• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nice non disney restaurants

eetravel

Earning My Ears
Looking for some ideas. Will be staying at the Gaylord Palms for a few days for a conference. Will be stuck there for most of the day in meetings so looking to get away for dinners. Will be by myself, like all types of food, but don't want to eat fast food or at chain restaurants if I don't have to. Will have a car. Oh, and don't want to have to worry about reservations either. Anybody out there have some ideas?! Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Moving to the Orlando board. You will likely find more Orlando locals or offsite guests posting there.

Bahama Breeze is a great restaurant. A fun atmosphere and good food. We always eat there at least once on our trips.

Charley's steakhouse. So, so good. 4 locations I think. I know one is right across from Celebration on 192 I think.

The Orlando Sentinel has an annual Foodie Award that they bestow on area restaurants. They do a nice job of polling their readers for their favorites in a broad variety of categories as well as identifying their food critics' choices, along with runners-up in several categories. I think it's surprising that some chains make the critics' list. The 2009 Foodie Award winners, with addresses, can be found at http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/restaurants/orl-foodies-2009,0,3642824.htmlpage.

I'm interested in, but have not gone to, the restaurants owned by a local family-owned restaurant company called Talk of the Town Restaurants. They own Johnnie's Hideaway at Crossroads in Lake Buena Vista (off route 535), Charley's Steakhouse (there are three in the area), FishBones on Sand Lake Road, Moonfish on West Sand Lake, and Vito's Chop House on International Drive. Lot's of people on these boards mention at least some of these restaurants as being very good. We like the food and atmosphere at Bahama Breeze (Vineland Ave. and International Drive locations).

The Celebration Town Tavern, in downtown Celebration, is a favorite of our's, too.

Bon appetit!

Dick Taylor

I definatley agree with Bahama Breeze, its fantastic, although can sometimes get busy so if your not willing to make a reservation, there may be a short wait for a table.

We have been to Charleys steakhouse a few times, but recently we've just found it too expensive, especially if you have children, as the menu isnt ideal for young ones, yet still pricey. If your by yourself, you may have a totally different view, and if your willing to pay a bit more for your meal, the steaks are worth it.

when we went in 08 we went to Charlies one night and Black Angus - charlies was nice but it was very expensive - black angus was good food and very reasonable - if you like steaks i suggest black angus on 192 i believe its in a hotel

The Orlando Sentinel has an annual Foodie Award that they bestow on area restaurants. They do a nice job of polling their readers for their favorites in a broad variety of categories as well as identifying their food critics' choices, along with runners-up in several categories. I think it's surprising that some chains make the critics' list. The 2009 Foodie Award winners, with addresses, can be found at http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/restaurants/orl-foodies-2009,0,3642824.htmlpage.

I'm interested in, but have not gone to, the restaurants owned by a local family-owned restaurant company called Talk of the Town Restaurants. They own Johnnie's Hideaway at Crossroads in Lake Buena Vista (off route 535), Charley's Steakhouse (there are three in the area), FishBones on Sand Lake Road, Moonfish on West Sand Lake, and Vito's Chop House on International Drive. Lot's of people on these boards mention at least some of these restaurants as being very good. We like the food and atmosphere at Bahama Breeze (Vineland Ave. and International Drive locations).

The Celebration Town Tavern, in downtown Celebration, is a favorite of our's, too.

Bon appetit!

Dick Taylor

Hve been to Fishbones and was not impressed. When you check into the hotel lots of them give you coupons for one of the restaurants you mentioned above. Moonfish is on Sandlake Road and there are tons of restaurnats there including Seasons 52

Cafe Tu Tu tango would be my choice. they do have a web site.

Kae

Just about anything in Point Orlando on I-Drive, good high end chow and low-mid-high priced stuff. Try the crepe place, the cuba place and the Capital Grille.

Pacinos on 192 is pretty good when the staff is on point.

There is a chicken place that is very good on 192 next to the 7-Eleven and the Waffle House. They make something called a double down which is to die for.

I could give you other local places, but then they wouldn't be local places, and I would have to fight through hoards of you to get my chow. If I like you I may bestow a gem here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter