Nick, Marie, The Diva's & Me!! Finally Finished 10-20-13!!

After exiting POTC, I went and checked us in for our lunch. I requested a waterside table and knew we would have a bit of a wait. They handed me a buzzer/pager that is good if you hang around in the stores close to the restaurant. So we did some looking around.

130-2.jpg

Nick wanted this picture....I guess on our other trips, he hadn't seen the Club 33 entrance.

132a.jpg

We looked around and Marie tried on one of the cute little hats!

129-1.jpg

129a.jpg

131-1.jpg

132-1.jpg

After looking around for a bit, we headed back to the lobby area of the Blue Bayou to wait to be paged. I believe we were seated by 2:15 for our 2pm ressie.....which wasn't bad considering we wanted a waterside table.

133-1.jpg

135-1.jpg

A couple shots....very dark

136-1.jpg

138-1.jpg

139-1.jpg

We started with the gumbo.

140.jpg

Marie had the Buccaneer's Boneless Short Ribs.

141-2.jpg

I had the Royal Street Seafood Jumbalya.

142-1.jpg

Nick had the Le Special de Monte Cristo.

143-1.jpg

The food was delicious!! Eating here is a nice experience, but the prices are pretty steep.....so we save this for special occasions. Speaking of.......Nick & Marie were presented this little treat to celebrate their engagement.

145-2.jpg

144-1.jpg

The meal with the AP discount, tax and tip ran us~~$114.50

Love the BB update! Hubby and I went there on our 2010 (I think) and loved it of course! It was my birthday, so gave us the waterside table and the chocolate treat as well...loved our meal as well :thumbsup2 very pricey, but excellent!

Love the BB update! Hubby and I went there on our 2010 (I think) and loved it of course! It was my birthday, so gave us the waterside table and the chocolate treat as well...loved our meal as well :thumbsup2 very pricey, but excellent!

It is pricey, but worth it to do once, maybe twice......lol :goodvibes

I forgot to mention that when we were waiting to be paged for our lunch.....a couple was getting one of the sketches done and it was a surprise proposal. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the actual proposal.....but we did run into the couple on the exit of Radiator Springs Racers later in the day and and I was sure to ask if she said yes.....and she did!!! So we congratulated them both!!

After lunch, we headed to the photo shop on Main Street to show them our photopass+ card so we could get our Minnie & Friends picture package from breakfast and then have the pics added to our card. Once this was done, I headed back to the hotel to drop off the picture and then head to the Carousel Inn to help with the set up of the Meet-n-Greet party for the Divas. Unfortunately, since I ate.....I wasn't feeling the best......so I was really running late by the time I felt up to going. I ended up taking a cab over to the Carousel Inn. When I got up to the room......most of the decorating was well under way and I almost felt out of place being there. Here was the decor for the Redneck theme.

146.jpg

147.jpg

148-1.jpg

149-1.jpg

150-1.jpg

151-1.jpg

LOL......they were having to drink these down for the table centerpieces.....lol

152-1.jpg

The last 2 years, the snack table was my baby.....this year all I ended up doing was the sign ups for the snack table. These were the bags they got to use to put their snacks in. I actually contact Piggly Wiggly corporate trying to get some of their bags.....but they said I would need to contact the stores directly and I came up empty on both places I emailed....in fact, the store level never even responded to my emails.

154-2.jpg

The snack table.....more was added after I took these pictures.

155-1.jpg

156-1.jpg

157-2.jpg

A few of the beverage choices.

158-2.jpg

This was disney-super-mom/Capri's costume.....lol

159.jpg

More decor:

160.jpg

161-1.jpg

162-1.jpg

163-1.jpg

This poster was a prize for one of the games at the party. BILLY!!!!

164-2.jpg

This year's nametags.

165-1.jpg

I stayed for a short time after the ladies started to arrive. I knew the amount of ladies coming and the room size would not work for me and my anxiety. I said hello to a lot of the gals and after I got my Diva shirt for this year's theme from Melody, I left and headed back to the parks to meet back up with Nick & Marie.

003-1.jpg

Melody and her son do an amazing job on these shirts every year. I'm always in aah of how beautiful they are and all the detail work she puts into each shirt. THANK YOU MELODY!!

So after I left Nick & Marie, they found a few of the princesses over by Snow White's Grotto to the right of the castle.

166.jpg

167-1.jpg

168-1.jpg

Remember to empty your pockets of change in the wishing well, the money goes to Make-A-Wish.

169.jpg

Snow White:

170-1.jpg

171-1.jpg

Aurora/Sleeping Beauty:

172-1.jpg

173-1.jpg

Spring flowers

174.jpg

Nick & Marie headed to Fantasyland and took a spin on the teacups.

175.jpg

176-1.jpg

177-1.jpg

Next they rode Alice in Wonderland.

178-1.jpg

They stopped in the Mad Hatter's shop and Marie tried on some ears.

179-1.jpg

Their next ride was on Mr Toad's Wild Ride.

180-1.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

183-2.jpg

184.jpg

Next up was a spin on Sleeping Beauty's Carrousel.

185.jpg

186-1.jpg

Nick and Marie next hit Pixie Hollow.

187.jpg

188-1.jpg

190.jpg

192-1.jpg

193-1.jpg

194-1.jpg

195.jpg

Tinkerbell had a photopass photographer....so you'll see those pictures later on......but they did use Nick's phone to get the picture with Fawn.

197.jpg

After meeting with the pixies, they decided to blast some targets in Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.

198-1.jpg

199.jpg

200-1.jpg

201-1.jpg

202-1.jpg

When they got off the ride, Nick received my text letting them know I was heading back to the parks. So we decided to meet in the middle of the esplanade between the parks.

I met up with Nick & Marie and we decided to head back to the hotel so I could drop off my shirt and also so we could pick up jackets. Nick took pics as they had waited for me in the esplanade.

203.jpg

204.jpg

205-1.jpg

206.jpg

207-1.jpg

208-1.jpg

A pick from our room.

209-1.jpg

We went back to DCA via the Grand's entrance and headed straight to CarsLand so I could pick us up a Radiator Springs Racer's FastPass. We decided to ride Luigi's. The pictures from the rest of Day 2 came off Nick's iPhone. I decided to leave my purse/camera back in the room.

210-1.jpg

211-1.jpg

212.jpg

213-1.jpg

After flying on the tires, we grabbed some water and took a rest in the Cozy Cone area and waited for our FP time to arrive. This was my first time (well actually Nick & Marie's as well) riding RSR at night.....we never got that opportunity in December.....the ride went down for hours the night we were waiting to ride it. So I was pretty excited. I was NOT let down......it was AWESOME!!!!!

44876150003.jpg

I don't have anymore pictures from today. After our ride on RSR, we headed through the wharf area and over to the pier. Nick & Marie rode California Screamin'. I opted to just hang out and watch. I used to ride this....but I have such a fear of it breaking down and having to "walk" off one of the hills!! :scared1: So I let them go......lol

44876150007.jpg

We next rode Toy Story Midway Mania and Ariel's Undersea Adventure. At this point, we were all hungry....so we headed to White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian.

We got a sandwich (Nick & Marie were going to share) and I got a fruit plate. We got 3 drinks and 2 bottled sodas to keep in fridge for the next day. The food.....not so great.

Sandwich, Fruit Plate, 3 fountain drinks, 2 bottled drinks with tax and AP Discount ~ $29.68

We went back to our room to eat, watch World of Color and also cut into Nick & Marie's cake. It was good.....but would have been much better if it had been cold vs room temp. We made room in the fridge for the cake so next time it would be cold.

I am endlessly amazed by and in awe of how committed to the theme the Divas are when putting together their parties! I can see why it takes a whole year to prepare for these events - not just to get everyone coordinated and activities arranged, but to follow through on these fabulous themes.

Anyway, the little touches and decorations around the room crack me up!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's too bad that you were not able to be more involved in the planning of the party/Meet this year-- because, as I have told you before, you would make an excellent party/event planner, and this sort of thing is right in your wheelhouse! In fact, if I had money and were trying to plan a party with a specific theme, I would definitely hire you to take care of the planning!

The t-shirt (Diva Springs) may be my favorite of all the ones I've seen from previous Diva trips. Melody and her son are extremely talented and creative!

Pixie Hollow is such a pretty area. Even for those who have no interest in meeting fairies, it's just a nice, tranquil, scenic little spot in the park.

I am endlessly amazed by and in awe of how committed to the theme the Divas are when putting together their parties! I can see why it takes a whole year to prepare for these events - not just to get everyone coordinated and activities arranged, but to follow through on these fabulous themes.

Anyway, the little touches and decorations around the room crack me up!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's too bad that you were not able to be more involved in the planning of the party/Meet this year-- because, as I have told you before, you would make an excellent party/event planner, and this sort of thing is right in your wheelhouse! In fact, if I had money and were trying to plan a party with a specific theme, I would definitely hire you to take care of the planning!

The t-shirt (Diva Springs) may be my favorite of all the ones I've seen from previous Diva trips. Melody and her son are extremely talented and creative!

Pixie Hollow is such a pretty area. Even for those who have no interest in meeting fairies, it's just a nice, tranquil, scenic little spot in the park.

I think the parties get bigger and better each year. The group size keeps growing too.....so I'm not sure that space is going to work at the rate of growth the Diva's have been seeing.

I think with all the stuff that happened this last year, my heart just wasn't into like it was the last 2 years. We added more people to the committee and I just wasn't as involved. In fact, I wasn't even sure I was going for a while.....so others stepped up. I just felt a little lost going since the last 2 years, I did the name tags, made the snack bags and decorated the snack table. This time I didn't haven't anything to do.

This year's shirt has a lot of detail......absolutely stunning to see in the sunlight too. So many little rhinestones......wowsers!!

I love Pixie Hollow!!!

Great update! I somehow missed the update with the baskets and cake! Very nice! The cake is soo pretty! Having started doing cake decorating a bit for fun, I know how time consuming they are, so actually, I think yours was pretty cheap! :thumbsup2

That shirt is AMAZING!!! Maybe next year!

Great update! I somehow missed the update with the baskets and cake! Very nice! The cake is soo pretty! Having started doing cake decorating a bit for fun, I know how time consuming they are, so actually, I think yours was pretty cheap! :thumbsup2

That shirt is AMAZING!!! Maybe next year!

The cake was very pretty. The flowers look like silk flowers, but they are heavy.....I'm guessing sugar flowers.

Loved this year's design!!

Anthony's 12th Birthday and Disney Movie Theme Party!!!!!!

We went with CARS for the party, as this is one of Anthony's favorite movies. He loved going to CarsLand in DCA in December. He was the one that said it was like "walking right into the movie"!!.

So as he was sleeping Friday night.....Mike & I set up some of the party, so he'd be surprised when he woke up.

The centerpiece on the table. Mike had to "carjack" some of Anthony's CARS to use in the decor.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

The racing flags hung over the table.

4b.jpg

The presents (of course wrapped in CARS paper).

008-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

The jukebox for one of the games.

012-2.jpg

The itinerary (and yes, I misspelled Mater....ugh)

013-2.jpg

Anthony's birthday balloons.

016-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

Anthony got a "pre-gift". I had bought this prior to picking a birthday theme and getting his gifts at Disneyland when I was there this past trip. So I decided he could open this before the "official" party started.

021-3.jpg

023-1.jpg

Lunch was pizza~~BBQ chicken, Sausage and Hawaiian.

026-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

After lunch it was time to get started. Anthony had to wear his race hat & Pit Pass.

029-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

As I got everything together for our first game~~Anthony, Shy & Marie, Addy & Michayla waited excitedly!!

30a.jpg

30c.jpg

30f.jpg

30e.jpg

Time to play "MATER'S JUKEBOX" aka Pin the Tail........

The mini records (coasters).

032-1.jpg

033-2.jpg

Anthony was first to go.

034-2.jpg

34a.jpg

Shyann's turn.

036-2.jpg

36a-1.jpg

Addy's turn.

040-2.jpg

40a-1.jpg

Derek's turn.

043-2.jpg

43a-1.jpg

Ty's turn.

045-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

Nick's turn.

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

Marie's turn.

051-2.jpg

52a.jpg

My turn......they were teasing me about the door being open. I was having issues just moving forward in a straight line.......

056-2.jpg

56a-1.jpg

I was just a tad off the mark here!!

058-2.jpg

Mike's turn.

59b.jpg

60b.jpg

Addy ended up being the winner with Anthony a very close 2nd!!

64a.jpg

After playing Mater's Jukebox, it was time for Anthony to open his gifts. First one was from Nick & Marie......CARS Monopoly Jr.

64b.jpg

65a.jpg

Anthony then opened the card from the family. It had a CARS poster to color inside of it.

66a.jpg

He got a CarsLand CD.

68a.jpg

69a-1.jpg

69b.jpg

Shy was happy watching Anthony open his gifts.

70a-1.jpg

He got a kit to build his own CARS ride vehicle.

071-2.jpg

72a.jpg

CARS book ~~ Meet the Cars. The book cover opens up to a colorful poster.

073-2.jpg

75a-1.jpg

Last but not least......a CARS hand held game.

76a.jpg

078-2.jpg

Anthony's CARS cake.

79b.jpg

We got special candles that burn the color of the candle, unfortunately.....they work best in the dark and we did the cake mid-afternoon.

081-2.jpg

81c.jpg

Our family has a tradition of singing "Happy Birthday" as loud and off key as we can........lol

082-2.jpg

083-3.jpg

Blowing out the candles & making a wish!!!

085-2.jpg

The cake was a marble cake with chocolate butter-cream filling and iced with vanilla butter-cream. Delicious!! (but oh so sweet)

The plates & napkins.

086-2.jpg

Movie Time!!! CARS!!!

087-2.jpg

088-1.jpg

089-2.jpg

090-2.jpg

Some people enjoying watching the movie with their eyes closed.....lol

091-1.jpg

The twins were having fun!!

092-3.jpg

096-2.jpg

097-1.jpg

Totally relaxed.......

103-2.jpg

104-2.jpg

102-1.jpg

109-2.jpg

Wearing our "neon" necklaces.

111-2.jpg

112-1.jpg

113-1.jpg

115-1.jpg

118-1.jpg

Lightning McQueen's Race. You race against someone and blow a ping pong ball thru the course. First round......Addy vs Anthony:

120-1.jpg

121-1.jpg

122-1.jpg

Anthony won!

Next was Derek vs Tyler:

126-1.jpg

Tyler was the winner!

Then Nick vs Marie:

128a.jpg

128b.jpg

Nick won this round!

Then me vs Mike:

131a.jpg

134a.jpg

134b.jpg

It may look like I was celebrating the win.....but I was happy it was over!!! lol
Mike wins!

Semi's~~

Tyler vs Anthony:

135a.jpg

136b.jpg

Tyler wins and moves on to the finals!

Nick vs Mike:

136h.jpg

137a.jpg

138c.jpg

Mike wins and moves on to the finals!

*******THE FINALS, THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!*********

Tyler vs Mike:

140-1.jpg

Tyler is the winner!!!

We let Shy give it a try against Addy.

142-2.jpg

145-3.jpg

Nick played another round with Addy.

148-2.jpg

Michayla is thinking we're all nuts!

146-1.jpg

We added a game (and these pictures aren't good). You lay on the ground and blow as hard as you can to see how far you can get the ping pong ball to go.

151-2.jpg

152-2.jpg

153-1.jpg

154-3.jpg

155-2.jpg

156b.jpg

158-3.jpg

159-1.jpg

Derek won!!

Anthony, Addy, Nick & Marie played Anthony's new Monopoly Jr game.

164-3.jpg

166-1.jpg

167-2.jpg

168-2.jpg

Shy watched them play the game as she played with the money.

169-1.jpg

As the kids played the game, "Flo's Diner" was in full swing.....here's the chef!!

170-2.jpg

Dinner was cheeseburgers, fries and root beer floats!!

172-2.jpg

Some of the toppings for the burgers.

173-2.jpg

We had a fun time and Anthony seemed pretty happy with his party!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter