• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nikon AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G

Gdad

I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing
IN STOCK!!! $199 at Wal-Mart of all places!

EDIT- Out of stock again. :headache:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10930621

0001820802183_215X215.jpg

I love B&H but am tired of waiting! Mine is on the way. ;)

Thanks for the information.

Just out of curiosity, what made you pick this up when you have the Sigma 30 1.4 in your family?

I sold the Sigma 30/1.4 last year when I went to FX. But to be honest- a few days ago I also ordered the Sigma 50/1.4 from B&H for myself because I liked the 30mm so much.

I bought the Nikon mainly for my daughters kit (that I borrow sometimes ;) ) D40- 18-200VR- and now the 35/1.8.

Thanks for the tip. I am a newbie to the whole DSLR game and am trying to learn all I can about adding a few new lenses. This one is now out of stock now though....

One question though not sure if this lens has a VR counterpart or not, but would that make a difference with the fact that this one is a 1.8?

Thanks for the tip. I am a newbie to the whole DSLR game and am trying to learn all I can about adding a few new lenses. This one is now out of stock now though....

One question though not sure if this lens has a VR counterpart or not, but would that make a difference with the fact that this one is a 1.8?

I am sure vr would be nice to have but would also add weight and cost to the lens. I think the goal with this product was to establish an effective fast 'normal' lens that would be cost effective, operate on all DX platform camera bodies, and be in the spirit of what the traditional fast-fifty lenses were for film cameras.

Mine came today by the way.

Seems very nice- auto focus is really quick on the D40.

Can you tell which was shot with the D40 & 35/1.8 and which was shot with the D700 & 50/1.4?

3676494613_3ebabc2410_b.jpg

3676494749_171a788cd6_b.jpg

1st one - D40

2nd one - D700

Thats my guess.

Now what do I win??????????

Hehehe... ;)

Okay I acknowledge you can see a difference of course but I think it looks pretty good all things considered. Definitely a fun little package.

D40 and D700-----I only know because I looked it up on your Flickr though :goodvibes

So is the new 35 yours, or your DD's? Something tells me that she may have to fight you for it every once in a while ;)

D40 and D700-----I only know because I looked it up on your Flickr though :goodvibes

No fair- you 'quoted' the question so I can't go back and change the answer like I did with Dave. :rolleyes1

So is the new 35 yours, or your DD's? Something tells me that she may have to fight you for it every once in a while ;)

Well if you want to get *technical* it would be her lens but she still may have to fight for it. (Good luck- I'm 6' 3" and she is- well- she's still pretty short.) ;)

The 35mm is a nice lens. ;) I "lost" mine for a while after my trip - couldn't find it anywhere. Finally found it in the glove box. :rolleyes1 I was really bummed - I love that little lens! :)

I am sure vr would be nice to have but would also add weight and cost to the lens. I think the goal with this product was to establish an effective fast 'normal' lens that would be cost effective, operate on all DX platform camera bodies, and be in the spirit of what the traditional fast-fifty lenses were for film cameras.

Thanks for the reply Gdad. I am still learning all the different lens lingo. At least I had the right idea on this one. I will watch for this lens now to see if it becomes in stock again.

Hey Jeff, looks like you had a fun day at work.

Does this mean you now have no use for your D700? If not. I could take it off your hands for you. I'll even pay for the shipping and handling to send up here.... Let me know. :thumbsup2

Great shots btw....

I really want this lens. I ordered from Amazon in early June and am just waiting for it to come in. I've seen it on ebay and from other sellers but I just don't want to pay the premium they want. It actually tics me off that some "respectable" retailers are asking $350, $400 or more for this $200 lens. I won't be buying this lens or anything else from them.

Does this mean you now have no use for your D700? If not. I could take it off your hands for you. I'll even pay for the shipping and handling to send up here.... Let me know. :thumbsup2

Gee Dave, If you had guessed right maybe...;)

I guessed right and you even have my address!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure you pack it well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter