Nintendo DS Lite deals?

Bibbidi

DIS Veteran
Any current offers anywhere that can help shave a few dollars off the price of a ds lite? I know there typically aren't many, just hoping to save at least a little $$.

They were on sale at Target a few weeks ago. I *think* the price was $115 (?) each. Keep watching the Target ads to see if they'll go on sale again.

Best Buy currently has a DS deal. Buy the DS at regular price $120 I believe & get a game free, I think the games were two different brain age games or big brain academy.

We purchased my DD's in Target as well. We purchased it for $115. My dd put in some of her birthday money along with a $25 gift card and we put in the rest. We enjoy OUR DS. ;)

Good luck in your search.

Best Buy currently has a DS deal. Buy the DS at regular price $120 I believe & get a game free, I think the games were two different brain age games or big brain academy.

I'm also in the market. Looks like regular price of $129, but you do get the aforementioned choice of brain games, free. Looks like they also have a selection of DS games for about thirty, where you get a ten dollar gift card to go with it.

If you don't need it right away. Kmart has layaway, that's what we did for X-mas with buying one for each kid. With a game and carrying case each, true it was around $325 all said and done.
I think its a 8 week term w/bi-weekly payments. But that maybe a option.

One of the other things you can try is if you have any other video games or movies to trade. FYE stores will buy DVD's off of you, and Gamestop's will buy games. Of course, neither give a great amount - you might be more successful selling on EBay. But, some do find EBay to be a hassle. One of the only ways to keep me lady from freaking out when I buy new video games to trade the old ones in. The games are cheaper, and there is less clutter. :)

Check your TRU flyer (can do online). Ours listed a bundle of ds lite game unit, starter kit and choice of games (Bunny Petz or Tiger Petz) for $149.99. Also check your CC flyer (online)...they are offering DS Lite at reg price w/free case, and 4 games are on sale for $9.99, pluse some stylus' and cases for $4.99. HTH

We bought two at Christmas for our daughters, and my mom and I were hooked after the kids went to bed. ;) Now my mom's going to have foot surgery, and she'll be out of commission for a couple of weeks at least, so I'm in the market for another one. Thanks to all for the tips! I lost out on the one I bid on for eBay.

Any current offers anywhere that can help shave a few dollars off the price of a ds lite? I know there typically aren't many, just hoping to save at least a little $$.

If you have used game stores in your area, Vintage Stock or GameStop, check them out. I was in yesterday and bought a Gameboy for my kids (Iknow, mom's way behind the times) but they had a used DS for $99 I think, and they have a 30day guarantee on it if it's defective. They have loads of games there cheap too! Check it out! I was really happy with them.:goodvibes

Thanks everyone. I ended up just getting it through amazon because even with the free game through Circuit City (or was it Best Buy), with shipping and tax on those sites it would have cost me $15 essentially for the "free game". It seems like most stores, even online are sold out and my daughter wants the "Coral Pink" one. Figured it wasn't worth trying to save $10 to $15 and end up not being able to get one. I will look at GameStop and other stores like that for used games.

Would I be a terrible mom if I buy one for my 3 year old?(he is the youngest of 4 children and plays with his brothers currently and that leads to it's mine fights- he plays a diego game and a spiderman game:rolleyes1 I know I know...) But anyway I was thinking with our upcoming trip it might be nice for him to get his own. Sounds silly though to get one for a such a young child.

Would I be a terrible mom if I buy one for my 3 year old?(he is the youngest of 4 children and plays with his brothers currently and that leads to it's mine fights- he plays a diego game and a spiderman game:rolleyes1 I know I know...) But anyway I was thinking with our upcoming trip it might be nice for him to get his own. Sounds silly though to get one for a such a young child.

My 3yr old is #5 and he loves trying to do the things his big brothers and sister do (no matter how much it drives them nuts! ;) ). If you want to get one for him get it. I'm sure there's someone in DIS-land that is shaking their head at the idea, but it's no different, IMO,than letting your kid go on the computer for a bit or letting them play electronic games geared for toddlers. As long as he's not on it all day and what 3 yr old has that kind of attention span??? It's like those parents that come across as being better because they don't let their kids watch TV...only DVD's. What's the difference??:confused3

Son #2 is getting one in a week for his 3rd b-day. I'm sick of the fighting over big brother's. So I'll be a founder in the bad mother club with you!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter