Nick hotel 400.00!!!!!

TyNicJen said:
Well we are down to 332.00. This is with mouse savers discount. Big deal. Terbear4 do you know what the discount was? Maybe we could still use it.
I will call again tomorrow and see what they say to those prices you quoted. Thanks for all the help. :goodvibes :love: much appreciated! :)

Read thru this thread Nick Discount

Some were able to use the discount and some said they were having troubles. I think the key is to keep calling and checking back. I didn't have any problems and was sure to print out my confirmation to bring when I arrive and check-in. Keep us posted!! Good luck!

Holy cow! I didn't realize that hotel was so expensive! I've never checked into it, but I guess I just assumed it was similar in price to the Disney All Stars!

Looks neat though, especially for my almost-2-year-old SpongeBob/Dora freak!

Right now, on the www.nickhotel.com site, if I put in your dates of June 28-30th, and 2 adults and 3 kids, the advance purchase price of a 2 bedroom kidsuite with spongebob upgrade shows $315. The "discount" rate is $332, and "best flexible rate" is $349. I don't see any $399 rates at all. And these are like the highest possible rates, booked through them with no discount. Even so, over 300 bucks for that is just insane. It has exterior corridors, holiday inn type furnishings (although with a spongebob paint job)......please don't pay that. Look for one of the under $200 deals if you really want to stay there. For over 300 you could either be on the monorail inside Disney in a very luxurious room, or in a Ritz-Carlton or a large room at the Portofino right inside Universal.

That seems so high for a hotel that has had so many bad reviews. We just rented a 4 bedroom house with a pool/hot tub for $100 per night and 5 min from Disney. What could be better?

My kids REALLY begged for the Spongebob room. I just told them if they didn't get the Spongebob room than they could do Nick Spa, as well. They are girls though (hairwraps, airbrush tattoos, manicures, etc) and do a character breakfast.They checked out the pool cam online and soon enough forgot about Spongebob rooms. LOL
Maybe try that? You (and your kids) would at least get more of your moneys worth. The character breakfast usually has Spongebob as a visitor, anyway.

Those prices are way too much. I am so glad I bought DVC. Goodluck and I hope you get the rate you want.

The 399.00 was Last weekend price. It has gone down a little to 349.00. I know it's expensive but I look at it as getting two days at a water park for 5 poeple and nightly entertainment with characters for the 1 night price. :cool1:
We will get there by 11:00 and stay late on check out day. :teeth:
The kids will Love it and I'm not trudging through a Park that day in 90 degree weather. :thumbsup2
Still, I'm at the outrageous price. Hope it goes down. :rolleyes1

Consider this - if your family is going to WDW, and will spend a considerable time in the parks, why not find a less expensive hotel, which still offers the pool etc... and use your money for something else? We have five daughters, grown now, and when we took them to WDW, we always found a nice but less expensive hotel, and used the money for food, small souvenirs etc... which they always appreciated.
If cost is not an issue, then stick with the Nick Hotel, but if cost is an issue, then perhaps your children can understand that your money would be spent more wisely for something else, simply by saying this is where Dad and I have chosen because we know you'll have a wonderful vacation. Just a thought!
Since we paid for the vacations, we were sensitive to our children's feelings, but also aware of what our wallet could handle.
Good luck with whatever you decide. :thumbsup2

We spent $353.00 total for a week at the Fountains about 2 miles from the Nick Hotel last fall. It had 2 bedrooms-3 TVs-indoor/outdoor pool with children's activities.

I would not spend the equivalent of 3 months of house payments to sleep 5 nights at the Nick Hotel.

I don't know how many kids you have but Nick Hotel has a Mothers DAy Special 2bd suite $149.00 booked in month of may. Based on avaliability so ck it out soon :hourglass

Update :teeth:
thanks to my sweettness We've got it down to 174.00. :cool1: MUCH more doable.
Now I can actually look foward to it a little. :goodvibes We will go for 2 days after we spend a few days at Disney.
Thanks Mysweettness and all the Disers out there! :thumbsup2
Will keep looking thought you never know :rolleyes1

If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to get it down to $174? We are going June 25 for two nights and the rates are still close to $300.
Thanks

I just happened to click on this thread again and seen TyNicJen with her nice rate of $174. I clicked right on to the 3rd page so was wondering how that came about. Clicked to the 2nd page and found out about the mother's day special. I already had my 2 nights reserved from 7/19 to the 21st total was $544.12. i just called and got that mothers day rate of $174 and for 3 nights and my total is now $582.03. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Although while writing this I noticed I have to change it to the 18th to do the 3 nights, the 21st we check into the Pop Century.
Thank everyone :banana: :banana: :love:

Thank you so very much. I just called and was able to get the $174 special rate for our night.

I just tried to modify my price to the mothers day special rate and they are telling me I can't because their are no rooms left. I tried to explain to them that I don't need availability, I already have the reservation I just want to price modify and they won't let me.

:cool1: NO PROBLEM ....$174.00 that beats $400.00 anyday Glad I could help!!!!!!!!! Have a GRRREAT Vacation..

:cool1: NO PROBLEM ....$174.00 that beats $400.00 anyday Glad I could help!!!!!!!!! Have a GRRREAT Vacation..
Oh and Happy Mother's Day :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter