• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NICK HOTEL Review

lovinpoohbear

lovinpoohbear
Well, we just got back from the Nick hotel and we were really disappointed with our stay. THe pool areas are great and a lot of fun but the suite itself left a lot to be desired.
We had a two bedroom Fairly Oddparents Suite. Upon arrival, the bathroom was a filthy mess. Urine streaked all over the side of the vanity, black mold on the tile around the bathtub and a big brown dirty spot in middle of bathroom floor, IT really grossed us out.
I called each day to request housekeeping take care of it. Each evening to come back to discover it wasn't taken care of.
Yes, the housekeeper replenished us w/clean bathroom towels and made the beds but that was about it.
By the third day, we went out and bought latex gloves and bleach to clean it ourselves.
Several souvenirs were stolen out of our suitcase - our disney sweatshirts that we bought at the World of Disney!!!
My kids were so upset that their souvenirs were gone...

This sounds more like a nightmare then vacation.

I would write to the management and tell them everything. Maybe they can some how try to make it up to you. It is their reputation that is on the line. I would think they would make and effort.

Hope they can make it up to you.

I actually wrote a letter yesterday and mailed it along with the pictures that i took. The most frustrating thing is that I can';t even get through to a manager or a voice mail or anything!! I get put on hold and than told no one is available to take my call. :rolleyes:

I got a letter last week from the Nick hotel apologizing for the "inconvenience" and hopes we will think of using the Nick hotel for future stays.:eek:
I did talk to my travel agent and since I had travelers insurance it covers "stolen" items. Thank god I saved my receipts from the World of Disney.
My kids were just so sad about the shirts though.

I would also post on the Trip Advisor Forum. Many people use this when planning a trip and I'm sure they'd want to know about your experience.

We stayed at the Nick Hotel about 2 years ago, just for 3 nights before we went to POR. My memories of that part of the trip are - the hotel is dirty. I didn't like the area where they feed you the "slop" in the morning. Our room was so dark - no natural light at all. We just didn't like that hotel. Some people like it and some people don't (me)

I got a letter last week from the Nick hotel apologizing for the "inconvenience" and hopes we will think of using the Nick hotel for future stays.:eek:
I did talk to my travel agent and since I had travelers insurance it covers "stolen" items. Thank god I saved my receipts from the World of Disney.
My kids were just so sad about the shirts though.

I wrote a letter about some problems that we had when we went also and got a the same letter you did. Also they double charged us for our room and unfortunately we had used our debit card so they over checked us by charging us over 2000 twice and they wouldn't even pay the fees that we received from THEIR mistake!!

You stayed in a room that was so dirty you had to get cleaning supplies and clean it your self?

That is over the top
I would have stayed at front desk until a manager went to the room with me.
Often after you leave a hotel they are not willing to make ammends.
Items were stolen out of your room.
That is a crime that should have been reported to local police.
The police would not have a chnace of returning your items but it would draw the mgmts attention to the staff.
If you are in a hotel and items are stolen call the police and waitifor themin the lobby.
You will be surprised how nice hotel mgrs are when the police are in the lobby.
I believe that you may not have complained to the right person at the hotel.

Wow. If I was renting a hotel room that was only $50/night I would have refused to accept a room with other people's bodily fluids on the walls and possibly the floor of the bathroom, let alone clean it up myself:scared1: At the prices that place charges they I would have had a manager in the bathroom looking at the mess, and he probably would have been carrying our bags to our new room.

we stayed in a room that was so dirty .

Our room was so dark - no natural light at all.

We just didn't like that room.

I know that a lot of people have bad reviews of Nick Hotel, but I have also read a lot of good reviews. I have read some bad reviews about rooms at Disney and bad experiences at Disney too. We stay at Nick Hotel every year and always have had great experiences. Our rooms have always been neat and clean. Our rooms and bathrooms never had mold. One time we needed a light bulb and one was brought right up. One time our remote needed batteries and some were brought right up. Last year I lost my debit card. It was turned over to security and put in the hotel safe. I had two hotel staff help me for over two hours until it was tracked down. They were very helpful. My kids love Nick Hotel and until I have a bad experience I will say that we always have a great time.

Wow I am so sorry you had such a bad experience.. I absolutely loved our trip last year.. We had the best time and eveything was extrememly clean.. I had a problem with the internet and had 3 guys up their helping to fix it and one was management.. I could not of asked for a better time when we went.. I would go back again in a heart beat.. Now some of the hotels I stayed at in disney were horrible.. Very dirty.. I really think every hotel is hit or miss..

I agree that I would go back again. I actually just got home last night. I stayed in Disney last year and the staff's could not compare. The Nick Hotel staff was head and shoulders above disney. From the matineance men you saw walking around to the servers and all the staff were great and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Our room was clean and organized when we got there. No matter where you go whether it is a five star restaurant or hotel you are going to have good & bad experiences to base your decisions off of.

The worst part is the pool- Kids poop in it DAILY. Ask the staff. It only shuts down for hour then back in!
I understand this happens everywhere BUT it happens here daily and the number of people allowed at the pool at one time, is just unsanitary.
Hair was tangles around my toes, fingers etc and it was NOT mine!
The water was sooo slimy from suntan lotion.

Did u look at feet after walking on rugs in room??

Glad some enjoyed this place b/c my husband and I didnt at all. The lines for kids PAID activities were hour long and they were dumb--tie dye shirts-- pick the colors and we pour while u wait.

I wasnt too impressed when we went last summer. It was crowded at the pools, the afternoon thunder really puts a damper on what you can do besides swim. The food court wasnt the greatest but..... My kids loved it! Of course we are going back for our one night annual trip again this summer. We didnt pay for spongebob room this year and I hope check in isnt a big issue- I signed up for the priority club and checked right in last year. :confused3

I would also post on the Trip Advisor Forum. Many people use this when planning a trip and I'm sure they'd want to know about your experience.

I agree. I always review those when planning a trip.

We haven't stayed at that hotel since it became Nick Hotel, or is it "ick hotel"?;) I have seen their rates since they took over and they're ridiculous. I figured that they must be offering something really awesome for their current rates.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter