Nicer/Family friendly sit-down restaurants at EPCOT?

schmenge12

Earning My Ears
My family loved the Teppanyaki, but since it is being refurbished, I was looking for another restaurant that will make both the kids happy (something to see/do or a neat atmosphere) and dad and mom happy (great food). Not resistant to higher prices, but not to have the kids be bored/antsy the whole time at a super fine dining place.

Any recommendations?

San Angel Inn looks like a pretty cool place to eat with lots to see; Marrakesh & Biergarten have entertainment while eating; Garden Grill have character dining & Coral Reef has the aqurium.

Coral Reef is fun for the kids because of the huge aquarium (the food isn't so great though). If you are looking for great atmosphere and something that will hold their attention it's a great choice - the food isn't horrid or anything, just disappointing for a restaurant that has such a nice atmosphere.

Beirgarten is a blast for everyone and the food is delicious

Marakesh gets my vote -the bellydancer is great, especially if you have a younger daughter. She takes up the girls and has them dance with her. The food is decent, but not spectacular.

We've eaten almost everywhere. The least kid-friendly was France. Everything else would be great!

I will second Marakesh, my girls love the belly dancer. San Angel has a great atmosphere that we love, but the food is just so so.

Biergarten is fabulous and entertaining. Also maybe check out Garden Grill, the characters are great, atmosphere unique, and food is wonderful.

I think the Garden Grill at the Land would be a great choice! Not only is the food great but you get characters and a moving restaurant! :thumbsup2

My kids loved the Garden Grill for the characters and the food was good. They also loved San Angel Inn because we got a seat right next to the river and they waved to the boats going by. Coral Reef is also very good, we got a seat right next to the tank which my kids loved! Good luck!:thumbsup2

Our kids were 8 and 5 during our last trip to WDW. We ate as a family at the following EPCOT restaurants:
San Angel - We all loved the atmosphere and the food. We requested a table next to the water and the kids enjoyed watching the boats go by.
Biergarten - Lots of fun, live entertainment. Yummy, interesting food.
Teppan - The kids enjoyed the novelty. The food was good, but a bit bland, boring for us.
Norway restaurant - Did a princess meal. Good food and the kids adored the princesses.
Le Cellier - Very good food (I think my husband would probably rank it as number 1 as far as food goes), but probably the least appealing to the kids - they would have seen it as just another restaurant with nothing really special or interesting.
Our next trip I am hoping to try Marakesh.

My family loved the Teppanyaki, but since it is being refurbished, I was looking for another restaurant that will make both the kids happy (something to see/do or a neat atmosphere) and dad and mom happy (great food). Not resistant to higher prices, but not to have the kids be bored/antsy the whole time at a super fine dining place.

Any recommendations?

The best food (skipping Teppanyakki) is at Akershus Princess dining or at Chefs De France. My toddler has done fine eating at both. I think he liked the princess interaction at Akershus though.

Good, edible food can be found at Marrakesh in Morocco, and Rose & Crown in England.

Inedible food is at the Garden Grill. Definately skip that one.

My kids loved the Garden Grill and the PRincess Storybook Dinner. Both were a family friendly atmosphere and had excelent character interaction for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter