Nicola & Chris' PJ Home Wedding 1st May 2010 & Disneymoon **1 WEEK TO GO!**

Hi everyone,

Well i havent been on here for a couple of months as have been busy at work and with doing things for the wedding, but have some spare time this morning so thought i'd post an update.

Ok so the biggest update is that finally at the end of July (can you believe it took me that long?) i found my dress and placed an order wahoo! :cool1:

It wasnt any of the previous dresses i tried on. This is my dress!:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....wordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=A3284CS

No matter what dresses i tried on i kept coming back to this one on the website so i tracked one down, tried it on, loved it, ordered it, yeah!

I've been told my dress should be in the shop around christmas time, cant wait to try it on again and when it will be MY dress and not just a shop sample!

Next on the agenda is bridesmaid dress shopping... taking my sister shopping at the end of August and really hoping that finding what i want will be easier than finding my dress :lmao:

When we booked our wedding last year we were told that we would be contacted around September time to do menu tastings etc, at the time i was like that's ages away but it's only a couple of weeks away now and i'm really looking forward to that part.

Then i will need to make a decisions on invitations so i have lots coming up... all very exciting and lovely :goodvibes

Wow cant believe it's been 7 months since i posted on this journal... i have been very bad but very busy.

Wedding is coming along nicely (fingers crossed) and is 2 months away today!

I have my first dress fitting in a couple of weeks as well as my final meeting with my planner.

H2B is away for his stag (bachelor) weekend this weekend and i am awaiting responses to invites which is very annoying as not many have been returned but it's 2 weeks til the deadline so fingers crossed they are all back by then.

Soooo looking forward to our disneymoon, wish the dollar rate would improve though. Just found out that it's likely harry potter park wont be open when we go and i really hoped it would be but nevermind... im excited that a launch is scheduled at kennedy so hopefully i can see that during my stay.

Are there any other may brides out there the same time as me?

what a gorgeous dress, Maggies are beautiful aren't they? im currently trying to track down that from photos ive seen online is my dream dress but im yet to find anywhere that has it in the shop so haven't seen it in person yet.
wow two months till your big day, i bet you are getting so excited?
where is your DH2B going for hes stag weekend? have you planned your hen do yet?

your dress is so pretty, very elegant...I just recently bought my wedding dress from Maggie Sottero called Fiorella.

what a gorgeous dress, Maggies are beautiful aren't they? im currently trying to track down that from photos ive seen online is my dream dress but im yet to find anywhere that has it in the shop so haven't seen it in person yet.
wow two months till your big day, i bet you are getting so excited?
where is your DH2B going for hes stag weekend? have you planned your hen do yet?

You're trying to track down the same dress as me? How exciting! I hope you find one, i managed to and it was so worth it!

H2B went to Brighton for stag weekend and had a great time. I'm just doing a hen night at an 80's bar in London, cant wait for that!

I am getting very excited, 5 weeks to go!

5 weeks to go and planning is going well.

Had my first dress fitting, nothing too drastic needed there, hem taken up and a few alterations on bodice so should be fine. Have my next fitting in 3 weeks time.

Final meeting with planner went well, it was nice to finally confirm everything, although the final invoice didnt impress me lol.

We have continued with our Disney theme and i'm excited to see how it works on the day. Obviously have our table names which i love. We have managed to get Disney shaped jelly sweets direct from Florida (courtesy of MIL & FIL's last trip) so they will be our favours. We are playing the Disney weddings cd during our meal and hopefully we will be announced to "Be our Guest" which i think will be lovely, but probably will only be me and parents that understand the sentiment :goodvibes

I have a few days off work next week so will do as many things weddingy as i can. My sister is having her first bridesmaid fitting next week so looking forward to that too.

I'm hoping the next 5 weeks will fly by and then once it's here i wont want our Disneymoon to end :goodvibes

Well i've finally made it to my time off work this week which was the last time off milestone before the wedding so excited about that! Currently i am stuck at home waiting for parcels to be delivered so i wish they would hurry up! Although the postman has just delivered my travel insurance policy through the door so not long now!!!!! :cool1:

One of my H2B's relatives made our cravats and brought them to us last week and they are lovely! Really nicely made so i plan to take them to our groomswear shop this week for them to be tied properly and then the groomsmen only have to worry about slipping them over their heads and tightening them on the day. I fully expected the cravats to be their wedding present to us as that saved us alot of money but they also left us our wedding card and a very sizeable amount of cash inside for our honeymoon! I was so overwhelmed by this, wasnt expecting that at all and it was very generous of them, we felt very blessed.

Went shopping with H2B and PIL2B yesterday for his and his dad's shoes, i found a lovely pair of shoes which they both liked instantly so we were all happy by that lol.

Tried on my summer clothes yesterday but due to losing weight none of it fits which is great, but more expense that i didnt really want to have to worry about. Will hit the sales i think.

Sad that HP Park wont be open during our stay (June 18th is not Spring Mr Universal so shame on you!) but hoping that at least the parks will be a bit quieter as would imagine if HP was opening whilst we were there the parks would be heaving so trying to look on the bright side and we are still looking forward to trying rip ride rocket and manta and we will manage to get fastpasses this year for toy storia mania if it kills us :rotfl2:

Our last day of honeymoon sees the start of the star wars weekend Yay! so we will definitely be spending our last day there!

Hope everyone who is getting married same time as us is enjoying the planning and if anyone is getting married during our stay, i will keep an eye out for you!

Ok so it's just dawned on me that this really isnt much of a PJ and that i havent really talked about the little details of my wedding, which would help i guess :goodvibes

Ok so youve seen my dress and that's a start i guess.

Here's the link to my sister's dress:

http://www.bridesmaidsbyromantica.co.uk/POP_ROM_Bridesmaids_gallery01.html

if it brings up alot of dresses, hers is the 1st one on the 2nd row but she is having it in blue with a ivory band. She loves the netting underneath and that is blue too, looks really nice but she wont see it until tomorrow at her fitting.

And this is the dress that our child bridesmaids will be wearing

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...20108985_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Kids~Occasionwear

They look adorable in them. I did originally want blue sashes for them and bridesmaid dresses that were made for them but the expense didnt make any sense really, as they are children they will grow out of the dresses and never wear them again so seemed silly to spend alot of money of them and these department store ones are really nice and we got them in the sale so they were a bargain!

With regards to the cake we are having the mad hatter style one! Im mega excited about this but also a little worried, just hope the cake maker can make it, she said she can and i do trust her otherwise i wouldnt have booked her but cant help worrying slightly that it isnt gonna be as good as the disney one but i am excited to see it on the day. We have decided to have the cake in our wedding colours of blue & white which i think will look lovely.

The flowers are also in this colour scheme too. I have chosen white roses and peonies and blue hydrangeas. For the table arrangements they will be the same in tall vases with blue led lights within them which i am also excited about as i havent seen this at any weddings i have been to and i want my guests to be wowed which im sure they will be.

I dont have any pictures im afraid but i will post some once we are back from honeymoon with how it all turned out.

I am very aware this is my H2B's wedding too so i have made sure that the majority of the ceremony music is all about him, since he has to wait for me in the ceremony room i want him to listen to music that is special to him & us. So our choices could seem a little off the wall but this is what we have picked

Music prior to ceremony

When you wish upon a star
Love Theme from Superman (The original 80's films)
Across the Stars from Star Wars
Pachebel in Cannon D (this has always been what i wanted to hear prior to walking down the aisle).

Ceremony

Wagners here comes the bride

Signing the register

Michael Bolton's version of A dream is a wish your heart makes
Once upon a dream
A whole new world

Exit music

The throne room/finale from Star Wars

I'm excited about our song choices and cant wait to hear them on the day. We are also planning to open our wedding breakfast with "Be our guest" which i think will fit in perfectly with our theme!

So onto the wedding breakfast.

We are having a 4 course silver service meal. The venue didnt offer a tasting in the end so i have to trust that it will be lovely on the day.

Choosing our menu was hard, as we love food but i'm aware not everyone likes what we like and some things i love like tomato soup and beef bourginon are not the best things to have around a white dress :rotfl: so here is what we chose:

Starter

Pate with onion chutney & crackers
Melon & selection of fruits for vegetarians and children

Soup course

Potato & Leek (white so fingers crossed any spillages wont be a disaster)

Main Course

Roast Chicken with selection of potatoes and vegetables
Vegetable en croute for vegetarians
Chicken teddies and fries for children

Dessert

Profiteroles with hot chocolate sauce
Ice cream for children who will be offered the hot chocolate sauce

There will also be tea, coffee and after-dinner mints

So all in all i am happy with our choices and looking forward to eating it on the day.

Joining in!
Love your plans so far, dress is beautiful - I love the subtle Disney touches, just what i'm planning to do! some guests might not even notice, but my family & friends that really know me will get it! :goodvibes

Just wondered if you'd found instrumental versions of the Disney songs you're having for the ceremony?

I've (already!) bought the DFTW cd.. it's £4.99 on amazon uk - I really like it, classical guitar with full orchestra - but some of the songs are a little hard to recognise IMO.

I've also got a cd called "Plays Disney" by the London Pops Orchestra - it's about £7 to download from amazon and it's is fantastic!
I am hoping to use some of it for our ceremony, I also like "married life" track on the Up soundtrack :wizard:

Only 1 month to go for you!!

Emma princess: xx

Joining in!
Love your plans so far, dress is beautiful - I love the subtle Disney touches, just what i'm planning to do! some guests might not even notice, but my family & friends that really know me will get it! :goodvibes

Just wondered if you'd found instrumental versions of the Disney songs you're having for the ceremony?

I've (already!) bought the DFTW cd.. it's £4.99 on amazon uk - I really like it, classical guitar with full orchestra - but some of the songs are a little hard to recognise IMO.

I've also got a cd called "Plays Disney" by the London Pops Orchestra - it's about £7 to download from amazon and it's is fantastic!
I am hoping to use some of it for our ceremony, I also like "married life" track on the Up soundtrack :wizard:

Only 1 month to go for you!!

Hi Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to read my pj.

With regards to the music, most of the Disney songs except a dream is a wish your heart makes and a whole new world are instrumental orchestra versions. I found them on i tunes so it would be worth having a look round on there as you can preview a song before you purchase, i found loads that are really good.

I have the disney weddings cd too, H2B's parents bought it for us, i think it's nice but agree there are some on there that dont sound very familiar.

Yes 1 month to go so not long at all, we have come to the part now where we have to part with all our hard earned savings, scary :scared1:

:cool1::banana::yay::cheer2: 1 MONTH TODAY :cool1::banana::yay::cheer2:

Took my sister for her bridesmaid fitting yesterday, went really well and her dress is so pretty! Going back in a couple of weeks for both of us to have our final fittings so looking forward to that.

Also had a meeting with my photographer, that was really good too and we feel at ease with him so have no doubts photos will turn out great!

Hen night is only 2 weeks away now! Cant believe it, need to finalise my outfit and decide how to do my hair, better fit in some test runs!

Happy one month to go!! :cool1:

Where are you going for your hen do?

Thanks Emma

Hen night is in London at an 80's club, i just love the 80's ha ha. There are 8 of us girls going in a limo and we are all dressing in 80's gear and attempting 80's hair and make up so i need to practice it as i dont want to look like a clown :goodvibes I think alot of my friends are gonna crimp their hair so think i will attempt back-combing mine, we'll see how it turns out really.

Really looking forward to it though!!

Have you got any plans for your hen do yet?

wow that sounds like a great night!
My sister got a limo to London (from Kent) for her 21st, she said it was so much fun.. everyone in town will try peak in the windows at you! :goodvibes

I have suggested to my MoHs (sister & cousin!) that i'd like a spa day in Brighton then dinner & cocktails.. will have to wait and see what they plan for me!
As we're getting married in June, I think we'll plan it for a May bank holiday weekend for the hen do.. give everyone a three day weekend to recover :cutie:!

Is the stag do the same weekend?
DF wants to go to horse-racing for his, maybe the Grand National or the Derby!

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter