• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nintendo DS Sale at TRU

EthansMom

<font color=red>spare yourself from asking me to d
Since there have been a few posts about Nintendo DS's lately, I thought I'd mention that TRU has a bundle sale (buy one DS, one accessory, one game & save 25%) going on right now. It's in their sale circular.

Since there have been a few posts about Nintendo DS's lately, I thought I'd mention that TRU has a bundle sale (buy one DS, one accessory, one game & save 25%) going on right now. It's in their sale circular.

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking for a nintendo ds for my daughter's birthday next month since this spring!

I am going by the store tomorrow. I wanted to get it at Toys R Us anyway since they have the warranty you can get with it. I figure it's money well spent for a 6 year old :)

THANKS!!!

bumping for the morning crowd :)

For accessories, I love the mini folio, which hold the DS and a few games, but fits in my large purse. Also, extra styluses are always a good idea since they get lost.

I just bought 2 yesterday... Very good deal...I think we saved about 70.00 after the 25% discount... :thumbsup2

OMG I just bought one on Saturday at Walmart, I will be returning to walmart and going up to TRU

Thanks so much!!!!!!!:worship:

I'm assuming that the sale will continue tomorrow?

We promised DS a DS (LOL!) for his birthday but haven't been able to pick one up yet...this would be awesome!!!

Can you get this deal online too?

Yes, although when I put all of the stuff in the online cart it only showed 25% off the DS (and not the game or accessory). The way I read both the online statements and paper circular, both of which state "25% off" but not whether it's off the whole purchase or just the DS, I would think you should get 25% off the whole purchase.

Still, even 25% off just the DS with the purchase of one of the lesser expensive games and lesser expensive accessories is a really good deal. The DS rings up at $97.45 online. If you get a $20 game and an accessory that's $10 or less (say, a mini folio or styluses), that's a fab price on the DS.

I believe the price is good through 9/13, depending upon availability.

Another good way to get a decent price on a DS is to go to Game Stop and trade in an old GBA. Our local Game Stop charges $89.99 for a DS Lite with a trade-in of your old GBA. If they're still running that deal when DD4 is done with DS's old GBA, that's the way I'll go.

Another good way to get a decent price on a DS is to go to Game Stop and trade in an old GBA. Our local Game Stop charges $89.99 for a DS Lite with a trade-in of your old GBA. If they're still running that deal when DD4 is done with DS's old GBA, that's the way I'll go.

Is $89.99 the price for a new DS lite or a used one? My DD has a GBA but wants to upgrade to DS for her bday. I just don't want a used DS. :goodvibes

I am going to get the TRU deal tommorrow for my other DD for xmas! One present off the list! :thumbsup2

Is $89.99 the price for a new DS lite or a used one? My DD has a GBA but wants to upgrade to DS for her bday. I just don't want a used DS. :goodvibes

I am going to get the TRU deal tommorrow for my other DD for xmas! One present off the list! :thumbsup2

I am pretty sure it is for a new one. My boys are getting them for Christmas and this deal is going to help my budget! For the record, I bought DD a used DS from Gamestop several years ago and it was in great condition. They also offer a warranty (included) on their used items. Or at least they did at the time.

I am looking at my sales receipt right now and I received 25% off the total purchase.. I saved 97.48 on 2 DS's, starter kits and 2 games (34.99 each)... I am very happy..:banana:

When I called to enquire about them on Wednesday, I was told they didn't have any new one (which go for $129.99) but I could get a used one for $109. I don't know if it is just my local store if it is all of them....

For the price difference - I decided to get a new one. Then TRU came out with their add...I bought it at TRU.

It's $89.99 for the new DS Lite.... a pretty good price considering the trade in value for a used GBA is only about $16 otherwise.

Has anyone been able to get the 25% off everything online? It is just taking the 25% off the DS when I add the 3 items to my cart. I'd rather buy it online, but if the 25% comes off all 3 items in the store, I'll try to get to the store this week (closest store is 40 min. away).

Thanks.

I couldn't get the 25% off everything either. I may drive down to TRU it's so far now that our local one went out of business. It is supposed to be off all three items?

I am looking at my sales receipt right now and I received 25% off the total purchase.. I saved 97.48 on 2 DS's, starter kits and 2 games (34.99 each)... I am very happy..:banana:

It's all my kids are asking for for Christmas.. nice to save $100. I can't tell you how badly I want to open it and play with it. Do you think they'll notice? :)

Yes, it is supposed to be off all the items, at least that is what they told me in the store, and how it rang up. Online it only takes it off the DS, and the s/h is rather high. I'm thinking it was $12? Maybe if you call you can work out the deal?

Has anyone been able to get the 25% off everything online? It is just taking the 25% off the DS when I add the 3 items to my cart. I'd rather buy it online, but if the 25% comes off all 3 items in the store, I'll try to get to the store this week (closest store is 40 min. away).

Thanks.

I even called 1-800-TOYSRUS and talked with a tru online CS rep last night and they argued the point with me. I'd go to the store.

Just back from TRU tonight and got this deal as well.
There was also an added discount in our circular offering grandparents an additional 20% off. (last week it was a teacher discount!!)
They allowed us to use the additional 20% off on the game, the second most expensive of the 3 b/c it was not allowed on the actual DS.
Take along those grandparents...pick up the coupon at customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter