• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nintendo/Universal team up for theme park attractions

Darkwing981

Mouseketeer
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nintendo-teams-universal-parks-attractions-794024

Whoa... as a Nintendo fan this is absolutely HUGE NEWS!!!! :yay:

So glad to see Nintendo finally marketing/licensing their characters in different mediums (toys. smart devices, and now theme park rides). Btw, I also wonder how this affects Marvel's presence at Universal Parks/ do they just cede all the theme parks rights to Disney?

One things for sure; things just got a whole lot more interesting!!!

Meh, ride based off super Mario bros and Zelda. I don't see it being that huge and lasting. And from the article it looks like it's going to Universal Studios in Japan..no mention of Orlando or Hollywood.

For news for Universal here in Florida I heard their going to be adding a King Kong ride

The reason I have yet to go to Universal is none of their IPs interest me and Nintendo falls right into that category. I realize as a 40-something woman I'm not their target audience. I am going there this fall but only because my husband wants to try it not because I'm really dying to go. Teenage boys and people who like what teenage boys like seems to be their target audience with the exception of HP, which has a broader appeal, but still not something I'm personally into.

As long as they don't build a Nintendo Land I'm good. I can resist HP land and a Nintendo ride or two, might try it once in the next 10 years to say I did. If they build a Nintendo Land my kids will DEMAND we take 3 or 4 days off to stay at US each WDW trip. And quite frankly if it's themed as well as they themed HP, I'd want to be there a few days myself.

Luckily it'll only be a ride or two for sure. At least that's what I'm telling myself in my head.

I think this is coming to Orlando? Or there are rumors anyway. Seems to fit in with their emphasis on teens and tweens especially boys.

I've read other articles that they'll be adding this to universal Orlando too.
As a woman in my late 30's, I think this is awesome!! This got me excited like back in the 80's when my brother and I got our first Nintendo that also came with the duck hunt gun and power pad.. Lol!
I also just saw the video talking about the plans for the new King Kong. Sounds really good!
Yknow, good for them!

The only thing coming to Universal that holds any interest for me is Reign of Kong. This Nintendo thing gets a big yawn from me. But I'm sure those with kids into Pokemon will be all over this. IF... it comes to Orlando, which at this point seems doubtful, at least not for awhile.

I'm stoked! HP alone isn't enough to get me to fork over the cash for a two park ticket and take time from my Disney trips, but Mario, Kirby, and of course Zelda characters? This could work. However it's very likely these will be tested over seas before we see them here. In Japan they just opened the Monster Hunter stuff and while I doubt we'll see something like that over here I could see them bringing Nintendo to the USA parks if they're well liked in Japan or Singapore for that matter.

it's smart. I have no interest in Nintendo characters whatsoever but this will be HUGE with kids. Especially boys. And there is so much complaining that WDW has nothing for boys.

The reason I have yet to go to Universal is none of their IPs interest me and Nintendo falls right into that category. I realize as a 40-something woman I'm not their target audience. I am going there this fall but only because my husband wants to try it not because I'm really dying to go. Teenage boys and people who like what teenage boys like seems to be their target audience with the exception of HP, which has a broader appeal, but still not something I'm personally into.

As a fellow 40-year-old woman, I think it's safe to say we are not the demographic Universal is going for. Not that 40 yo women can't enjoy UOR, but they are definitely going for the tween/teen/young adult market. "People who like what teenage boys like" also includes a lot of moms and dads :)

Considering that the number of women who play video games is almost equal (or maybe it is equal by now) to men, this is great news for more than just teenage boys. I'm super excited and I want something to be zelda.
Every child who grew up in the 80s/90s/00s, boys AND girls, grew up with Nintendo. The "teenage boys" thing is just (for lack of a better term) generational ignorance.

Every child who grew up in the 80s/90s/00s, boys AND girls, grew up with Nintendo. The "teenage boys" thing is just (for lack of a better term) generational ignorance.

Agreed! I am super excited about this and my 13 year old, Mario Kart loving DD is as well. DS is hoping for something Zelda, but also loves Mario. DH is just excited in general.

True dat hahaha. All of my friends (men and women) are super into nintendo. And none of us are even moms and dads cause none of us can afford kids. People who say nintendo and video games are just for teenage boys don't understand our generation.

This is very, very smart IMO. Personally I don't care what IP they use - I'm just excited by anything they do nowadays.

Huge Nintendo fan here! This partnership will be the sole reason for our family hitting up universal. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter