Nicest pool area

momjkm

DIS Veteran
Which good neighbor hotel (or hotels) have the nicest pool area to hang out and enjoy a Southern Cali summer afternoon? It is one 17 yr and a 40+ mom.... so the HoJo's pool would not be a draw for us, kwim?

Thanks Jill

The Anahiem Plaza Inn has a large pool, much more than the rest of the area. It doesn't have a lot of shade though.

We really enjoyed the Ramada Maingate - At the Park pool this past summer. It is a nice sized pool with palm trees around it and lots of lounging chairs. I never saw it that busy.

They are in the process of remodeling their pool area right now and the changes to come look like it is going to be even better. They have pictures on their website...just Google it.

Good luck.

My favorite (non-Disney-hotel) pool area is the one at Best Western Stovall's. There are 2 pools and 2 jacuzzis, and they're surrounded with topiary trees shaped like animals. Even in the summer when the hotel was at capacity, there were enough chairs/lounges to go around. (That has been an issue for me at other hotels...no one wants to set their towel/room key/flipflops on the ground next to the pool, yuck!) Here's a picture of the pool area:

stovpool.jpg

That round thing is the pool house where the restrooms are. There's also a shower and a rack with extra towels.

Thank you all!!! this is what I am looking for--- have a chart with things I am looking at in a hotel- pool, location, parking, I can now add this to my chart
Jill

It is one 17 yr and a 40+ mom.... so the HoJo's pool would not be a draw for us, kwim?

Just to make sure you're aware -- you probably don't care about the Pirate's Play area at HoJo. But HoJo also has a perfectly nice regular pool area, back by building 2. Nothing fancy, but a nice pool with lounge chairs, etc.

-Bob

The quiet pool at Anabella looked GORGEOUS from the outside. We had a 3 year old with us, so didn't use it, but I wanted to!

And just echoing GrandBob, the ONLY pool at HoJo is a normal pool in the "garden" area. They have a toddler pool and a hottub at the Pirate area, but no pool. I think it's rather pretty at the pool, actually.

The residence inn garden grove has a nice courtyard/pool - but it's not walking distance.

I will keep my eye on this post! Part of our trip is ALWAYS relaxing by the pool, and so many of them seem TINY.

We stayed at the HOJO last time, the adult pool was pretty decent. Not pretty or fancy, but clean and we could always find a chair.

I will have to check out the ramada that's getting the pool reno! Stovall's has been on my maybe list since I've seen spacemermaid recommend it so many times.

Which good neighbor hotel (or hotels) have the nicest pool area to hang out and enjoy a Southern Cali summer afternoon? It is one 17 yr and a 40+ mom.... so the HoJo's pool would not be a draw for us, kwim?

Thanks Jill

We've stayed here in the past. Sheraton Park...has an outdoor bar by the pool and they will serve you food out there as well...

http://www.bing.com/travel/hotel/details?lid=YN102x200689452&q=hotels in Anaheim, California&cim=2011-02-18&com=2011-02-20&a=2&r=1

Just to make sure you're aware -- you probably don't care about the Pirate's Play area at HoJo. But HoJo also has a perfectly nice regular pool area, back by building 2. Nothing fancy, but a nice pool with lounge chairs, etc.

-Bob

Thanks... I did not know this... very good to know. HoJO is BACK on the list lol...Jill

Thanks... I did not know this... very good to know. HoJO is BACK on the list lol...Jill

Yep, a totally separate area with the garden pool! It is super nice, we loved both pool areas :)

The Anaheim Plaza does have a big pool, but I would not recommend that hotel at all. The concrete around the pool and hot tub area are not in the best of shape either.

The Anaheim Plaza does have a big pool, but I would not recommend that hotel at all. The concrete around the pool and hot tub area are not in the best of shape either.

However the pool area was rehabed in the fall. I saw it while it was happening so I don't know how it looks after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter