• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nikon D7000

I shoot @ ISO 1600 all the time with my D300 and get very good results, especially in RAW (thanks, Jeff). I would expect the D7000 to do at least as well, if not a bit better, in the high ISO department.

I would fully expect it to do better. The D300 and D90 have, essentially, the same ISO performance. One of the main reasons I sold my D90 and am buying the D7000 is for better high ISO performance. Not the only reason, but a big one.

That is good to hear that it should be a good camera... I just got to find a way to come up with $1100.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Be sure to check out the D3100 which was just released. It's looking veeeeery interesting. So long as you don't need a focus motor that is.

I saw that one too... and I was interested until I saw the 7000... I figure, if I am going to upgrade, I might as well make it a big one... I like the size of the D7000 better, and I like having the LCD on the top...

Since my next Disney trip is a week away, I decided not to wait for Amazon and went down to Best Buy and picked up a Nikon D7000.

:cool1:

http://i235.*************************************D7000/DVCMike_2010_10_15_111330.jpg

If I weren't so averse to paying sales tax, I'd probably head down to Best Buy right now. Enjoy it!

Sales tax, use tax...it's all the same. It's actually easier paying sales tax than doing the extra paper work to pay the use tax.

I feel like there should be a ;) emoticon after your post, but it seems like you might be that much of a straight shooter.

Taxes aside, I would also lose ~$150 by having to resell the kit lens and 5% in cashback I'd otherwise get from Big Crumbs.

I always like to play the "use tax" thing straight, but no, I don't pay use taxes. I don't know how and I don't know any individuals that do. I just find it curious that it is a law that is so openly and commonly ignored. Not to start a political discussion, but I've always been uncomfortable with laws that are almost universally ignored because they are ripe for abuse by those that would enforce them selectively. I wonder when someone is going to get busted at a confirmation hearing because they "cheated on their taxes" by not paying use taxes.

I had preordered a D7000 body from Amazon when it was announced. I got an email from Amazon last night saying that they really didn't know when it would actually ship.

I had already sold my other camera so I didn't want to wait without knowing how long it might be. I picked up the D7000 kit from BB today and I will sell the 18-105mm lens. I'm glad I did it. :thumbsup2

WDWFigment - I was looking at about the same difference that you are but this coupon bridged the gap for me.

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1158603.html

Expires tomorrow (Sunday).

It's been well over 24 hours now. You would have thought that there would be some pictures posted.....popcorn::

I was able to get my hands on one yesterday at BB for 12% off!

I took it to work with me, today, and grabbed less shots than I wanted to, but will have some to show when I get home. Stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter