on how to keep everyone happy?
my dh and i were born and raised in new jersey, i love it but my dh would move in a heartbeat. have 2 children dd 13 and ds 3 and they are disney addicts just like there mom.

About to start my 25th year in the Navy. Airdale my whole career. Stationed at NAS Lemoore CA. been on 12 different Carriers from the Coral Sea to the USS Harry S Truman. Home of record is Piscataway, NJ and I am a registered voter in the state.
pirate: pirate:

Ocean Township checking in. More specifically Oakhurst.

I'm wondering the percentage of Jersey Shore folks who purchased at the BWV? Does where we live make us preconditioned to be drawn to a boardwalk?

Union County right here......
I'm wondering the percentage of Jersey Shore folks who purchased at the BWV? Does where we live make us preconditioned to be drawn to a boardwalk?

- i was gunna ask the exact same thing....we have BWV for ours
~here's a pic from the boardwalk when you get off the elevator, in case you can't see it in the corner it says Atlantic City, NJ..... I just had to take a pic of it

f8205d12.jpg.orig.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi

We're from Monroe Township in Middlesex County--the central part of the state. We were originally from Ohio (DH from Dayton and me from Cleveland) but have been Jerseyans for 31 years. We joined DVC in 1993--so we're 'old-timers." :D :D :D We drive to Florida most of the time--mostly to save a little money and to have a car available.

We are REAL Disney people. We have three grown daughters--the two oldest are DVC members also. Our youngest daughter is a CM at WDW in Entertainment. She is a 'face' character. I'll bet you thought that Snow White came from Germany, Belle was from France and Ariel from under the sea. Surprise--those Princesses are all from New Jersey. LOL!!!!;) ;) ;)

We're from Ocean City. DH lived in New York until he was 15 then moved to Wildwood. I've lived in OC pretty much my whole life and love it. We don't enjoy the extra traffic in the summer but love riding our bikes on the boardwalk and our Sundays at the beach. We also take rides to Cape May and have drinks on the dock at the Lobster House or visiting MIL on the mall.

We've been DVC members since 2000 and own at BCV and BWV. I love going into our unit at BCV and there is a map of Cape May County with our town on it.

We go to WDW at least twice a year and usually drive. DH and I are going for a short (6 nights) visit in Oct. so we will be flying out of Phila. and trying Southwest for the first time.

JVL1018

What grade do your friends teach? Maybe DS has one as a teacher. He just finished 6th grade and is starting 7th in fall.

Originally posted by Ukladmok

Well, i know that we are either #2 or #3 (NJ vs NY) on the highest DVC members countywide/worldwide . Florida is #1. I am curious myself how many NJ'ers actually bought BWV. That was the first resort we owned, due to the fact that i liked the theming of "the old days Atlantic City" :)

Deep-thots: yes, i remember vaguely about Parsippany that it was another spelling/name.

JVL1018: Windgap is only 10 mins north from here!
Aaah, never say never!!! I thought i was NEVER going to leave Pequannock, (heck i was born here and was a proud New Jersey Girl!!!!) which i lived for 33 years before moving here to Easton. I was being stubborn first to even leave my state. We moved for housing puprose,(bigger house for less $) lower taxes, closer to my DH work, lower car insurance, etc...But i am happy here and you will not BELIEVE how many Ex-New Jersey folks lives here in my development alone!!!! it is amazing!! but i still have the feel of Jersey here since i am only 2 miles from the border!!:p

Originally posted by starwood
JVL1018

What grade do your friends teach? Maybe DS has one as a teacher. He just finished 6th grade and is starting 7th in fall.
My one friend teaches special ed and my other friend teaches math- her name is Jill Galligan. I think she's 6th grade, maybe she's 7th.

We are from Cherry Hill, about 6 miles east of Philadelphia.

We have been to Disney almost every year since the late 70's. I would say that at least 2/3's of those trips have been driven. I personally don't mind the drive. My wife and kids are a different story! We usually make it a 2 day trip, stopping half way (actually within 3 miles of halfway!) in Lumberton, NC. Good places to eat and sleep there. The next day we are on property by 3PM.

---Paul in Southern NJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter