nice t-shirts at dinner?

lildeb724

Mouseketeer
I will be on the magic next week and was wondering about dressing for dinner. If I am wearing a pair of nice capris or pants and a nice t-shirt - I mean a solid color, no writing or design, no stains and a nice one (land's end, nordstrom, saks). Is this ok. I had a hard time finding any nice blouces this summer and don't have much in between stuff for the non formal nights.
Thanks

I am in no way the fashion dining room police, so in my opinion only, I say wear the t-shirt.

I am sure that you will get other opinions that advise against wearing it.

In the end the choice is only yours, do what you feel the most comfortable with.

As long as its not formal or semi-formal night, I say "Wear the t-shirt!" In fact, during our 4 night disney cruise, I wore nice Capri's, sandals and nice t-shirt. I was very comfortable and felt completely well blended with everyone else!

Definitely wear it. I am not a dress up type person so that is exactly what I wore before and was comfortable and fit in. You have a few that dress up every night and there were also people who wore shorts every night even though they ask you not to. Go for it !!!! :)

I agree with the others - as a non-formal night choice, the t-shirts are fine. Be comfortable.

Tammy

I agree also. I wear capris, sandals and matching t-shirts on the casual nights. I am not a blousy type person and I love gap clothing.

I had a pair of capris with decorations on the end of the pants leg and then 3 different t's that matched it. It worked great with a pair of sandals.

during our cruise a couple at the next table had their luggage lost and wore the same halter top and tiny skort each night and he was in the same situation. They had a ball each night and were never asked to leave etc. As long as you feel comfortable and it is presentable go for it

Really, "T" shirt just refers to the shape of the shirt, not the quality or dressiness.

As long as it is not a 1980's REO Speedwagon concert T-shirt or the like, I'm sure it's fine.

Some "t's" cost a lot more than my polos.

Jim

you may need a jacket or sweater - some of the dining
rooms get cool in the evening, or maybe it is just ME!

Originally posted by lildeb724
I will be on the magic next week and was wondering about dressing for dinner. If I am wearing a pair of nice capris or pants and a nice t-shirt - I mean a solid color, no writing or design, no stains and a nice one (land's end, nordstrom, saks).
Thanks

I had to LOL at the "no stains" -- only a mom would have to put that caveat in!

I tend to err on the dressier side of things, but I think a colored, plain t-shirt is fine for casual night. If you're at all concerned/uncomfortable about the decision, throw a cardigan over it and you're in twin set land.

Originally posted by jgalecpa

As long as it is not a 1980's REO Speedwagon concert T-shirt or the like, I'm sure it's fine.

or a 1980's GoGo's ripped T

LOLOL

Jim, that took me way back!

Jim,

You still have that T-shirt too?:teeth: :rockband:

Seriously, I live in "nice" T's in the summer and they look snappy with my casual skirts and flip flops. Now you know what I will be wearing!!

Gosh, I wish I could still fit into my 1980's REO concert tee. In fact, if I could, I'd wear it in the dining rooms just to show I could!

Too bad my wife turned my Styx Kilroy Was Here tour shirt into a dust rag. :mad:

Sam

True Confession time:

My wife picked an REO Speedwagon as "our song" ("I can't stop this feeling any longer")!

Forget the T-Shirt, I Got the REO wedding ring!

Jim

PS: Bonnie and Ginnie, hold your tongues!

True Confession time:

My wife picked an REO Speedwagon as "our song" ("I can't stop this feeling any longer")!

Forget the T-Shirt, I Got the REO wedding ring!

LOL! Well... I married a "sheltered" girl and when I took her to her first Styx concert, she got a headache and asked to leave early. So I took that to mean a Guns 'n' Roses or Motley Crue show was out of the question.

At least she's comfortable with Chicago and James Taylor. And if only Air Supply would tour again. :)

Sam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter