Nightmare Narrowly Averted!!! (Thanks Ken)

Cruz91

Always at Disney in my mind...
We just got back from our latest trip. We booked a little late - but didn't think much of it. I had several choices from VRBO.com for condos at WH and WP. So I picked one. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, just what we felt was the best value. I did my due diligence and checked the owner out as much as possible (checked auditor's website to make sure he owned it). Sent payment, got confirmation, all good to go. I show up to the condo and started unpacking. About 1/2 way through unpacking, another lady walked in saying she had rented the same one for the same week. We each had confirmation numbers, each had numbers for the door lock, and each were very confused / angry. Tried calling the condo owner AND management company for 20 minutes solid. They finally got back, and long story short - they screwed up and double-booked the condo. Their option, after we waited another 25 minutes, was to send us to another place about 15 minutes further away than WP! Not acceptable, as far as I'm concerned.

Now back when I was researching, I asked Ken for a quote for Bonnet Creek for the week we wanted to go. He said the week was booked. Then, the Wednesday before we left, he emailed and said the week had just freed up. See where this is going?! Yep - I called Ken immediately to see if by chance the Bonnet Creek condo was still open, and IT WAS!!!!!!!!!! So - we had the guys who screwed up our reservation go through paypal and pay Ken for the condo, and we ended up staying in the nicest place we've ever stayed on a vacation! I think we're Bonnet Creek converts. I never thought I'd pay another 30% - 50% more for accomodations (Bonnet creek is that much more than a windsor hills townhome), but after staying in a 2BR presidential - I'm pretty sure we'll do it again next time.

As for the original folks who screwed up, I'm not gonna name them. The main reason is that I think it was truly just an error, and I'm very confident they weren't trying to screw anyone. They ended up paying more for the Bonnet Creek room than we paid them for their place - so they did what they could to make it right. Don't get me wrong - I won't book with them again - but I think they're o.k. people and the place was very nice.

Anyway - Thanks so much to Ken for bending over backwards and helping us out when we were in a bind!!!

-The Cruz Family

Way to go Ken! He & his wife are very nice people.

I'm glad they were able to come through for you in such short notice. This had the potential of making for a horrible situation but I'm happy it worked out to your advantage. Besides, it's always wonderful to hear of yet another positive experience staying at Bonnet Creek :thumbsup2 .

Yay! Glad you got an "upgrade" to BC and enjoyed it so much. And kudos to the WH folks too for stepping up and doing the right thing! :thumbsup2 In a way, it's too bad you can't name them because a lot of DISers like myself may actually see that experience as a positive rather than a negative. Anybody can make a mistake, but it's how you try to fix it that matters. Sounds like these owners did all they could - even at an added expense! I'd rent from them in a skinny minute! :goodvibes

Glad it worked out for you. How wonderful that the email came in the nick of time!! We absolutely love WBC, and have booked with Ken 4 times. I have not stayed in a presidential unit yet, so I am jealous.

Which building were you in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter