Nicest Hotel on Harbor for Anniversary

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
I have an anniversary (25 yrs :cool1: ) coming up and we plan to spend at Disneyland. Disney hasn't released January prices yet...but I am toying with the idea of saving tons of cash by staying off-site. I want to be on Harbor within walking distance if we do...

So...is there a hotel you'd recommend for such a special occassion? I stayed at the Fairfield and the Ramada and both were perfectly acceptable for a visit..but not extra special for an anniversary.

I would suggest Embassy Suites South, it is on Harbor just a little past the Candy Cane Inn. Super nice, every room is a suite, free hot breakfast buffet every morning and in the afternoon you get free coctails and snacks.

I would suggest Embassy Suites South, it is on Harbor just a little past the Candy Cane Inn. Super nice, every room is a suite, free hot breakfast buffet every morning and in the afternoon you get free coctails and snacks.

Thanks..I'll check that out.

We've liked Embassy (we stayed in chicago, the same layout) but be forewarned that the echo from the atrium is very loud in the living room area of your suite. Though we didn't have a problem in the bedroom area with noise. The breakfast is fantastic! I've also had great experiences at Hampton Inns around the country.

I just got back from a 3 day mini-honeymoon, and we stayed at the Park Vue Inn (it's right across the street from the crosswalk, and now has Cold Stone's in front of the lobby). We spent $159/night for the Spa Deluxe room, or whatever they call it. Granted, we are not picky, but this was by far our favorite hotel stay ever. It has a two person jacuzzi tub, with mirrors all over the place. There is a good-sized bathroom (with one sink) and a second [kitchen?] sink just outside the bathroom next to the mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Oh, and has a king-size bed. Granted, the comforter was still standard hotel room stuff, but the sheets and pillows were great. It was perfect, romantic, and so close to Disneyland. Oh, free parking, too. I highly recommend Park Vue Inn for a special occasion.

Rosie, the Embassy Suites is a LONG way from the park (not really walkable.) You could look into the Candy Cane Inn:

www.candycaneinn.net

Or the Sheraton Park might be a nice alternative. It's a bit farther to walk, but not UNdoable for adults. The Sheraton Anaheim is nice, too, but not on Harbor, and you'd have to utilize the shuttle.

However, you might want to call Disney reservations and see if they can work out a deal at a Disney property with you. January is a slow season, and you never know what might show up on their computer screens if you are persistent. My DH and I did an anniversary trip to the GCH once and it was worth EVERY penny! Really a gorgeous place, and you feel so pampered.

I agree with the OP, if you are looking for a walking distance hotel the only one I can think of that is what you are looking for would be Candy Cane Inn. Check out the reviews and pics of it at tripadvisor and their own website. Looks very pretty and clean. We haven't stayed there because it's a bit of a walk for our family with little kids. Happy Anniversary and Good luck on your hotel choice!

Rosie, the Embassy Suites is a LONG way from the park (not really walkable.) You could look into the Candy Cane Inn:

www.candycaneinn.net

Or the Sheraton Park might be a nice alternative. It's a bit farther to walk, but not UNdoable for adults. The Sheraton Anaheim is nice, too, but not on Harbor, and you'd have to utilize the shuttle.

However, you might want to call Disney reservations and see if they can work out a deal at a Disney property with you. January is a slow season, and you never know what might show up on their computer screens if you are persistent. My DH and I did an anniversary trip to the GCH once and it was worth EVERY penny! Really a gorgeous place, and you feel so pampered.

Thanks, I did a hotel seach yesterday and realized the Sheraton was not within walking distance. I'll look into the Candy Cane and I will also look into the DL Hotel. Someone suggested today that maybe a 1/2 and 1/2 arrangement might be a good compromise (with the DL hotel being last so I won't go from wonderful to so-so).
I am considering an AP, which may help in pricing too. It's just so hard to wait for those numbers to come out.

With the Annual Pass rates at the 3 disney Hotels -- I would try there and purchase an AP for your stay. Maybe you can even plan an early Anniversary Trip next year :). I have only stayed at PP and DLH, I like the DLH a bit better. Would try the GC if you can get a AP& rate.

Have fun

Rosie, the Embassy Suites is a LONG way from the park (not really walkable.)

While I agree that the Embassy Suites is nice (although I'd request a room away from the noisy elevators) I entirely agree that it is much too far to walk. The places within close walking distance are more along the line of motor inns. Depending upon the conferences at the time, Marriott or Hilton can be nice (although it's been awhile since I've stayed they). The walk can feel long after a day at the park (but much closed than ES), but not so bad when the parking lot behind DCA is open (is that the Timon lot?) and you can catch the parking lot tram. That parking lot isn't always open though. Some people hate splitting their stays, but I think it's a good option. If you decide to go that route, there is another reason to stay on-site the second half of your trip. You can get more EEs if you use regular multi-day park hoppers. You can use your early entry while you are staying off-site. Then can do EE again when you are staying on-sight by showing your hotel slip.

For your Anniversary, I would stay at the Candy Cane Inn in one of their Premium rooms. This is from the Candy Cane website:

Our Newest Arrival
The Candy Cane Inn is pleased to introduce the addition of a brand new room type, the Premium Room, to delight and pamper you and your family!!

Upgraded Deluxe Room featuring:
Two Queen-size Beds
Microwave Oven
Video Cassette Player
Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
Spa Quality Personal Care Items
In Room Safes
Bath Robes

Welcome Amenity
Complimentary Video Rental
Nightly Turndown Service
Daily Complimentary In-Room Breakfast Service
Extended Check-Out to 2 p.m.
Complimentary Paper delivered daily

This way you can get a little pampered.

We just got back from our anniversary in June. We stayed at the Ramda Inn Maingate and had the honeymoon suite. It was I think $120.00 a night. We called in and asked if they would lower the price and they gave us the $120 rate. I think it is usually $149--who knows....anyway it is the room above the office. You go up the stairs and there is a metal gate that opens and you have access to a long balcony. They have two chairs and a table that you can use. Your room is right there. We liked it because it was our own personal space. You can sit out on the balcony and watch the fireworks. It was one large room with a bed, table and chairs. They had a tv a microwave and fridge. In the bathroom there was a jacuzzi tub for two. It was nice to soak your feet after walking all aound DL :)It wasn't the ritz but we enjoyed it :)

Howard Johnson has a pretty nice suite with a King bed, a balcony and a DL view. I was trying to pull it up on their website but I couldn't. If you call the hotel directly and talk to Lorealle, she would be delighted to help you out.

Thanks, I did a hotel seach yesterday and realized the Sheraton was not within walking distance. I'll look into the Candy Cane and I will also look into the DL Hotel. Someone suggested today that maybe a 1/2 and 1/2 arrangement might be a good compromise (with the DL hotel being last so I won't go from wonderful to so-so).
I am considering an AP, which may help in pricing too. It's just so hard to wait for those numbers to come out.

I believe the Candy Cane is actually a SHORTER walk (or pretty nearly the same) as the DLH, plus you've got the shuttle option when you want it.

If you're going to split your stay, definitely look into the GCH. It's close, it's a treat and it's very romantic. It's your 25th anniversary, after all! Splurge!

HEre are some pictures from both that I took:

Candy Cane (this is their smallest room):

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

GCH:

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Lobby fireplace:
DSCF0013.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter