• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nick Hotel - do or don't???

Ivette1980

Mouseketeer
I am planning another trip to the world, but this time staying offsite for the first time. I have considered many places but think I'm going to settle on renting a home for a much lengthier and peaceful stay, however I would at least like to book perhaps an over night or two nights max at the Nick Hotel. Now I have read both pleasant and horrid reviews. Of course I do not want to risk falling into the horrid experience as I don't take well to mistreatment with mine and Dh's hard earned working money and probably leave in handcuffs.

Anyhoo .... here's one question Am I able to not stay there but atleast book a character meal with them? I'd probably have to do this at the latter part of my trip so that my boys aren't upset to leave and go elsewhere unless its home, but if I can avoid not staying there altogether based on what Ive read, I can just tell them they were booked but we can still have dinner or breakfast with TMNT. Hey a mothers gotta do what a mothers gotta do!

Thanks in advance. Pleae feel free to share yourexperiences good or dreadful.

Ivy

I'm pretty sure you have to stay there to do the character meals. We stayed there for one night a couple years ago. My DD was and still is obsessed with Spongebob. It was ok for one night. Our room was very nice and we loved the pools. But I felt like it was a money pit. Everything you wanted to do costed money. (Except swimming in the pool). Also, you have to book the character dinners and any shows at their customer service desk which they then try to sell you something else. It was fun once but we won't do it again.

Thanks ... that's what I figured. And I already feel like I'd feel the same - once is great but never again. MY DS is 11 so by the time we return after this trip he'd probably won't mind. I'd like to try different areas of FL anyway. Thanks for your input.

Did it once, never again. Now granted...we had just finished a week long trip at BLT in a 2 bedroom, so just about anything after that was bound to be doomed. But we decided to spend a couple days there "for the kids" who were Spongebob nuts at the time. They had a blast!

I just remember the a/c not working properly and the horribly thin "carpet" stuck to your foot on every step. The pools were crazy crowded with kids going wild with little to no adult supervision. There appeared to be families of 6, 7, 8 kids and no adult in site and they pretty much just did whatever they wanted. The life guards tried to enforce rules but there was no adult supervision and the kids just ignored them.

Maybe our expectations were too high, we have been spoiled by Disney's customer service. There was none here.

Maybe our expectations were too high, we have been spoiled by Disney's customer service. There was none here.

Yeah I know what you mean ... I ask myself why would I stay at a place and not have high or atleast any expectations, but like I said my son is a huge TMNT fan.

Thanks for your help! I guess I have to grin and bare it just this once.

Stayed 2 times. 1 night stay, then again the following year for 3 nights. My kids loved it. They were 10/11 then 11/12. They still talk about it from time to time. We all had a great time. The rooms were a good size and very colorful and decorated.

Did it once, never again. Now granted...we had just finished a week long trip at BLT in a 2 bedroom, so just about anything after that was bound to be doomed. But we decided to spend a couple days there "for the kids" who were Spongebob nuts at the time. They had a blast!

I just remember the a/c not working properly and the horribly thin "carpet" stuck to your foot on every step. The pools were crazy crowded with kids going wild with little to no adult supervision. There appeared to be families of 6, 7, 8 kids and no adult in site and they pretty much just did whatever they wanted. The life guards tried to enforce rules but there was no adult supervision and the kids just ignored them.

This too was our experience! From sticky carpet to the hoards of kids being rude throwing golf balls etc. I would stay one night for the kids, and move on. My kids loved the double dare game, but no explanation was given on how to sign up so we missed out.

We still talk about that trip and would say don't let the kids miss out on a fun time. They won't remember the gross stuff, just the fun :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter