Nick Cordero has passed away

I just saw that so sad. Prayers for his wife, child, and all those who loved him.

Last edited:
This. TBH, the thought crossed my mind a few times that keeping him alive via all these artificial and intensively invasive procedures was somewhat cruel. I mean, I really hope he had a medical directive that stated that he wanted ALL possible interventions done and that this wasn't a case of his family refusing to let him go in peace. I mean, 90 days in the ICU, and from the sounds of it, 90 days of absolute misery. I wouldn't want to go through all that. It's a sad story, but I hope he didn't suffer through it all.

One of the "things we keep putting off, never have time to do, but now we are on lock-down and have time to do" was finally doing our living will back in March. Only his family know what his wishes may have been , though most likely like most young, healthy people would have never imagined being in this position. It seems he got the worse case scenario of Covid.

I never heard of him, but kept up to date as I read People online.. One could not avoid his story. I feel bad for a baby who will never know his dad and his wife.. But to be brutally honest, death for him was most likely a blessing.. One does have to look into quality of life. His wife was very positive, God bless her, but the reality looked grim.. Major weakness, weight loss, leg amputated and need for a double lung transplant... and being kept alive on machines for 90 days..... I have never been in that position as a family member nor ever hope to be, but letting go is often a gift to those suffering.

VERY SAD! I followed Amandas posts throughout his long battle with Covid..Such a young life, so sadly taken away with a beautiful wife and absolutely adorable son.
May he rest in peace now from his long illness and may his family be comforted by all the wonderful memories that they shared. :rose:

So for all the young non believers that the pandemic is real who "can't be bothered to put on a mask" to protect themselves and others,(perhaps the vein non mask wearers don't like the way they look in the mask, after all its all "about them" or come up with some other weak excuse as to why they don't want to "save a life") who are packing bars with no regard for social distancing, who are protesting shoulder to shoulder all over the country, this is living proof that Covid can certainly be deadly, this is a very sad example of our reality. Nick suffered tremendously throughout his battle.
No one is immune from this horrible plague.

My friend told me over the weekend that Nick Cordero needed a double lung transplant. My response to her was that if there is anyone out there, no matter their age, who doesn’t think COVID -19 is VERY serious, they need to read Nick Cordero’s story. The really scary thing is that we don’t know how our bodies will respond to this virus. Any one of us could respond just like Nick Cordero. We don’t know.

It is heartbreaking to hear that he has passed away. ☹

So sad. Heartbroken for his family, esp his baby.

RIP, Nick. You fought so courageously.

😢

So so sad. Just saw it on the news. I have been following along and looking for any updates on him. So young, May he Rest in Peace. Heartbroken for his wife, baby and loved ones.

whats really terrifying in the article is that he kept testing negative for the virus, 2-3 times negative,then positive.... what does that say about the accuracy of testing? I know lots of people who get the test and are negative, so it means nothing?

whats really terrifying in the article is that he kept testing negative for the virus, 2-3 times negative,then positive.... what does that say about the accuracy of testing? I know lots of people who get the test and are negative, so it means nothing?
My sister is an Infectious Diseases RN and has told me there are a lot of false negatives. She told us when we were tested because we had most of the symptoms and the results were negative to assume we had it, because a lot of the tests were inaccurate.

What’s crazy is that he was young but also Hispanic. It seems to be hitting the hispanic & black communities harder. Personally, I don’t know anyone who has died who was young who was not either hispanic or black (although I know there are plenty). It’s been thought that it was poverty & access to care that makes these communities more vulnerable. While I’m sure that’s true, I also wonder if it’s something else genetically. So sad 😔.

May he rest in peace now from his long illness and may his family be comforted by all the wonderful memories that they shared.

At least, his wife got to talk to him a couple times when he came out of his coma. I've seen too many local stories where people have been forced to drop off their loved one at the hospital door and aren't allowed to come inside with them. That was the last time they saw them alive. It's heartbreaking to see those stories. :sad1:

Last edited:
So for all the young non believers that the pandemic is real who "can't be bothered to put on a mask" to protect themselves and others,(perhaps the vein non mask wearers don't like the way they look in the mask, after all its all "about them" or come up with some other weak excuse as to why they don't want to "save a life") who are packing bars with no regard for social distancing, who are protesting shoulder to shoulder all over the country, this is living proof that Covid can certainly be deadly, this is a very sad example of our reality. Nick suffered tremendously throughout his battle.
No one is immune from this horrible plague.
My friend told me over the weekend that Nick Cordero needed a double lung transplant. My response to her was that if there is anyone out there, no matter their age, who doesn’t think COVID -19 is VERY serious, they need to read Nick Cordero’s story. The really scary thing is that we don’t know how our bodies will respond to this virus. Any one of us could respond just like Nick Cordero. We don’t know.

It is heartbreaking to hear that he has passed away. ☹

Unfortunately, younger people will think he's an anomaly. That it usually doesn't get that bad. :sad2:

Last edited:
What’s crazy is that he was young but also Hispanic. It seems to be hitting the hispanic & black communities harder. Personally, I don’t know anyone who has died who was young who was not either hispanic or black (although I know there are plenty). It’s been thought that it was poverty & access to care that makes these communities more vulnerable. While I’m sure that’s true, I also wonder if it’s something else genetically. So sad 😔.

Have discussed in some of the other threads.... darker skinned people come from high sun exposure areas and their genetics developed darker skin to protect them in those settings... the problem is that when they live in climates without a lot of high sun exposure and/or spend most time indoors, they don't produce a lot of Vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency is suspected to be a factor in getting the severe symptoms of Covid.

Of course, access to medical treatment is also a factor for economically stressed people too.

The story is sad... but I was put off a bit about all the wifes postings as they seemed to cross in to the attention seeking territory for herself.

Have discussed in some of the other threads.... darker skinned people come from high sun exposure areas and their genetics developed darker skin to protect them in those settings... the problem is that when they live in climates without a lot of high sun exposure and/or spend most time indoors, they don't produce a lot of Vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency is suspected to be a factor in getting the severe symptoms of Covid.

Of course, access to medical treatment is also a factor for economically stressed people too.

The story is sad... but I was put off a bit about all the wifes postings as they seemed to cross in to the attention seeking territory for herself.
Oh wow. Really? I had not seen the vitamin d thing.

I saw this last night, and it just broke me. I knew he was in terrible shape, but I just had hope. Hope he would dance again. Hope he would sing again. I am heartbroken for his wife and little boy.

people of color also tend to have more of the essential jobs. So they are exposed more. Also their living arrangements. A lot more tend to live in multi generational homes with more people so more chances of exposure.

people of color also tend to have more of the essential jobs. So they are exposed more. Also their living arrangements. A lot more tend to live in multi generational homes with more people so more chances of exposure.
No I definitely understand the social & environmental issues (I’m a social worker), but I would think those things don’t apply to this person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter