Nighttime shows in May?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
Looking at the park hours from last May it looks like WOC was shown every night and the DL fireworks were show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Should this May follow the same pattern? We are trying to find a few dates to go when we can see all the nighttime shows and avoid grad nights.

Fireworks run weekends usually, once Summer Season kicks in they switch to a nightly schedule. At least this is the pattern of the last few years. Summer season kicks off around Memorial, since you've found last May's schedule you can see when it started last year. It may not be a perfect reference but it's your best bet. Also, once summer season kicked in WOC ran 2 showings, except for grad nights when it only had 1. The later showing is less crowded.

Purely guessing here: I'd anticipate the firework crowds to be larger than last year since Fantasmic will be down so if good views are important keep that possibility in mind. And do see Paint The Night- it's great! (And the later showing is less crowded there as well.)

Thanks! I guess we will have to plan at least one weekend day just in case.

As mentioned previously, fireworks usually only run on weekends (Fri-Sun) during the non-peak season, but they've been presenting fireworks nightly since they debuted the 60th anniversary show last year. Normally, they don't present fireworks nightly in January or February, but they have been this year, so I would tentatively think think this schedule will persist through summer (i.e., the rest of the 60th Anniversary Celebration), but things can change. The summer season has started on Friday of Memorial Day weekend for the last few years (which is when they've had the 24-hour day).

My choices seem to be a Sunday/Monday visit or a Monday/Tuesday visit if I want to avoid Grad Nights. In mid May is there a large difference in crowds between these days of the week?

In general, Sundays tend to be busier than Mondays or Tuesdays. That being said, depending on when you're going in May, Mondays and Tuesdays may have less entertainment and markedly shorter operating hours than Sundays.

We are looking at May 15-17 timeframe. I think we will stick with Sunday/Monday to be safe. Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter