Nicola & Chris' PJ Home Wedding 1st May 2010 & Disneymoon **1 WEEK TO GO!**

No DF had his stag do at the start of March as it had to fit in with his friends, some had holidays booked and alot are season ticket holders for their football teams so needed to be when away games were scheduled. They all went to brighton for the weekend and had a great time!

I wanted DF to have a weekend as i felt i'd been spoiled with my dress so only fair he should feel a bit spoiled too. I only wanted a night as alot of my friends have children and so i wanted to make it affordable for them, i didnt want them to feel excluded due to cost and i'd have a miserable time without them :goodvibes

I think it will be a great night! I love the idea of a spa weekend! We are staying at Saratoga Springs on our disneymoon and we will definitely be making use of their spa, had a massage there in 2008 and it was divine, sooo looking forward to spending the first day chilling out round the pool and doing spa stuff! We are gonna chill and take a slow pace for the 1st week of our honeymoon and then pick up the pace and hit the parks full on once the in-laws arrive from week 2!

Sounds good... Saratoga is a wonderful resort! :goodvibes - have you requested a building? we stayed at Congress Park & loved how close it was to DTD! although it was quite a walk to the main area and pool... but I love walking around Disney resorts so it was no worry for me hehe :cutie:

I completely sympathise with the 'season ticket' men.. DF is a hugefootball fan, he supports Port Vale (league 2) but will watch absolutely any match on tv... I guess he loves footie like I love Disney!! :rolleyes:
That's another reason we're having a June 2011 wedding.. no football season/world cup/euro cup to distract him :rotfl:

Happy Easter weekend btw!

Emma princess: x

Sounds good... Saratoga is a wonderful resort! :goodvibes - have you requested a building? we stayed at Congress Park & loved how close it was to DTD! although it was quite a walk to the main area and pool... but I love walking around Disney resorts so it was no worry for me hehe :cutie:

I completely sympathise with the 'season ticket' men.. DF is a hugefootball fan, he supports Port Vale (league 2) but will watch absolutely any match on tv... I guess he loves footie like I love Disney!! :rolleyes:
That's another reason we're having a June 2011 wedding.. no football season/world cup/euro cup to distract him :rotfl:

Happy Easter weekend btw!

We havent requested an area this time as wanted to see what other places within SSR would be like. We stayed in The Paddock area in 2008 and that was really nice, i would imagine everywhere on SSR is nice though lol

My H2B used to be a season ticket holder with Chelsea but he decided to give it up last season so that we had more money for the wedding, sweet of him but i didnt want him to as i know he is unlikely to get it back now as they have a very long waiting list.

Enjoy your easter weekend too! We are just watching the chelsea game now lol.

1 Week Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i'm up early as made H2B breakfast before he went for a day of golf and drinks with his dad and the lads so thought i'd spend some time adding a few updates.

Cant believe we get married in 1 week's time!

Had my hen night last weekend, when H2B gets home i will ask him to put the pics on the pc so i can post some for you all... had a good night, one friend had a little too much to drink early on and threatened us all being allowed to stay in the club so that was a little stressful as i then had to keep an eye on her all night but it's done now.

Had my final dress fitting, no more alterations were needed and it was the right length, didnt get to practice walking in it much so fingers crossed i wont trip all over it on the day :laughing:

My major source of stress this week, as i'm sure it was for alot of others, was the closure of British airspace. We will fly to our Disneymoon next sunday and i felt sick that we might not be able to go due to a flipping volcano :headache:

Ive planned every part of the wedding and honeymoon but i hadnt planned on a volcano trying to stop us in our tracks! I obviously tried to focus on the positive and kept telling myself that at least we could still get married and that is the most important thing... had we booked our wedding to be in florida like we wanted then that could have hung in the balance and i would have been gutted... my heart goes out to any disneybride who has had to deal with this situation and i was praying that it would all be resolved so any UK disneybride who needed to fly, could.

Fingers crossed all seems to be ok at the moment so we started packing last night for our disneymoon! I cant wait to get there even more now, the thought of losing out was horrible... stupid volcano :laughing:

So my plan for today is taking the cravats to the suit shop to be tied and added with the suits. Then i will go shopping for gift bags for our presents to give out during the wedding breakfast.

Tomorrow i am spending some time at the hairdressers and boxing everything up for DF's parents to take to our venue on monday, as they want all reception pieces at the start of the week.

I'm working monday and tuesday and then it is freedom!

Thursday i am off to the dentist for a clean and friday i will be collecting the dresses and doing nails etc

I think the next week will fly by but that is OK with me.... aargh cant believe in a week's time i will be married and flying out to florida!

My last weekend as a Miss, wow! :yay:

Hi!

Looks like the flights are all back to normal now & that the planes are fine flying in the 'ash cloud' :scared1: ... all of last week I was thinking about people who would have had to cancel there trips to WDW or (even worse) Disney wedding because of it :sad2: ... at one point in the news they were saying it could last months/years??! .. I was imagining having to drive to Spain to fly over to the the USA, or get a boat across the Atlantic :rotfl:

Happy last weekend 'as a Miss' :cool1: !

hi! I am joining in (a bit late :laughing:) You much be so excited! one week! I really hope things clear up with the volcano. I know how hard that has been. One of my DF's employees is actually stuck in London and can't get back. Its such a mess. Your plans sound great! and I loooove your dress. I am wearing Maggie as well! Hope all your plans go well today.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the pesky volcano will let you go on your trip without any problems! Congratulations on being married in a week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter