• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Night of Joy questions

mommy2paisley

DIS Veteran
We have never been and I can't seem to find very much info about it. I know it starts at 7, but do they usually let you in at 4 as they do with the Halloween and Christmas parties?

The different artists who will perform, will they be performing throughout the park or at one place, one after another?

My DCs want to do Pirate's League that day and I'm wondering if anyone knows the latest appointment time that will be available that night?

Any other info/links you could give me on this would be great!!!

We have never been and I can't seem to find very much info about it. I know it starts at 7, but do they usually let you in at 4 as they do with the Halloween and Christmas parties?

The different artists who will perform, will they be performing throughout the park or at one place, one after another?

My DCs want to do Pirate's League that day and I'm wondering if anyone knows the latest appointment time that will be available that night?

Any other info/links you could give me on this would be great!!!

I believe the answer to this question at least is yes: you can get in as early as 4:00p with just your NoJ ticket.

There are four different stages that artists perform on. The castle stage the one in tommorrowland and one behind buzz lighter. The forth stage is in where the youth groups perform. I don't remember where that stage is.... You will not be able to see everyone, unless you don't see all of their set. It is an amazing night!!

Thanks for the info! There is a main group my DD wants to see, then we'll probably ride some rides, etc. Will characters be out during this time or no? Anyone know about the last Pirate's League ressie for that day?

Ive done Night of joy twice. Its such a wonderful experience. You get to hear new and old artists! They have different locations around the park where the artists perform. The bigger artists usually get the bigger stages, cinderalla castle and the tomorrowland stage. The lesser known artists get smaller stages usually in the pirate area or in back of the tomorrow land area. Most of the rides are left open, but regarding your question about the Pirate League, I think it closes with the rest of the park or it even closes early. Something that I found super cool is that the artists walk around the park and you may even run into some of them!

Try riding Splash mountain towards then end of the night, it is probably one of the most magical experience youll have at Disney! You can see the entire park with the different stages and you can hear some of the artists playing! :cool1:

Ive done Night of joy twice. Its such a wonderful experience. You get to hear new and old artists! They have different locations around the park where the artists perform. The bigger artists usually get the bigger stages, cinderalla castle and the tomorrowland stage. The lesser known artists get smaller stages usually in the pirate area or in back of the tomorrow land area. Most of the rides are left open, but regarding your question about the Pirate League, I think it closes with the rest of the park or it even closes early. Something that I found super cool is that the artists walk around the park and you may even run into some of them!

My DD would seriously be beside herself if she got to meet her favorite artist of right now! She recently discovered One Girl Nation, which I am pretty sure is very new. They are what is making us go to Night of Joy. We just happen to be vacationing during it and she was so excited to hear they would be there then. :) Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks, everyone!

As of right now we are going to be there that weekend as well (I am debating whether to switch to the following week).

How busy is NOJ? Is the place totally packed? Is it like a party night where the rides themselves are not very busy? Will all the rides be running?

I wouldn't mind going but, I would attend both for listening to some great music and also riding rides.. we would probably listen for a little while and then move along.

As of right now we are going to be there that weekend as well (I am debating whether to switch to the following week).

How busy is NOJ? Is the place totally packed? Is it like a party night where the rides themselves are not very busy? Will all the rides be running?

I wouldn't mind going but, I would attend both for listening to some great music and also riding rides.. we would probably listen for a little while and then move along.

At the beginning of the night it may seem like there is a TON of people, but as the night goes on youll find that people go off to do different things and see different artist/ride rides. The bigger artists will be packed, but its so easy to get there 20 min before the concert starts to get a good spot. I would think for 1girlnation there would be a small audience. The ride lines are usually short, so youll be good there!

these were the rides open last year too
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean

We are going to be there the week of the NOJ this year, too, and are considering one or both of the nights. But, I've always wondered how it works for those who have admission to Magic Kingdom that day but not the event. It says the event is from 7:00pm to 1:00am. So, does the park close for those with just park admissions at 7:00pm and they are wrangled out somehow?? And those with event tickets can stay?? I'm very curious how this all works for these types of events. It seems early to close a park at 7:00pm for people who paid for a day of admission.

Based on the past, when do the biggest headliners typically go on? Early or late/last? My son and I want to see or at least hear Skillet this year. We really don't care if we are near enough to smell them. Fact is, I can't stand for very long. But I was curious as to when they would go on, typically. I'm sure they'll be on the castle stage. Then I'd know if we can plan to enjoy the park for a while until they take the stage. They are the only ones we want to hear. :goodvibes

Based on the past, when do the biggest headliners typically go on? Early or late/last? My son and I want to see or at least hear Skillet this year. We really don't care if we are near enough to smell them. Fact is, I can't stand for very long. But I was curious as to when they would go on, typically. I'm sure they'll be on the castle stage. Then I'd know if we can plan to enjoy the park for a while until they take the stage. They are the only ones we want to hear. :goodvibes

I felt the same as you, I was going to buy a ticket to this event considering I know Skillet will never play in my province. Apparently they aren't performing anymore. They pulled out due to scheduling conflicts according to the person I was talking to when I called the Disney hotline :/ they're listed in some places and not others. It's weird.

We are going to be there the week of the NOJ this year, too, and are considering one or both of the nights. But, I've always wondered how it works for those who have admission to Magic Kingdom that day but not the event. It says the event is from 7:00pm to 1:00am. So, does the park close for those with just park admissions at 7:00pm and they are wrangled out somehow?? And those with event tickets can stay?? I'm very curious how this all works for these types of events. It seems early to close a park at 7:00pm for people who paid for a day of admission.

The park does a "hard close" for this event. Those who have a NOJ ticket are given a wristband. At 7, there are castmembers are then stationed between at the walkways between the different lands. If you don't have a band, they will not let you through and will basically funnel you to the exit.

It is an early close, but usually the parks are so much less crowded on these days you can get more done in fewer hours. So it really isn't a bad deal for the people who come to the park on those days.

In 2013, Skillet played on the main stage at 11:55 pm. Obviously, there's no guarantee it will be the same in 2014, but that's probably the best guess:)

Here's the link to the 2013 schedule, if you want to see it -
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/check-out-disneys-night-of-joy-concert-schedule/

One last thought - several years ago, they only opened a few main attractions during NOJ, so waits were really long. But last year (and possibly before that, but I only remember last year for sure), they had almost every attraction open for the event. So waits were pretty short - probably similar to how they would be during the halloween and christmas parties. Here's a link to all the attractions opened during 2013 NOJ:

http://nightofjoy2000.tripod.com/night_of_joy_2013.htm

I felt the same as you, I was going to buy a ticket to this event considering I know Skillet will never play in my province. Apparently they aren't performing anymore. They pulled out due to scheduling conflicts according to the person I was talking to when I called the Disney hotline :/ they're listed in some places and not others. It's weird.

Uh oh. So Skillet has possibly pulled out of this event? I see them listed on a bunch of dates through May and the summer, but nothing listed beyond summer, at least currently on their FB page. :(

I've done both holiday parties before (multiple times), so I'm familiar w/ what things can be like, relatively anyway. But if they aren't going to be there, I don't think I want to bother. ugh I'll keep doing my research.

EDIT: Skillet is off the line up. I won't be going. I'm too old for concerts anymore. I just like to listen and I hate crowds, so no one else, but perhaps, U2 is worth it. ;)

General Admission tickets aren't available yet but you may also want to look at Rock the Universe at Universal Studios Florida. https://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Rock-The-Universe/Event-Info.aspx It's the same weekend as Night of Joy at the MK. This year on on Saturday the headliners are Switchfoot and TobyMac. (The headliners Friday are Third Day, Newsboys and Jeremy Camp). Both Disney and Universal seem to alternate through the headliners. I know on Saturday night it would be a tough decision between Skillet (if they perform) and Casting Crowns at Disney or Switchfoot and TobyMac at Universal. I've never seen Casting Crowns live, Skillet is Pretty good, but TobyMac rocks the place.
Also, if you plan on going both nights, Universal normally offers a very good deal on tickets for Friday through Sunday and Concert tickets.

This will be my first time going to NOJ. I'm wondering if there will be characters out at this time. I'm a like big kid and can't have a trip to the Magic Kingdom without seeing my girl Cinderella :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter