• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nine Dragons closed all year in 2008?

abacobaby

Mouseketeer
I just can't believe what I just read...Nine Dragons will be closed from January 2008 until December 2008??? Wow!!! This was by far the restaurant I was looking forward to the most for our trip next year. Not anymore, I guess:sad2:

Similar to Japan being closed for almost a year and isnt Italy projected to be down for about a year?

Some of these restaurants are in real need of refurbishment.....(especially Japan) It will wonderful when they re-open and are all new and clean!! Hopefully they will be better than ever!

:)

I just can't believe what I just read...Nine Dragons will be closed from January 2008 until December 2008??? Wow!!! This was by far the restaurant I was looking forward to the most for our trip next year. Not anymore, I guess:sad2:

I have ADRs for there on Jan. 14 at 1 p.m. :confused3 Did you read this on an official Disney site??

They could keep it closed as far as we are concerned. We get better Chinese at our local places. Not a fan of Nine Dragons.

Try not to let it bum you out too much ...Nine Dragons is famous for 1 thing: overpriced, average Chinese food that you could get much cheaper in your local take-out place. You can definitely find a more interesting meal to look forward to while planning your trip...the menu at the new Italian place, for instance, sounds terrific, although that's being debated on another thread!

:sunny:

THey are going to make several distinct "cooking areas" inside the Nine Dragons so that chefs can interact with the customers. That's why it's going to be closeed for a year.

Try not to let it bum you out too much ...Nine Dragons is famous for 1 thing: overpriced, average Chinese food that you could get much cheaper in your local take-out place. You can definitely find a more interesting meal to look forward to while planning your trip...the menu at the new Italian place, for instance, sounds terrific, although that's being debated on another thread!

THANKS :) I'm not upset. I'll find somewhere equally delicious to eat I'm sure.

On Allears.net it states that it'll be closed from January until the end of June. This site was update on the 16th of September. I hope it is open because DH loves chinese food, and we were going to enjoy the lunch for 2 in August. :)

I'm personally upset to hear that it will be closed. We found the food there to be excellent (our best meal at DW by far) and as far as overpriced food goes, this is not the only restaurant at DW that we consider overpriced.

I tried to make an ADR for there yesterday for our upcoming trip in March and was told I couldn't. Made it for LeCellar instead. Never been to Nine Dragons and was trying to try something new. Have been to LeCellar and enjoyed it so no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter