Nightastic was...

Where in the hub were you? I've found that some places block parts of the 360 fireworks. Could that be why some saw 360 and some saw 180? Did anyone see them from CR or Poly who can weigh in as to which they were?

I was close to the Partner Statue. If there were 360 fireworks, I would have seen them because that's where we always sit for the 4th fireworks. Perimeter fireworks go all the way around the park, these did not. I guess if you were standing behind he castle it might have looked like 360. I think they are saying perimeter fireworks, but most people haven't seen the 4th fireworks, so they don't know what true perimeter fireworks are.

I honestly feel like the firework show is going to get better, with more fireworks. I watched a video of the first night of the Nightastic fireworks at Disneyland last year, and then the same show from a month later, and the show was significantly bigger and better. At least that's what I'm hoping. :wizard:

I was resisting, but I will have to book another trip during the summer just to watch this... probably over the weekend.

Second post I saw saying it was 360. :confused3 We did not see it going all the way around. But maybe we just did not turn around at the right times. :confused3

Where in the hub were you? I've found that some places block parts of the 360 fireworks. Could that be why some saw 360 and some saw 180?

I was there last night as well and I'm quite certain that they were only 180 as well. (I've been there for 7/4, so I do know what the 360 ones look like). They definitely were more panaramic than wishes and, not to be rude, but I suspect the confusion might be from people a bit confused about what 360 degrees means.

I was on the poly to MK ferry boat a few weeks ago and the driver was talking about the 7/4 360 degree fireworks and mentioned that the ones behind the people in the MK were launched from barges in the seaven seas lagoon and that it disrupts the ferry traffic during the show because they can't bring people very close to the barges as they're launching fireworks. I suspect disrupting the water traffic for a few days a year is OK, but can't imagine they want to do it every night.

Nightastic ran for 12-13 minutes. Personally, I like to watch the fireworks near the Carousel, from there you are certainly given a 360 experience, though you miss Tink and the Castle front. I can't imagine anyone thought Nightastic was anything other than fantastic, like I said, the crowd (where I was) erupted when it was over, so those folks clearly shared my feelings about it. I'll be going again soon.

That's probably it. If you were at a back angle, you might think it is 360. But it is 180. Which still is good.
As pp mentioned, when you have seen 360, then you can tell the difference.
360 is simultaneous at both ends of the park, in the outer perimeter.
A few times they have had to stall the 360 fireworks as one end was not firing at the same time.

I thought the fireworks were great, especially with the passholder glasses. We'll be bringing them back for other fireworks shows. They did have electronic signs on the road to the MK talking about the fireworks later in the evening.

As for the parade, the floats were fantastic and the Tinkerbelle float at the beginning was neat. But the music was annoying and wearing. If only they would change it up from time to time like they did with Spectromagic. The same four or five notes over and over and over and over.....

As stated, the show used the 180 degree perimeter effect exactly the same as Magic Music and Mayhem for the Pirate and Princess parties. Holiday Wishes and HalloWishes utilize the same setup. Doing the full 360 degree effect is not feasible whatsoever. It causes transportation issues for guests and cast since all non-monorail transportation must be halted for a good half hour or so. It is fine for the 4th of july and New Years Eve but not for the entire summer.

However, the 180 degree effect uses the same amount of launch sites as the 360 shows. The sites are just moved closer together and the Seven Seas Lagoon Island launch site is not used.

Magic Music and Mayhem is also a very labor intensive show requiring several more techs to load and run the show than Wishes requires.

Can't wait till next month for the new fireworks. I have only seen Spectromagic and loved it. Is MSEP similar ?

I've read a few reviews on this and other sites, and the consensus seems to be that the Nightastic fireworks are spectacular - I can't wait!

I don't know about anyone else, but MSEP holds a very, very special place in my heart - just the music makes me tear up, so I am sure once I see the floats, I will be a mess! I hope I won't be the only blubbering idiot in the crowd! :laughing:

Would you think that the enjoyment would be close to being in the park if I am on the beach at the Poly? We have 8:35 adrs at Ohana and I may be watching it from the restaurant or the beach. What do you think???

I love Wishes from the beach.:lovestruc

As stated, the show used the 180 degree perimeter effect exactly the same as Magic Music and Mayhem for the Pirate and Princess parties. Holiday Wishes and HalloWishes utilize the same setup. Doing the full 360 degree effect is not feasible whatsoever. It causes transportation issues for guests and cast since all non-monorail transportation must be halted for a good half hour or so. It is fine for the 4th of july and New Years Eve but not for the entire summer.

However, the 180 degree effect uses the same amount of launch sites as the 360 shows. The sites are just moved closer together and the Seven Seas Lagoon Island launch site is not used.

Magic Music and Mayhem is also a very labor intensive show requiring several more techs to load and run the show than Wishes requires.

I've seen the 360 fireworks, and they are spectacular - I actually prefer to see them from CR or Poly than from in the park. 180 is OK - but I'd really hoped from all the hype that it was going to be 360 every night. I should have known better since I was aware of the transportation issues involved.:guilty:

Still, it will be nice to see something different without paying an upcharge for a change.

Where did you get the passholder glasses? Were they available only for this weekend?

Would you think that the enjoyment would be close to being in the park if I am on the beach at the Poly? We have 8:35 adrs at Ohana and I may be watching it from the restaurant or the beach. What do you think???

I love Wishes from the beach.:lovestruc

Saturday night we saw the Nightastic fireworks from the Poly beach and from there it was incredible. I had not gotten word that the start date had moved up one night, so we were expecting to see Wishes one last time before leaving early Sunday morning. Right from the beginning we realized these were way different, since fireworks were exploding across our entire field of vision when looking toward the castle. They seemed bigger and from the Poly at least, filled much more of the sky. It was a fantastic view, and I highly recommend it (we were on the quiet beach down from the pool, so I can't speak to the music or anything).

They were giving out the paper glasses to AP-ers from 4 - 8 pm in the Rose Garden.
You might want to check the wandering carts that sell spinners, glow things, etc.
A few years back when they had the same style glasses, that is where guests bought them for a buck each.
They may do the same. I just have not heard anything more about the glasses. They were to be for the Saturday night AP preview.

i'm sooo excited to see the new fireworks show!! not too pumped about the parade though- it's fine, i've seen it a few times, but it's mostly the music i don't like. spectromagic is so majestic, especially the music, but the mainstreet electrical music just drones on... and on... :lmao:

my question is: is Nightastic from disneyland?? like how the mainstreet electrical parade is? or is it a brand new show they're trying out??

Agreed! :thumbsup2 Super excited about the fireworks. As much as I love Wishes it will be fun to see something new and this sounds fantastic!! :woohoo: As for MSEP, I've seen it and while the floats seem like they'll be wonderful it's the music from Spectro I will really miss. The music from MSEP, for me personally, is just awful.

....As for MSEP, I've seen it and while the floats seem like they'll be wonderful it's the music from Spectro I will really miss. The music from MSEP, for me personally, is just awful.

Yes, yes, yes. Spectromagic has better music. And the music from MSEP is just awful. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter