Nick Hotel- is it worth staying 1 night

tami82

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of staying here the day before we head off the Windsor Hills for the week. It would be Aug 23rd. Is it worth to stay for one night??? Im concerned about the pool hours, is this enough time and what time do they close?? Do you think there will be any specials for end of August as right now the price is near $200 & over.

We just stayed there Friday night for one night only. I guess my answer would be "how much do your children like Nick?" We paid $79 (Travelzoo special) + $25 resort fee. We arrived at noon though check-in I think is at 4pm. They said our one bedroom was not yet available but we could be upgraded at no charge to a 2 bedroom. Our room overlooked the smaller pool area. The larger pool area was being renovated. My 5 year old was thrilled to be in a spongebob room. The pools were nicely heated. The pool slides turned out to be a bust - not fast enough/slick enough for my daredevil children. They enjoyed the poolside games, and the night Nick show. If you arrive by 3 and have 4 family members (2 Adults and 2 Children age 8 or older) you can be chosen to be in the evening Nick show and someone ends up getting slimed on stage. There are craft activities (extra charge), 4D movies (extra charge), character breakfasts (extra charge). Our room was nice and the kids enjoyed it. If I was paying over $200 and it was August and extremely crowded, I'm not sure I would invest the time and money unless my children were huge Nick fans or unless I was with a group of children. It seems like it would be a really fun place for a large group of children.

Sorry - I forgot to answer the question about pool time. While we were there the water slides closed at 7 and the pool at 10. I'm sure there must be extended hours during the summer season though.

My son & I are staying here for one night because he wants to go here SOOOO bad. I just ya, am having the same thoughts - especially paying $220 for 1 night in the summer? I can stay at the Motel 6 off of I-Drive for $36 a night. It's just for my DS6 and I......

thanks very much!

It seems to me that you think they should have some sort of special during that time. I will keep checking back even if i decide to book

We stayed there for 1 night before on one of our trips. We loved it. The pool area is so nice. We stayed out there for a long time. We did the character breakfast which was also really nice. Plus we are big Spongebob fans--and they also had Patrick and Squidward.

My kids ask everytime we go back if we can stay there. Plus it's really close to disney.

I'm sure that there are those with differing opinions, but I wouldn't want to do more than two nights. I think if you arrive early, and stay to enjoy it after checkout, one night is just fine. You may want to double-check the evening show schedule though as I remember them rotating days for the evening shows/activities.

We stayed at Nick last Oct. and our rooms overlooked the main pool. I was so glad that it was only one night. It is loud and very busy. We thought we would stay the majority of the next day but took off around 11:00 to head to OKW for the rest of our stay. It is to over the top for us. The kids had fun but were ready to head out the next day. My husband said never again. When we were there the pool slides were open 9-9 and the pool until 10 or 11 I can't remeber. So if it was me I'd say save the money and stay somewhere else.

I had been wondering this too. My kids are HUGE Nick fans at the moment & I finally decided that one night just wouldn't be enough so I went ahead & did two nights. One thing I have noticed about their reservations system is the rate you get seems to change on a daily/hourly basis. When I was looking at night, I was getting almost $600 for two nights however when I happened to check again midweek during the early afternoon, the rate was $390 with the advanced purchase option. I went ahead & went for the two days - I didn't want to feel rushed & I know that my kids will love every minute of it. Maybe not so much the slides as they're still young for that but just the environment in general. So you might want to check at various times for different rates, they seem to fluctuate!

I did decide on one night before getting our condo at Windsor Hills. I would like to give anyone planning making a reservation on staying a tip.

When you call for reservations, you will most likely get the highest price first. Even going online did not give me the lowest rates, call first and talk to a live operator.

I had gotten a rate of $215 without tax or resort fee bringing it up to around $250+. I then asked the receptionist if she had a better price and then came back with a rate of $162 (again not including tax or resort fee so looking at around $200 total). I asked one final time is that the best possible rate she could give me? and then she came back with a price of $119 per night (so with resort fee & tax would be $161). I can live with that price definitely for the one night. Also this would be for the 2 bedroom bunk bed suite. I usually like to do two nights if we stay somewhere like this but with our time schedule will only allow for one night.

I did decide on one night before getting our condo at Windsor Hills. I would like to give anyone planning making a reservation on staying a tip.

When you call for reservations, you will most likely get the highest price first. Even going online did not give me the lowest rates, call first and talk to a live operator.

I had gotten a rate of $215 without tax or resort fee bringing it up to around $250+. I then asked the receptionist if she had a better price and then came back with a rate of $162 (again not including tax or resort fee so looking at around $200 total). I asked one final time is that the best possible rate she could give me? and then she came back with a price of $119 per night (so with resort fee & tax would be $161). I can live with that price definitely for the one night. Also this would be for the 2 bedroom bunk bed suite. I usually like to do two nights if we stay somewhere like this but with our time schedule will only allow for one night.

Wow, I wish all hotel reps were that easy! :lmao: :goodvibes That's almost $100 off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter