Nicole & Evan's PJ: 12/29/2009 SBP/Ariels

My shoes arrived today!! Since I'm making just about everything, having something arrive already completed is quite a novelty! It also means I can finish my gown this weekend since I'll be able to mark out hem length. Evan's trousers are almost done, and so are the invitations, so I should have a good amount checked off soon. Anyway, here they are! I got them from a vintage reproduction shoe site. They ended up a shade darker than the gown, but the same tone and oh so comfortable!
DSC02478.jpg

So I've recently found myself with a lot more sewing time, although most of it is filled sewing for other people. However, I have managed to finish the gown (exempting some pressing). The jacket is on it's way as well, just no sleeves in it yet. If I didn't have a workshop this weekend, it'd be done by Sunday. It's at the point where I just want it to be done and over with, so I figured a little incentive gown try-on would help. The jacket is out of silk velvet, which is one of the worst fabrics to work with EVER. But, without further ado, here are some really terrible shots of the gown!
Gown.jpg

Wow :eek: That is sooo gorgeous! I can't believe you made that! It is so elegant and fits you great (though that's the advantage of making it specifically for you :rotfl:) Can't wait to see the final product with the jacket :thumbsup2

Wow...just wow!! Your dress is gorgeous!! I am envious you made it yourself!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

Woo hoo! I got a mock-up done of the invitations today! I'm still waiting on the ribbon to go around the pocketfold, but that should come in soon. Granted, there's still a lot of printing to be done before I even need it.

DSC02465-1.jpg

I LOVE your invitations! DF&I are getting married at the YCG and having our reception at Ariel's. Wish I could buy these! :thumbsup2

The reception is the complicated part! Ariels has three areas, one of which is used as the dance floor. We decided to use the back lower area for pre-reception and buffet, and the upper for the main tables.
DSC02356.jpg

ZR6R3249-1.jpg

We've still got the string trio for the pre-reception, but after that we're going to an ipod set up.

I love that you posted this! This looks like such a good set-up I may have to steal it from you! ;) We're planning on using a Zune or iPod, so our dance floor would be set up the same way anyway. Everything else just makes so much sense to me the way you set it up! Where are you guys sitting tho'? I've seen the sweetheart table in between those black squares looking over the dance floor, so that's where we're planning on having ours. :) Our P.S. isn't until New Year's Eve tho', so we'll see if any of this changes! ;)

I LOVE your theme, btw. Very cool! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words on the gown! I got the jacket done yesterday, so next time I trap a friend in my house I'll make them take decent pictures of it all. I gave in and made death's head buttons for it (18th century thread wrapped buttons- definitely my favorite thing from that time period). Evan's suit is next on the list then on to silver lame! Now if they'd just send updated BEOs......

WDWBride: we're actually not using a sweetheart table. Our bridal party is only four people and we don't get to see them much so we're sitting together at the top left table. We've also since made a couple changes like moving the guestbook/place card table next to the seated tables to make a wall between them and the walkway, and we made all the small tables highboys for pre-reception (chairs cost so much and just aren't worth it!). If you're around on the 29th stop by and take a look or wave! Who knows what it will look like by that point!

Ah, okay. I was actually thinking of sitting w/our bridal party for a while cuz I didn't want people staring at us, lol.

Yea, I always figured I'd use highboys for the pre-reception (never knew that's what they were called tho', lol!).

Oh, sweet! We will be in Disney on the 29th! :) I'll def. try and take a peek because not only are we having our reception at the same place, but your theme is AWESOME!

All I can say is wow!

You get married the day before us, I wish I had time that day to swing by SBP and see you.

I just realized I will be at WDW the same time of your wedding! Maybe you'll see me trying to catch a peek on the friendship boat passing by SBP in lurkyloo fashion! :cutie:

I love your vintage 1930's fashion! I am also inspired by old hollywood in my wedding planning (I just got engaged so I don't have a PJ yet)

I can't wait to see your pictures of the big day! It's almost here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter