Night time light up wand

GoofyLo

Mouseketeer
So, we all know that the mouse is very smart. Every good ride ends in a what? A gift shop! And when it gets dark, what do they provide for our children who often become tired a whiny to get what they want? Trinkets that glow in the dark! A friend of mine used to tease me and say that Disney is that place that I go to, open my wallet, and say "make me have a good time". We all know no one does it better!!!

We leave for Disney on Sunday with our 3yo DD. Today, I went to our local Walgreens to pick up eggs and candy when a wonderful night time light up trinket caught my eye. It is a wand that lights up - either continuously lights up or flashes depending on which direction you flip the switch. Having a girl :bride:, I checked out the girly ones - a pink & silver one with "Princess and the castle and a pink one with Minnie and Daisy flying a kite with bugs and butterflies. It was $2.99 for one or 2 for $5 if you need more. I love Walgreens! :love::love: They had a light up wand like this at Halloween with the Disney characters that we got before going down for Mickey's Halloween Party.

Thought I'd share my find. I always try to pack glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces in the backpack for the nights were waiting for parades and such.

Awesome!!
I love Walgreens to because they always have neat and different things. They do carry a lot of Disney items....both boys & girls.

FYI, Target has quite a bit of Disney Princess items and Winnie the Pooh...all in their Dollar Spot.
They also have light up wands but they are not Disney, however they are cute stars, ladybugs, bumblebees, etc....Glow Stick brand with thick wand like handles.

Awesome!!
I love Walgreens to because they always have neat and different things. They do carry a lot of Disney items....both boys & girls.

FYI, Target has quite a bit of Disney Princess items and Winnie the Pooh...all in their Dollar Spot.
They also have light up wands but they are not Disney, however they are cute stars, ladybugs, bumblebees, etc....Glow Stick brand with thick wand like handles.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. Three more days until we're Disney bound!!:love:

I got two of those for our ds before our trip last year. I kept one in the diaper bag at all times and pulled it out for dark rides (people mover at night) and while we waited for the evening shows. One died at some point and the other still works. I plan on grabbing another before our trip at the end of April. Not only are these cheaper than the Disney stuff, they are so much easier to carry around!

Not trying to start a flame war here, but can you have your child use restraint with the light up toys on dark rides?? Because dark rides are supposed to be, well, dark. I find a child or adult waving a light up toy annoying, even worse, one that is flashing or pulsing. Sort of like someone using a flash camera, but almost worse.

What I mean is can they hold it on their lap while on the actual ride, and look at it if they are afraid, as opposed to waving it around outside the ride vehicle or over their heads......

And I had 4 kids, I understand the fear of the dark on the rides though, I remember those days. And I was not assuming your particular child would be causing a distraction, I was just remembering other children who have in the past.

So, we all know that the mouse is very smart. Every good ride ends in a what? A gift shop! And when it gets dark, what do they provide for our children who often become tired a whiny to get what they want? Trinkets that glow in the dark! A friend of mine used to tease me and say that Disney is that place that I go to, open my wallet, and say "make me have a good time". We all know no one does it better!!!

We leave for Disney on Sunday with our 3yo DD. Today, I went to our local Walgreens to pick up eggs and candy when a wonderful night time light up trinket caught my eye. It is a wand that lights up - either continuously lights up or flashes depending on which direction you flip the switch. Having a girl :bride:, I checked out the girly ones - a pink & silver one with "Princess and the castle and a pink one with Minnie and Daisy flying a kite with bugs and butterflies. It was $2.99 for one or 2 for $5 if you need more. I love Walgreens! :love::love: They had a light up wand like this at Halloween with the Disney characters that we got before going down for Mickey's Halloween Party.

Thought I'd share my find. I always try to pack glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces in the backpack for the nights were waiting for parades and such.

Just bought this same pink and silver princess one... along with some minnie mouse bubbles at walgreens! I love my walgreens

No disrespect meant to the OP...or anyone.

IMO, glow sticks are great. They are not so bright as to disturb others too much. Same with glow in the dark toys.

I have to admit I am not a fan of the flashing toys. They are just too bright. Not only are they distracting (obnoxious) if they are used on rides but they are also very distracting when your are trying to watch Fantastic, especially if the child is right in front of you. I think Disney should be kicked in the wallet for selling them before a show. :rotfl:
Sadly they can also trigger migraines and seizures in some people.

Does anyone know what boy versions Walgreens had? I don't think my 7 and 4 year old sons will go for princesses or Minnie, but I would love to get some cheap ones! I found two authentic Disney spinners for 25 cents each at a garage sale before our 2009 trip, but they have since died :(

I just bought one of the flashing/non flashing wands at Walgreens for my Son to take to Disney on Ice. It had Mickey and maybe one or two others from the fab five on it. I also bought one that spun with different colors when you held the button down. It had a picture of Mickey and Donald on a plane. My Walgreens also had boys light ups in Toy Story and Cars styles.

I just bought one of the flashing/non flashing wands at Walgreens for my Son to take to Disney on Ice. It had Mickey and maybe one or two others from the fab five on it. I also bought one that spun with different colors when you held the button down. It had a picture of Mickey and Donald on a plane. My Walgreens also had boys light ups in Toy Story and Cars styles.

Perfect, thank you! I just didn't want to waste a trip there! :)

Does anyone know what boy versions Walgreens had? I don't think my 7 and 4 year old sons will go for princesses or Minnie, but I would love to get some cheap ones! I found two authentic Disney spinners for 25 cents each at a garage sale before our 2009 trip, but they have since died :(

I didnt see any actual Disney ones at my Walgreens store like this but i did see generic boys ones ... like soccer football that sort of thing

We always stock up on glow sticks when they go on clearance after Halloween. Even use 'em around the house if the power goest out :rotfl:

We always stock up on glow sticks when they go on clearance after Halloween. Even use 'em around the house if the power goest out :rotfl:

That's EXACTLY what we do-my walmart has them for 10 cents after-and we DID use them up in the two extended power outages we had last year, Irene and the freak oct. snowstorm!!!:cool1:

Then I got more and brought some to Disney in Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter