Nikolas & MAW-We're back from Mickey Mouse's House! Pre & Post trip reports

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New years!! The pirate and princess party looked like so much fun for the kids! I'm so glad to hear that you're not going to leave us hangin' on the trip report :) I love reading them and I actually got a few days of mine done FINALLY--I talk too much, errr I mean type too much, lol. They closed the old thread? so I had to open up a new one so come by and visit me:surfweb: it's down at the bottom somewhere in that siggy mess:lmao: now I must go load the dishwasher or we'll not be eating tonight:laughing:

Saturday, Day 6 Magic Kingdom
This was our last day in the parks and I planned it as a special day for Nikolas. We took him on every ride and show he could get on and enjoy.

After another wonderful breakfast at the Gingerbread House we headed out to the Magic Kingdom. Mom & Dad went to so Mom could ride the Pirates of the Carribean and they went to the Hall of Presidents. While they were doing that we took more pictures with Daisy and Pluto and in front of the Castle from the Crystal Palace.

Image0232.jpg

Image0254.jpg

Then we headed to the Pirates for Nikolas. Captain Jack was doing a live show while we were getting ready for the ride. We used the mei tai and Nikolas was able to sit on my lap and really enjoy the ride. Next we rode the Magic Carpets which was a lot of fun. When we got off we started looking for mom & dad but didn’t see them. We did see Jasmine & Aladin so we got some pictures and headed off to find my parents. We took them back to the villa and the kids took a short nap.

Image0271.jpg

We went back late the afternoon, just me, Mikayla and Nikolas. It was a wonderful afternoon! We decided to take the ferry over this time. This visit will be all about the rides! We took Nikolas on everything we even thought he might enjoy. We rode Pooh, Snow White twice, the Tea Cups, the Haunted Mansion, the Hall of Presidents (so I could feed him plus it is educational), Mickey’s Philhamagic, and Pirates again. We watched the fireworks and ran out of time to ride Pooh again.

We took our time and strolled out of the park, stopping for several pictures in front of the castle and in the front of the park at the new Christmas scene.

I love the Castle all lit up at night!

Image0275.jpg

Image0279.jpg

Image0281.jpg

We finally left at 10:30. It was definitely bittersweet. We were getting tired but soooo not ready for the trip to be over-after all we are leaving tomorrow. :sad2:

Suzanne..the kids look like they are having such an awesome time..I think Nikolas is smiling in every picture!! So cool that you all had the chance to hang out with Dekyi and his family too. Can't wait to read more....
They had a wonderful time! It was really nice to have another family there that was from here. It made the evenings so much more fun. :goodvibes

Love your Pirates and Princesses update! Great pictures! Any word yet on the discs?
Thanks, no we haven't heard about the discs yet. I'm still hoping but it's not looking very good. :sad2:

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New years!! The pirate and princess party looked like so much fun for the kids! I'm so glad to hear that you're not going to leave us hangin' on the trip report :) I love reading them and I actually got a few days of mine done FINALLY--I talk too much, errr I mean type too much, lol. They closed the old thread? so I had to open up a new one so come by and visit me:surfweb: it's down at the bottom somewhere in that siggy mess:lmao: now I must go load the dishwasher or we'll not be eating tonight:laughing:
It does get hard to get these up doesn't it...boy life just keeps getting in the way of reliving these wonderful Disney days...:rotfl:
My DH loaded the dishwasher today :-)woohoo: :woohoo: ) so all I need to do is cook tonight. :cool1:
I can't believe they shut down the old thread...well, I'll just have to go to the new one. :laughing:

'Night all...time to get the kiddies into bed (even though they probably won't have school tomorrow-TONS of snow due from early morning on...Gracie is prayin' hard!-me not so much.)

Love the last day update! I'm so sorry that it's over! I'll keep praying for good news on your discs. Please keep us updated!

Great pictures....:thumbsup2...I LOVE the one of you three standing in front of the castle...perfect...:wizard:

Today we ate our final breakfast in the Gingerbread House and packed up our things. We decided to do some shopping at Downtown Disney since our flight home didn’t leave until 8:15pm.

We all went to the kitchen shop first so I could get a few things. I’d really been looking for this Mickey Mouse apron and they were my last shot at getting it. I ended up with the display apron, some kitchen towels and a really cute set of measuring cups. They have a really nice complete kitchen set I want but I have to buy it there-I could only afford the towels this time. :headache: (Next time I'm planning on getting an entire kitchen layout!)

We split up and I took the kids to Pin Traders to get Boo his first lanyard and some pins. I’d already gotten him 2 pins when we came last time. We weren’t sure exactly what pins we wanted this time so we wandered and looked for quite a while. We ended up with 2 new pins each, a lanyard for Nikolas & me, and 2 of the surprise specialty pins for the 10 years of pin trading.

After the pins we went to the Christmas shop and I bought a wonderful Disney frame for the excellent picture of the kids with Santa.

After a bit more wandering we loaded up and headed to the airport to turn in the van and wait for our plane. We got there about 3 hours early so there was a lot of time to kill. We grabbed some Burger King and went to our gate to wait. Mikayla and I went to the airport bookstore so she could get a book to read and way too soon it was time to board the plane.

We had such a magical time! I was definitely NOT ready to head home. :sad1:

As a matter of fact, Mikayla and I are already planning our next trip. :woohoo: We’ve decided to make it in either November or early December (hoping for 2010 but it's looking more like 2011) so we can do some of the Christmas stuff. :upsidedow

Great pictures! Usually it's the girls who look adorable (and they did) but those little pirates took my breath away! That suit and that mustache! Oh my!

I enjoyed your TR so much, Suzanne! I'm glad you guys had such a great time and jealous you're planning the next trip! We're also planning to do DTD our last day at this point, but we'll see how that pans out. Our flight leaves at 5:15, which I think would give us plenty of time there! Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us. :hug:

I have enjoyed your TR so much!!!!

I love that you guys went back as just the three of you and got to spend some time hanging around and riding some more rides! I love the MK at night. :)

I've had so much fun getting to know all of you thru your Pretrip and your trip report--thank you so much for sharing all of it!

YAY for you on planning your next trip!!!!!! It's hard not to think about the next time isn't it, lol. Christmas was awesome there and I know you'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter