Nike....laying off workers

I’m a big fan of Nike shoes. I wear them all the time they’re very comfortable and I like their color choices. I also have tons of their clothing. They really great with plus sizes.
It’s one of my go to brands to be honest

I can see that right now, Hoka and ON I really popular right now. Me personally, I find Hoka hideous. And ON I simply can’t get on my feet they are so uncomfortable, and even if they were, I would never get them simply with the fact that where I live there’s so much gravel and their profile I don’t understand. People in those shoes must be scraping nasty stuff out of them all the time.

And they support your feet well in the parks? May have to try that model. Have the newest Clifton's as well, but I don't like them as much for long park days as I do the Bondi's.
I don't wear any other type of shoes at the parks because they don't support my feet as well. I used to be a Vans fan but they weren't as supportive. The Arahi 5 is discontinued but I bet the most recent version is just as good.

I’m a big fan of Nike shoes. I wear them all the time they’re very comfortable and I like their color choices. I also have tons of their clothing. They really great with plus sizes.

I can see that right now, Hoka and ON I really popular right now. Me personally, I find Hoka hideous. And ON I simply can’t get on my feet they are so uncomfortable, and even if they were, I would never get them simply with the fact that where I live there’s so much gravel and their profile I don’t understand. People in those shoes must be scraping nasty stuff out of them all the time.
Funny how we are all are different and have different opinions. I refuse to wear or buy anything Nike, for many years and for many reasons, comfort and wear being a few of them. I love my Hoka's and my ON Cloud Monsters, I love the huge platform/sole - I'm small so they give me height! I've never had any problems with rocks or nasty stuff in the soles of my sneakers. Happy there is something out there for everybody!

I wear ON clouds most every day. Never had an issue with nasty stuff in the soles. My husband did get an acorn stuck in his shoe one time, but it popped right back out!

Well in what way would "wokeness" apply? Sounds like more of the same old misery for thee and moolah for me business as usual.
I was just looking for other ppls thoughts is all. If I wanted a debate I would have launched this on the Controversial Topic page.

Yeah those Hokas are darn ugly. They are like the Crocs of sneakers. When I spend $150 ish I at least wanna look good. LOL!

I wear ON clouds most every day. Never had an issue with nasty stuff in the soles. My husband did get an acorn stuck in his shoe one time, but it popped right back out!
Let me guess you live in a city or suburbs and wear mainly indoors? I had a friend who got them and she had to get rid of them. She wore them outside walking her dog on trails and it was so nasty. That’s one of the main bad reviews, it’s basically a shoe for suburban folks and people to wear to work that are on their feet all day. I really like how some of the shoes look but the two I’ve tried on I don’t know if it’s the sizing or what but I literally had a problem getting my foot sizing and my feet aren’t that big or wide maybe they’re meant for narrow feet? I was expecting a cloud feeling since everyone raves about them, but I was kind of disappointed because I really wanted a pair because they actually look nice.

Have to say here in Germany, 90% of the teen girls are all wearing Air Force ones.

Last edited:
Nikes are still popular here with the preteens. My kids hate their cleats, they swear by adidas, oldest got shin splints while wearing them that cleared up as soon as he switched. (And we spend A LOT of money on soccer cleats…)

As for me, I went to a running store where they measured and analyzed my gait. I switched to Brooks and will never go back if I’m doing any mileage.

I think this is a big part of it. There are more shoe brands more accessible that make a better product than Nike. I have a pair of Hokas and a pair of Nike running shoes, I know I'm going with the Hokas if I'm doing any distance. I don't think decisions like Kaepernick and Rapinoe helped them all that much, but I feel that's secondary to the fact it's an inferior product in many cases.
When my kids ran cross country, their coaches pretty much forbid Nike because they were horrible shoes support wise. My husband stopped wearing late 90s/ early 2000s because they kept falling apart. I stopped buying any of their products period because they have a huge legal budget to drag out cases of smaller companies suing them for patent infringement.

Nikes are still popular here with the preteens. My kids hate their cleats, they swear by adidas, oldest got shin splints while wearing them that cleared up as soon as he switched. (And we spend A LOT of money on soccer cleats…)

As for me, I went to a running store where they measured and analyzed my gait. I switched to Brooks and will never go back if I’m doing any mileage.
I've been a Brooks person most of my life. Expensive, but oh so good.

I was always a Hoka Gal, until I found Brooks. I now only wear Brooks.
If only Brooks hadn't butchered the Dyad. It was one of the few shoes that fit my wide, wonky feet, but they ruined it a few models back. I switched to Hoka for a while, until they butchered the Bondi, and now I'm in New Balance again (which was previously good, then butchered, then improved again). Seems like every couple of years a manufacturer will "fix" a model by removing all the things that made it great, and then I'm on the hunt again! I'd love to try On, but they don't come in wide widths and I need that.

I've been a Brooks person most of my life. Expensive, but oh so good.

Brooks almost went out of business around 2000. I remember back in the late 80s they were kind of thought of as a bargain brand that had overextended to way more than just running shoes.

As for other brands, the most important thing for almost anyone is proper fit and individual design. A brand can easily have dozens of different designs and even where each individual model is different. I'm personally brand agnostic.

The best pair of athletic shoes I've ever had were a pair of Nike cross-trainers from the early 90s. They weren't terribly expensive and most importantly for me I could get them in a wide size. They were also lightweight and the care instructions said they could be machine washed, which I did several times. I also remember they had a design refresh, but the fit was exactly the same. Trying to remember what they were. OK - the NIke Air Trainer TW Lite. I found a photo of the TW Lite II (which I had) from a sneaker collector. I think the bottom even had a composite/carbon fiber arch, although I might have it confused with another shoe I had.

7119054743_7b53a5714b_b.jpg

If only Brooks hadn't butchered the Dyad. It was one of the few shoes that fit my wide, wonky feet, but they ruined it a few models back. I switched to Hoka for a while, until they butchered the Bondi, and now I'm in New Balance again (which was previously good, then butchered, then improved again). Seems like every couple of years a manufacturer will "fix" a model by removing all the things that made it great, and then I'm on the hunt again! I'd love to try On, but they don't come in wide widths and I need that.
Some On Clouds come in Wides. I've got a friend that wears an 11 4E and he was able to find a pair that fit him.

Let me guess you live in a city or suburbs and wear mainly indoors? I had a friend who got them and she had to get rid of them. She wore them outside walking her dog on trails and it was so nasty. That’s one of the main bad reviews, it’s basically a shoe for suburban folks and people to wear to work that are on their feet all day. I really like how some of the shoes look but the two I’ve tried on I don’t know if it’s the sizing or what but I literally had a problem getting my foot sizing and my feet aren’t that big or wide maybe they’re meant for narrow feet? I was expecting a cloud feeling since everyone raves about them, but I was kind of disappointed because I really wanted a pair because they actually look nice.

Have to say here in Germany, 90% of the teen girls are all wearing Air Force ones.
I live in the suburbs of atlanta and wear them for outdoor walking every day. I walk between 3 and 6 miles a day, every day. Outside. No issues what so ever wearing my On Cloud Monsters. Just bought 2 more pairs earlier today.

I live in the suburbs of atlanta and wear them for outdoor walking every day. I walk between 3 and 6 miles a day, every day. Outside. No issues what so ever wearing my On Cloud Monsters. Just bought 2 more pairs earlier today.
Just saw today that Cloud Monster 2's are out! I'll be curious to see how they are different/improved!

Just saw today that Cloud Monster 2's are out! I'll be curious to see how they are different/improved!
My store just had the same ones I have been wearing. Hope they don’t mess them up when they update them!

Growing up in Eugene Oregon (Birthplace of Nike) and the fact that Bill Bowerman (Co-founder along with Phil Knight) funded my Masters I had a lot of loyalty and respect for the company. But for many years I've had major problems with Nike's decisions, the real kicker was what I saw Shaq do with regards to his affordable shoes from Walmart - Nike IMHO has a huge image problem that they created.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter