• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nike Women's Half Marathon DC April 28 2013

mamacate

December 2015!
I'm starting a new thread for this race so we crazy people who are doing the Princess AND Nike DC don't clutter up the Princess thread, and so we can chat with other DIS-ers who are running this race. Post your username and I'll add you to the list.

Running DC:

2gr8DisneyKids
bskelly07
bunnyfoo
chimera
es45
Escape
indygirl99 (+Nicole)
irishwishes
mamacate (+mom)
rosermama
sissyib
Tiger Lily 03

I'm starting a new thread for this race so we crazy people who are doing the Princess AND Nike DC don't clutter up the Princess thread, and so we can chat with other DIS-ers who are running this race. Post your username and I'll add you to the list.

Running DC:

bskelly07
indygirl99
mamacate (+mom)
rosermama

I still am in shock I got in. :cheer2: DH is still dancing around the house, he has wanted to go to DC for a really long time and now is his chance. pirate:

I was waiting on entering Princess on a charity entry until we found out about DC. So I will not run the Princess and instead do the Heartbreaker half in february as it is local and we will have the money for DC.

But I am still doing Tinkerbell in january.

Now to work a little harder on time. I'm right at the 15 min/mile but want to have a cushion.

I checked my CC and it is a pending transaction so it should go through tomorrow.

When I saw the original post in the PHM thread I was driving home and called my husband I wanted to jump up and down and scream I was so excited.

This will be the pinnacle race to celebrate my year of getting healthy. I hope to be at my lowest weight at this point and then from the race I am hoping that I only have to wait 3 more months before I can start trying to have a baby. Because of my PCOS I may have trouble getting pregnant but the DR wants me to get to a healthy weight and then monitor my hormones. What better way to celebrate reaching this point in my life than with a great race.

I am so happy!!!

My husband is normally my pacer and runs a 12 min mile with me, is there anyone who runs in this category who might be interested in trying to stick together???

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards

indygirl99 said:
I still am in shock I got in. :cheer2: DH is still dancing around the house, he has wanted to go to DC for a really long time and now is his chance. pirate:

I was waiting on entering Princess on a charity entry until we found out about DC. So I will not run the Princess and instead do the Heartbreaker half in february as it is local and we will have the money for DC.

But I am still doing Tinkerbell in january.

Now to work a little harder on time. I'm right at the 15 min/mile but want to have a cushion.

You can always run the Wine and Dine in the fall for your Coast 2 Coast race. I hear that is pretty cool since you run at night and it would give you time to save up for the race.

Where is everyone coming from???

I live in Alexandria, VA about 7 miles south of DC.

rosermama said:
I checked my CC and it is a pending transaction so it should go through tomorrow.

When I saw the original post in the PHM thread I was driving home and called my husband I wanted to jump up and down and scream I was so excited.

This will be the pinnacle race to celebrate my year of getting healthy. I hope to be at my lowest weight at this point and then from the race I am hoping that I only have to wait 3 more months before I can start trying to have a baby. Because of my PCOS I may have trouble getting pregnant but the DR wants me to get to a healthy weight and then monitor my hormones. What better way to celebrate reaching this point in my life than with a great race.

I am so happy!!!

My husband is normally my pacer and runs a 12 min mile with me, is there anyone who runs in this category who might be interested in trying to stick together???

I use the Jeff Galloway training program and use the 12 min/mi pace. I get nervous before races that aren't runDisney doing the Jeff Galloway run/walk but once I start I forget about everyone else. It will be different this time since bc my husband won't be with me and we do the run/walk together. Will anyone else be doing run/walk in this group for the race??

I'll be coming from Jersey and hopefully be able to stay with some friends. Oh and my husband will be with me to cheer me on :). I keep checking the fb page for more info on the race but nothing yet.

irishwishes said:
I use the Jeff Galloway training program and use the 12 min/mi pace. I get nervous before races that aren't runDisney doing the Jeff Galloway run/walk but once I start I forget about everyone else. It will be different this time since bc my husband won't be with me and we do the run/walk together. Will anyone else be doing run/walk in this group for the race??

I'll be coming from Jersey and hopefully be able to stay with some friends. Oh and my husband will be with me to cheer me on :). I keep checking the fb page for more info on the race but nothing yet.

I am in the same boat as you, I do the run walk method but I run like 8 mins walk 2 mins or less. Normally my husband is with me as well and he serves as my pacer and pusher he really cheers me on when I want to quite. I am super super nervous about running this race since he won't be with me.

I know on shorter races and anything less than 6 miles I can run at 11 min/miles right now. So I am thinking I will be at 12 min/miles for the longer races. I was hoping I could hook up with someone and race with them as a partner.

My husband is going to kill me! OMG I cant believe I got in! I don't know how to tell him I am doing this!! lol I didn't get an email but there is a pending charge on my credit card.

I am still trying to decide whether to stick with intervals or try to train for continuous running for the Princess and Nike. On the other side of the coin, I'm actually slower than you all--I ran 12:30 minute miles for my last HM. Hoping to speed up, but maybe not that much. Anyway, it might be fun if we all started out together, even if my mom and I can't keep up with the rest of you!

I booked a room at the Harrington Hotel, which seems to be RIGHT at the start line. It's cheap (for the location--$175 per night), though the reviews seem to indicate that you get what you pay for. It didn't look like the room block info was up--if it is and I missed it, let me know. I may switch if the room block is a great deal. I think it's at the Hyatt up the street a little.

Cate

You can always run the Wine and Dine in the fall for your Coast 2 Coast race. I hear that is pretty cool since you run at night and it would give you time to save up for the race.

Yeah Wine and Dine is already on my list for fall. :thumbsup2

We already have a trip to DLR in May and this race will just be tacked on the front. Because of the already planned trip to DLR I promised DH that I would only do one other destination race for the spring so it was either Princess or DC. Since Nike was a lottery we decided that if I got in I would do Princess next year.

I may be a little crazy :confused3 but I have a race every month this next year with 5 of them being half marathons and one being the Hood to Coast relay race.

Happy 50th to me. pixiedust:

I live in the Pacific Northwet and work in Portland. Nicole another girl on our team works in the same unit I do in the hospital. She is young and much faster than me.

I run Galloway and right now am doing 30:30 for Tinkerbell. After Tinkerbell I will have 14 weeks to work on training for the DC half and I am hoping to do 1:1 or maybe 2:1. With my asthma I'm not able yet to run for longer times. Although I am working on my lung capacity.

Indygirl you should be super proud of yourself to run all those races what a way to celebrate a new part of your life. Happy 50th

Ok I created a group on FB cause its just easier for me and maybe some of us others. We can communicate on both.

I can't figure out how to post the link for the specific group. Its called Princess to Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon

Please ask to join I set it up as a closed group. This way anyone on our team even if they aren't on disboards can communicate

Ok I created a group on FB cause its just easier for me and maybe some of us others. We can communicate on both.

I can't figure out how to post the link for the specific group. Its called Princess to Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon

Please ask to join I set it up as a closed group. This way anyone on our team even if they aren't on disboards can communicate

I cant find it? :confused3

Indygirl its you plus one???

I guess that would be a yes. The Nicole that is listed with our group is a co-worker.

I tried to get several others that I work with that also run to sign up and I got all kinds of excuses. Most dealing with "I never get picked in those lottery's".

Boy are they kicking themselves now.

I am so not a facebook/twitter person. I have an old account and will try to figure it out but if you don't see me there often don't worry I'm still around.

I did figure out how to sign up for the facebook group and got my acceptance so there is some hope. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter