Nightlife for the College guy

mojo-jojo

Earning My Ears
Im heading down to florida in about a week. Im 19 years old and enjoy the occasional clubs every now and then. But every club i see whether it be at pleasure island or citywalk, all the good clubs you have to be 21. So is there really anything to do out in universal/disney/orlando during the night. Im at the awkward age when im not a teenager, and im not quite considered an adult(by the clubs). I know the groove has teen night's but really i think i might be a little to old to be hanging out there.

Thanks guys for any suggestions

:cool2: pssst! Hey Buddy, wanna buy a fake ID?

I can't help you, Mojo, but I would give anything to have your problem!! ::yes::

You've got the movie theaters for one, plus there are plenty of smaller attractions (Sky Coaster, Old Town, Fun Spot, mini golf) that might interest you. Fun Spot is cool because it has some very fun go kart tracks.

Are you coming down with parents, or yourself?

You'll probably end up at the City Walk movie theater, and there's an arcade across from it. There's also a stage where bands play.
Walking I-drive is another idea, but that may wear your feet out.

I usually go back to my hotel room, cable surf, and get ready for an early start the next day.

yep im coming down with my family. But since the parks close around 7 or 8 i wanted to go off and do orlando by myself.

Also i have planned to go do the sky coaster at old town, and there new attraction but i dont know if i just justify spending $30 for a 5 second ride. And how can i forget im going to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King on Wed. of that week. I cant wait to wait.

I feel ya sweety. I am also heading down to FLA in about a week and I too am at that odd age of 19. I am going down w/ my family so I do have people to be with... my sister's b-day was the other day and she is 18. So I have some one my age w/ me... but it would be great to be able to go out after hours and have something to do rather than sit in my hotel and watch tv.

Its hard to go out to places like these b/c they say everyone over the age of 17 is an adult... but they don't provide any entertainment for those of us who aren't the age of 21...
Just b/c I cannot drink legally doesn't mean you won't make money off of me as a patron... but treating me like the child you say I am not will make me even more hesitant to come back in the future!!

If anybody has any suggestions what there is to do w/ out going of IOA property and I can meet other people that would be great.

Maybe Mojo-jojo, you could meet up with dancinluvmickey and her sister and "do nothing" together! Sometimes they have parties at the hotel pools for people of all ages. Have fun.

Theres an idea organise a pool party HRH music already there
:jester:

When you do Skycoaster, don't forget the Sling Shot! The G-Force ride you are referring to is a very good ride. It's $27 for the driver, $10 for the passenger. If you find someone to split it, it's really not that bad.

Gforce is worth it. Only 1.8 seconds, but you're flying at the end. It's like you brain says, "Whoaaa, I'm not supposed to be going this fast." Yeah, find a partner so you can split the costs.

Now, the question becomes, are your parents giving you money to spend? Otherwise, all those attractions add up. Maybe you'll want to bring your parents to old town with you, so they'll buy the skycoaster and Gforce tickets. Plus you'll probably go out to dinner with them a couple nights, so you midas well enjoy a nice meal if they're paying, versus fast food.

mojo,

Check this out could be an option for you. :)
This is located at City Walk
CityJazz®

Jam to high energy funk, R&B, soul, rock and more at Orlando’s Premier Nightclub. Listen to live music every night and see rare instruments and personal belongings of Jazz legends. Open 8pm - 1am Sun - Thurs, and 7pm - 2am Fri & Sat. Cover is $5, tax included, some ticketed events higher. 18 and older. For more information call 407-224-2189. For tickets call 407-224-2692.

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/citywalk/entertainment.html

CityJazz goes BONKERZ! (details)

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights at 8pm

http://themeparks.universalstudios....ywalk_events.html&calendar=uo_citywalk_events

Its times like this when i wish i could change my name. Everyone's calling my mojo. :p Thats the last time i let my sister pick out a nick name for me.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. CityJazz looks pretty good, but im not that big into jazz and stuff. But the BONKERZ looks awesome, i love watching comedy central, and this looks like right up my alley.

As for me im a working man so my parents only pay for food, tickets and thats about it, so more or likely i will pay for the attractions at old town.

Sky Coaster at Old Town is impressive. It's 300' tall, and if you have to pull the rip cord, Dear God, that's a rush.

Also one thing you could do is see a show at Sak Comedy Lab. It's in downtown, but if you go on a Tuesday you'll see the student performers (it's a guaranteed show) and it's only $5 per person. The show is improv and is very good.

www.sak.com

We saw lots of interesting girls at the HRH pool last year. You could just hang out there and count thongs:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter