Nicer jeans for a woman now in 40s...

wow. THANK YOU for the responses.
I'm chuckling because they opened a Maurice's about 2 miles from me in a crappy little strip mall. Like between a Dollar Tree and a liquor store. I had no idea it was a great place. :) I've driven just by it a hundred times to check out the Goodwill. (We have a really nice Goodwill.)
I can't believe I forgot about Kohl's. I do like Apt. 9 and J.Lo. stuff. I have a bunch of their sweaters and dresses in my closet. Never thought of jeans.
I was afraid to try Macy's. Was guessing they'd all be in the $100+ range. Good to know.

About 8 years ago a friend of mine gave me a lot of her Tommy Hilfiger and Gap jeans she couldn't wear anymore. After a ton of wear and, (um, two more babies...) I had to dump them. :( I don't want to spend Tommy amount on myself. You've given me great suggestions. Now to find time to shop.

OH - does anyone know if Maurice's sells talls/longs? I'm 5'9".
Yes, I'm 5'8 and I have no problem

I will be 40 in a little over a month, and my favorite jeans are some Denizin skinny jeans I got at Target for $12 on black friday 2013! I have two pairs. I bought them after going to Bloomingdales and trying on some of the $200+ jeans (I think Seven for all mankind?) that looked horrible. I am 5'4" and about 120 lbs. I think the right jeans really vary on the individual's body type.

I bought some before Christmas and while I liked them in the store they are a bit too tight. The next size up was too loose. I was disappointed. They were sharp.

We have one about an hour away. I will keep it in mind next time I go to the outlet!

Do you have a Ross Store by you? I've gotten some really nice womens levis for super cheap there.

I really like the "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" brand. They are pricey, but I have found them at places like Nordstrom Rack and Zappos on sale.

Sadly, no Ross or Nordstroms....

I'm no help - I wear Old Navy Diva jeans. They are for "curvy" figures (I have a rear and a waist, aka : hourglass figure).
I love their jeans, as they have so many different styles.

This is another brand where I'm seemingly between sizes. I hope that isn't the case everywhere!

wow. THANK YOU for the responses.
I'm chuckling because they opened a Maurice's about 2 miles from me in a crappy little strip mall. Like between a Dollar Tree and a liquor store. I had no idea it was a great place. :) I've driven just by it a hundred times to check out the Goodwill. (We have a really nice Goodwill.)
I can't believe I forgot about Kohl's. I do like Apt. 9 and J.Lo. stuff. I have a bunch of their sweaters and dresses in my closet. Never thought of jeans.
I was afraid to try Macy's. Was guessing they'd all be in the $100+ range. Good to know.

About 8 years ago a friend of mine gave me a lot of her Tommy Hilfiger and Gap jeans she couldn't wear anymore. After a ton of wear and, (um, two more babies...) I had to dump them. :( I don't want to spend Tommy amount on myself. You've given me great suggestions. Now to find time to shop.

OH - does anyone know if Maurice's sells talls/longs? I'm 5'9".

They have Long and X-Long. The X-Long is a 37 inch inseam, which is what I buy, and they are plenty long for me at 6'0". You have to order those online though. The Longs they generally have in stock, at least at the locations where I shop.

They're having a sale now - Buy 1 item get 50% off a second item (of equal or lower value). You don't have to buy 2 of the same thing (jeans for example) but you do have to buy 2 items to get the sale price.

Since you are taller (than me at 5'5" ;)), you may also like the jeans at Dress Barn.

NY&Co. I haven't shopped there in awhile but they did have jeans to fit short people if you need that. I didn't even have to hem them. Look for their sale too.

Not in that price range, but you can get coupons so they're $70ish sometimes...I live in Lucky Brand. Charlie and Sofia styles. :-)

My favorite jeans are INC brand from Macy's. Just enough stretch for comfort, but they don't end up all baggy.

Not Your Daughter's Jeans and INC jeans from Macy's. I watch for the sales as they are normally around $100. I've tried shopping at White House Black Market but of course you will only find black or white jeans and they are pricey. I haven't tried to buy jeans from Chico's as they are also expensive. They have a screwy sizing to them too. I have bought some clothes from them if they are on clearance.

I'm loving all the love for maurices in this thread. A store opened up near me a year ago and it's my new favorite place to shop. Everything fits like a glove and it's that perfect age and style for me. I can't wear Charlotte Russe anymore. But I still feel too young for banana Republic or express. So maurices is awesome. I feel like I could shop there at any age really.

White House Black market jeans are great. You can get them under $50 if you stalk the sales. They really are figure flattering.

LOFT also has decent jeans are reasonable prices.

Not Your Daughter's Jeans and INC jeans from Macy's. I watch for the sales as they are normally around $100. I've tried shopping at White House Black Market but of course you will only find black or white jeans and they are pricey. I haven't tried to buy jeans from Chico's as they are also expensive. They have a screwy sizing to them too. I have bought some clothes from them if they are on clearance.

WHBM sells blue denim as well as colored. The jeans aren't just black or white.

They have Long and X-Long. The X-Long is a 37 inch inseam, which is what I buy, and they are plenty long for me at 6'0". You have to order those online though. The Longs they generally have in stock, at least at the locations where I shop.

They're having a sale now - Buy 1 item get 50% off a second item (of equal or lower value). You don't have to buy 2 of the same thing (jeans for example) but you do have to buy 2 items to get the sale price.

Thanks. Long would likely be long enough. I'll be checking them out for sure.

Since you are taller (than me at 5'5" ;)), you may also like the jeans at Dress Barn.

Forgot about Dress Barn. They closed the one closest to me a few years go and they've dropped off my radar.

NY&Co. I haven't shopped there in awhile but they did have jeans to fit short people if you need that. I didn't even have to hem them. Look for their sale too.
thanks

Not in that price range, but you can get coupons so they're $70ish sometimes...I live in Lucky Brand. Charlie and Sofia styles. :-)
Where do you find those?

I'm loving all the love for maurices in this thread. A store opened up near me a year ago and it's my new favorite place to shop. Everything fits like a glove and it's that perfect age and style for me. I can't wear Charlotte Russe anymore. But I still feel too young for banana Republic or express. So maurices is awesome. I feel like I could shop there at any age really.
I'm loving the love for Maurice's too. It is seriously THE closest clothing store to my house (other than Walmart in the connecting parking lot). Maurice's is smack-dab between Walmart - which I am in 4 times a week - and Goodwill - where I regularly check for fancy dresses for my girls. I have only been in their doors once, and I was looking for sandals. I could walk there. I hope it works out for me. To have something so great so close almost seems like a given it won't work out.

White House Black market jeans are great. You can get them under $50 if you stalk the sales. They really are figure flattering.

LOFT also has decent jeans are reasonable prices.

I've never heard of WHBM - but I just googled it an it is in the mall about 4 miles from me. Must be in a wing I don't go down often. I do like LOFT; I've gotten some of their tops from Goodwill. LOL.

Now I just need to make time to go shopping!!!

I'm 38. I only wear White House Black Market jeans. They're expensive, but I generally get them on sale for $30-$50. I have to wear curvy jeans because my waist is small relative to my hips and their curvy style works pretty well for me.

I love clothes at WHBM, but I've never tried on their jeans. I have something to look forward to during my next visit! I do like Not Your Daughter's Jeans at Boston Store or Macy's. They are starting to come down in price.

I love clothes at WHBM, but I've never tried on their jeans. I have something to look forward to during my next visit! I do like Not Your Daughter's Jeans at Boston Store or Macy's. They are starting to come down in price.

I can't wear their pants but their jeans fit me. I have to order online though because I don't think they carry curvy in the store anymore. They have a really cute pair of gray ones on sale right now that I'm trying to stay away from:)

I found some really comfortable Levi's at Macy's last fall. They are skinny jeans but they are soft with just enough stretch to be comfortable but not so much that they bag by the end of the day. I also found a pair of black jeans there, I think they are Style and Co. They fit well too. I think they were on sale for $25 or so. I've had good luck at Kohl's in the past as well. I'm glad the skinny jeans are back in style, they fit me better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter