Nick Hotel - Recommendations & Showtimes?

boogiedownwanda

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I hope you all have perfect weather as we're having here in NY.

Question about Nick Hotel:
I'm staying there for two nights before my DCL trip in April. Very afraid :sad2: due to all the negative reviews but my DS7 is begging and pleading to stay there. Has anyone stayed recently? Can you provide any feedback? I'll take the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also, if you've stayed there, do you happen to know what times they usually have their evening shows at?

Thanks much!
Wanda

Hello everyone! I hope you all have perfect weather as we're having here in NY.

Question about Nick Hotel:
I'm staying there for two nights before my DCL trip in April. Very afraid :sad2: due to all the negative reviews but my DS7 is begging and pleading to stay there. Has anyone stayed recently? Can you provide any feedback? I'll take the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also, if you've stayed there, do you happen to know what times they usually have their evening shows at?

Thanks much!
Wanda

I think most of the reviews are spot on from an adult point of view. The rooms are old and worn out and the grounds are the same way. That said, your 7 yo will love it. Lots of energy and excitement. I think it is more like a Disney Value resort with slightly bigger rooms.

We've stayed there several times and overall, it's an amazing place for kids. For us, the worst part is that if you go when they're busy, you WILL NOT get checked into your room until 4. When we had little ones that could have used a nap, it was very inconvenient. However, you have use of all the facilities there up until your room is ready. The character meals are pricey (just like Disney) but you're going for the experience! As of our last visit 2 years ago, you actually had to get tickets for the shows and some were sold out so call Nick directly and ask about shows, times and making character dining reservations! The actual food court is wonderful for everyone.

My advice is to ignore the fact that you're spending so much $$$ for being in your room such a short time and just have fun with the kids! I"ve learned to take others feedback with an open mind and experience it myself. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter