Nightlife at OKW?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all!!

whats the nightlife like at old key west? we haven't stayed there in years, and lately we have been loving the Boardwalk area, especially at night. we love being able to go downstairs, grab a drink somewhere, then just go upstairs to our room.

How about old key west? is there a place to hangout, or grab a drink somewhere, instead of taking a bus to downtown disney? we like the idea of being able to walk back to the room.

thanks!

Hi all!!

whats the nightlife like at old key west? we haven't stayed there in years, and lately we have been loving the Boardwalk area, especially at night. we love being able to go downstairs, grab a drink somewhere, then just go upstairs to our room.

How about old key west? is there a place to hangout, or grab a drink somewhere, instead of taking a bus to downtown disney? we like the idea of being able to walk back to the room.

thanks!

The Gurgling Suitcase is the place at OKW, but it will be closing in January for renovations. So, you are stuck in your villa at OKW (which I like fine).

The Gurgling Suitcase is the place at OKW, but it will be closing in January for renovations. So, you are stuck in your villa at OKW (which I like fine).

Thanks for this info Deb and Bill!
guess we can always also take a water taxi to DTD. how often do those water taxis run and is there a long line back (like the buses at downtown disney? ugh).

thanks!

Thanks for this info Deb and Bill!
guess we can always also take a water taxi to DTD. how often do those water taxis run and is there a long line back (like the buses at downtown disney? ugh).

thanks!

There was just a bit of a line when we were there in October, but not bad at all. LOVE that the first boat stop is the West Side, and your first cocktail of the evening can be at House of Blues! I'm taking my dad and a couple of his friends for a 3-day mostly-Epcot trip in September/October, and we're staying at OKW just so that we have that easy access to DTD. That boat ride is so nice...they run every 20 minutes, much like busses.

your first cocktail of the evening can be at House of Blues!
When the Suitcase re-opens, it can be on the boat on the way to DTD! I've asked a few times, and the boat captains are always happy to let you bring a beverage aboard.

When the Suitcase re-opens, it can be on the boat on the way to DTD! I've asked a few times, and the boat captains are always happy to let you bring a beverage aboard.

We just had a 5 night stay and our first cocktail was ALWAYS on the boat :)

Nightlife and OKW is an oxymoron...one does not go to OKW for the nightlife which I assume is just fine with the OKW residents.

It's true that the "suitcase" is the only "spot" at OKW, but even when we stayed at OKW we passed on the "suitcase" we enjoyed the nightlife over at DTD and the nice boat ride to DTD.If I recall we even tried to get a drink at the suitcase on our way back from DTD and it was closed and we are not late night people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter