• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nice easy lunch after flying all night?

Robindianne

DIS Veteran
We arrive at 8:55 am and plan to be in MK for the first day. We are 2 adults w/out kids on trip #4. We have Calif Grill booked for 9 pm but want an easy going brunch time meal. Anyone have thoughts? We're at AKL but already have Sanaa booked for lunch later in the week.

TIA :goodvibes

if you will be in MK the plaza is a nice relaxing lunch w/good food and a quiet-ish atmosphere... if you want quieter, you might want to try one of the monorail resorts cafes (grand floridian cafe, kona cafe)... for a fun "kick off your trip" lunch, give crystal palace a whirl! :)

If you want to stay in MK, do either Liberty Tree Tavern or the Plaza. If you are interested in leaving MK, maybe try one of the TS places at a monorail resort. We like all of them--Grand Floridian Cafe, the Wave, and Kona.

How about Columbia Harbor House, and go upstairs to sit? Can be nice and quiet up there.

We're big fans of the Kona Cafe at the Grand Flo. In our opinion they make the best Cobb Salad on the property. It's a nice break to leave the park and travel over to the Grand Floridian for a quiet, relaxing lunch. We've never been rushed there and have always had excellent service.

We arrive at 8:55 am and plan to be in MK for the first day. We are 2 adults w/out kids on trip #4. We have Calif Grill booked for 9 pm but want an easy going brunch time meal. Anyone have thoughts? We're at AKL but already have Sanaa booked for lunch later in the week.

If you want a quiet brunch type feel and meal I don't think you will find it at MK. One of the resorts will provide that. I would check The Wave, Citircos, or something at DTD for a more adult meal.:hug:

If you want a quiet brunch type feel and meal I don't think you will find it at MK. One of the resorts will provide that. I would check The Wave, Citircos, or something at DTD for a more adult meal.:hug:

Citricos is dinner only.

By brunch do you mean breakfast or lunch type food? Do you plan to enjoy it before you go to the MK?

I agree with Tam's suggestions if you will be dining before the MK. All three are very good for breakfast or lunch. Boma is another good choice for a late breakfast but doesn't serve lunch.

If you plan to go to the MK before you eat, I would choose the Plaza or Liberty Tree Tavern. Not as relaxing as the monorail restaurants but I know I would be so tired after traveling overnight that easy would be good.

Have you tried California Grill for earlier in the evening? Or a different night? I guess I'm a wimp about overnight flights but I would be in bed by 9pm!

I agree with Colombia Harbor House upstairs. We ate there for lunch on an MK day last trip and sat upstairs. While downstairs was CRAZY we were people watching by the window. And the fish and chips were great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter