Nicest hotel for Sea World/Discovery Cove trip?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
Will also do Aquatica. I see there are many hotel partners. Which are nicest for a family?

Will also do Aquatica. I see there are many hotel partners. Which are nicest for a family?
We just stayed at Marriott Harbour Lake, which was excellent.

Rooms a bit smaller than Bonnet Creek, but very nice finishes. The pools and activites are great, especially for kids.

We picked the Residence Inn Seaworld because of the room amenities (full kitchen, separate bedroom) and the fact that wireless internet and a hot breakfast buffet were both included in the nightly rate. There's a big pool and its an onsite hotel meaning there's free transportation to all the SeaWorld parks (SW, Aquatica and DC).

Haven't stayed there yet (our visit is in December) but it was the best fit for our family. We have stayed at other Residence Inn properties and been very satisfied.

If you want to be right there,like a 4 minute walk to Sea World try the Rennaissance Orlando at Sea World or the Hilton Garden Inn,both are literally on the other side of the Sea World parking lot.

Have stayed at the Doubletree Sea World several times. Stay in the tower rooms, higher will allow you to see the fireworks. Hotel is across the street from Aquatica.

Really depends a lot on your budget. The new(er) Hilton Orlando is nice and has a nice lazy river, the new tower at the Peabody is nice, and the Hilton Garden Inn Sea World is also very good.

Rosen Shingle Creek is very nice as well, and often comes up on Priceline for $44-60/nt.

Jim

Probably the nicest hotel walking distance to everything would be the Renaissance (nice four star hotel). This is a beautiful property and gets terriffic reviews on Trip Advisor too. On a smaller budget, the Hilton Garden Inn next door is a great little property (three star hotel -- I've stayed here many times). The nice little pool and hot tub, great kid meals for room service that are only about $5, etc. have made this a great choice on little three night stays to do SeaWorld with DS.

If you want a little more room, the Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld is a great walking distance choice -- not sure, though, being a condo, that it's on the preferred property list. Depending on how long we are staying, a condo is something I really like on a family trip.

I haven't stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn, but DS has when he attends SeaWorld camp and I've seen good reviews. It's a too far to be walking distance, but quite close. They have shuttles, a great breakfast, and a little more space if that is appealing. // Kind of like a cross between a condo and a hotel.

Have a wonderful time. Sounds like a super vacation.

Would Wyndham Bonnet CReek be a bad choice for a non Disney trip? We will have a rental car so driving is not an issue. We prefer nice accommodations with full kitchens and need a 2 or 3 bedroom. We haven't stayed there yet but are booked for our Nov. Disney trip. Just wondering if it is too out of the way for the sea world parks.

Would Wyndham Bonnet CReek be a bad choice for a non Disney trip? We will have a rental car so driving is not an issue. We prefer nice accommodations with full kitchens and need a 2 or 3 bedroom. We haven't stayed there yet but are booked for our Nov. Disney trip. Just wondering if it is too out of the way for the sea world parks.

That would work out fine with a car IMHO if you don't mind an easy 15 to 20 minute drive. On super short trips just three nights / two days, I like to be walking distance. On a week long stay, we usually go with a great centrally located condo, and with SeaWorld being our favorite park, always do two days there.

We are staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation resort. We stayed one night last year and we loved it. It is in walking distance, we are Hilton Honors members, they have a washer and dryer in the room AND, you get Front of the Line access. :thumbsup2

We just stayed at Marriott Harbour Lake, which was excellent.

Rooms a bit smaller than Bonnet Creek, but very nice finishes. The pools and activites are great, especially for kids.

We've stayed there also, and LOVED it! Full kitchen, washer/dryer, fresh and clean, the kids had a blast at the pool every day, and it was so close (we had Super Grover Passes so got free preferred parking, which made coming and going so easy).

Also, no fee for parking (but no free shuttle either).

I would choose this over Cypress Harbor across the street only because the second bedroom has two queen beds, rather than one and a small sofa sleeper.

The Renn looks nice, but know that you pay a resort fee plus parking fee.

For us, a condo is so much more comfortable than a hotel room!

If you are truly wanting the NICEST hotel in the area, that would be either the Renaissance across the street from SeaWorld. Other options that are a little further but still close (not walking distance like renaissance) are the Peabody and Rosen Shingle Creek. The Nicest, but furthest (about 2-3 miles) is the JW Marriott/Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes.

Hope this helps.

I just got the marriot Renaissance near sea world for this weekend just for a mini weekend trip ( no parks) for 130.00 a night includes free parking and kids eat free.I have not stayed there but we just wanted a good pool to hang out by and they have that new kids waterpark they put in and it looks awsome.they even have a starbucks in the hotel which a plus for me.lol The room can book 5 with 2 queens and a roll a way, I think the rooms are pretty good size also.I am a wdw resort only girl but it looks like it will work for what we want for the weekend.

We stayed at the Renaissance for a Sea World trip and loved it. They gave us a room with a balconey facing Sea World where we could watch the fireworks at night and we loved being able to walk back and forth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter