• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nick hotel.

iluvmickeytown

Mouseketeer
Just came back from a little get away at the Nick hotel. Had a great time. Going to try to post some pictures. Our room was very very clean. This is our second time. We stayed a few years ago. Both times we had no issues.

I am glad to hear you had a nice clean room. Did you have any issues with noise?
We are going next week to please my 6 yr old DS, who is obsessed with Spongebob. We are only spending one night, so even if it was as bad as some of the reviews make it sound I was OK with that, but it's nice to see a positive review.
I would love to see your pictures if you post them.

I am so glad to hear that. I am thinking about booking there. Some of the reviews I have read have not been very good and I was having a hard time making up my mind.

Nick hotel is annoying me before ive even got there ...they couldnt take my debit card when I tried to pay because they dont ask for any type of security code and now i bought a visa gift card to pay and that didnt work eithier!! Looks like we wont be going to nickelodeon in september if they cant figure this out. What establishment doesnt ask for the 3 digit code or use a zipcode:rolleyes:

Disdream we were in building 7 fifth floor right in front of the sliming. The lagoon pool is much noiser then the oasis. It was a little loud when they were doing something special. But it only last like 15 min tops. Ther rest of the time it was fine. Let me see if I remember how to post pictures.

nickhotel028.jpg

nickhotel032.jpg

nickhotel068.jpg

nickhotel073.jpg

We stayed there 2 summers ago and we liked it. The kids LOVED it. We had one of the Dora and Diego bunkbed rooms and the kids totally loved that set up. We were by the Oasis pool, which was fine, but I think it would have been better to be near the other one just for proximity to everything, but it wasn't a big deal at all. And my kids were little so they didn't care about sliming so the Oasis pool was just fine for them.

Thanks for posting your pictures ! It is great to see some 'real' pics. We are booked for a one night surprise visit at the end of our vacation. Looks like a fun way to end things off for the kiddies.
WRT your room, was it a special room or is it pretty standard ? We have a two bedroom standard kingsuite king/bunk booked... can I expect it to be themed ? Your room was much nicer (and newer looking) than I expected...

TIA!:banana:

Glad you had a good time. We were there a couple of weeks ago and had a good time too. We were on the second floor on the side of the slides. Our room was a Jimmy Neutron themed instead of Sponge Bob. It also had bunk beds. My oldest, 13 didn't fit in them comfortably so he slept on the pull out sofa bed in the living room and he said it was really comfortable. Our room was very clean. My only complaint was the king bed was too soft for us, but we were happy having our own private room.

Yes the pool was crowded, but it was expected. We were able to get chairs in the shade when we arrived at 1:00 pm. After the slimming it seemed to clear out.

We went to the resort for my son and he loved it. He still wants to go on the Nick cruise.

We stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal after our stay and I was wishing we had our room at the Nick at that hotel. We paid $149.00 for our room at the Nick and felt for the size of the room it was well worth it.

Sounds like fun. :cool1: I'm wondering about staying there for a night when we go in 2013. There will only be one child (three adults), so I don't think the family suites will be worth it. But we all love Nick (we've never grown up).

The regular one bedrooms sleep four, but they are not themed, correct?

Thanks, iluvmickey, your pictures look fantastic. We will be there this coming Saturday, and now I am actually looking forward to it, I know my son is going to love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter