• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nick Hotel Character Breakfast

anditoo72

DIS Veteran
I have read reports in the past when they first opened that this isn't worth the money. Has anyone been recently? What did you think?

Yes we went ablut a wek ago.
The kids eat free and the Adults are $9.95.. We went about 9:30 and the food was great.
don't miss it..
carla

Wow the kids eat free even in the Character Breakfast now? Last time I heard the kids fee was 8.95 and the adults 16.95 for the character breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed it. Do you sign up for it at the front desk?

IT was a free promo in September when we went- the food was pretty bad. I stuck to some pancakes (some were hard asa rock) bagels, and fruit. Characters were fun for the kids- but it's nowhere near worth paying for both parents and kids- at least at disney I can eat the scrambled eggs!

Hi it's me again,
We were there in DEC. and Kids were still eating free.
Our food was great. we had sausage and bacon and gravy and eggs.and pancakes and lots of fruit.
for the prices I thought it was great. The Characters were all over the place. Lots of pictures.
This wasn't a five star meal but we weren't expecting it to be.......
If when you go the kids are still free I'm sure you will get your moneys worth.Hey your kids will love it....
I sure wish I was back there now!!!!!!!!!!!
Carla

Hi, I just booked this for our March trip. The kids aren't free in March. :blush: I can't remember what they said, but adults are about $17, and maybe kids are $9??

Anyway - What characters are there??? We are just staying our arrival night at the Nick hotel (my kids are ecstatic after seeing continuous Nickolodean commercials on the hotel!) and I thought before we checked out we would have fun at the bfast.

THANKs for any info! I don't really care how bad/good the food is - I am a Chef Mickey's vet, lol, and have had some pretty bad meals there! ;)

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

Lives4Disney said:
We are just staying our arrival night at the Nick hotel (my kids are ecstatic after seeing continuous Nickolodean commercials on the hotel!) and I thought before we checked out we would have fun at the bfast.

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

Are you only staying 1 night in March? Last time I tried calling - I was told they have a min 2 night reservation policy for March - I think this was a few weeks ago. We were hoping to stay there our last night.

Also if you are not staying at the hotel can you do the character breakfast? My daughter is a huge Dora fan and would love to see her and Spongebob.

MEredhead said:
Are you only staying 1 night in March? Last time I tried calling - I was told they have a min 2 night reservation policy for March - I think this was a few weeks ago. We were hoping to stay there our last night.

Also if you are not staying at the hotel can you do the character breakfast? My daughter is a huge Dora fan and would love to see her and Spongebob.

Hi, yes we are only staying one night in March. We arrive at MCO LATE on March 23, so instead of spending $400+ on PBH, I figured we would try the Nick hotel. My kids have been dying to! I just called yesterday afternoon and made the ressie. They have them available online, too. I did the SpongeBob 2bdrm suite (I have 3 kids) and they love SB. I just wanted one night because I have had really BAD luck choosing hotels based on pics and other reports, so I didn't want to invest too much into this one, either.

I am almost positve you have to be staying at the Nick hotel to use the character bfast there. They asked me for my hotel confirmation number when I made the bfast ressie and they looked up my name that way.

Lives4Disney :earsgirl: (Mom to another huge Dora fan!!)

hi we were there in dec 1-4.
during the weekdays, kids ate free at the breakfast and we canceled our reservations for that sunday - it is not worth the money to pay for everyone.
the characters we saw were spongebob and patrick, rugrats tommy
angelica, chuckie- and dora
they came around to each each table except for spongebob.
we were disappointed that there were no fairly oddparents characters.
the food was not that good, but worth twenty bucks for two adults.
hope this helps

We were at Nick Dec 5-8th and had a great time. We only did the character breakfast the last morning because I was under the impression it was expensive and you needed reservations. When I called down our last morning they told me to just come on down- we only paid 9.95 for adults and kids were free doing the week. All characters came to the table except Spongebob, who had a corner where you could greet him- I think because of his costume size. We saw Dora, Rugrats and Patrick. The food was good- not nearly as bad as I expected from what I had read prior to our trip and the hotel was empty during our stay.

I'm staying here in Oct. Can I call the hotel to make this character breakfast reservation? How are you finding out if the free breakfast is running in your month. I would love to find out.
:paw:

This is where we want to stay in April---Can someone give me a good report on the amenities, etc? We already have Universal/IOA tickets--are the pools outside?

The pools are outside and heated in Dec. I called the hotel to find out. Don't know anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter