Nice cheap hotel for 1 night

DelaneyJ

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Here's my story: We are staying a the Poly for 5 nights May 31-June 5th. We are driving down from Georgia on May 30th to have full day at Disney on the 31st. (We have about a 6-8 drive depending on traffic/stops etc) We did this on our last trip and loved it. Last trip, we did Priceline the day we were driving down and got a $90 dollar rate at a nearby Orlando hotel. It was nice but I can't remember the name. Anyhooo, I am trying to see if there is a hotel that is a little cheaper. It doesn't even have to be in Orlando, just close enough to get up and have a short drive to the Polynesian. Anyone have any suggestions? We are not picky, just needs to be a clean looking, no bed bugs kinda place :)
Free breakfast would be a bonus!
Thanks for your help!!! :cutie:

I download an app called hotels tonite, used a code i found on mouesavers and got a room at the comfort suites on dec 22 for 49 dollars. Only downfall you can only do it from a smart device and the day you are going

Oooh.... Thanks for the tip! That is how we booked it last trip but price line was not nearly that cheap :)

We are booked at Hampton inn lbv using the hilton honors code (which is free if u are Hilton honors member which is also free just sign up on their website) 560041604

Staying for $70 and breakfast included :).

We have stayed at the Hilton at DTD, for 99, a night, and at the Holiday Inn at DTD for 79 a night before. Check all of the DTD hotels, some times they have a sweet deals, We enjoy walking over to DTD in the evening and stretching our legs a bit after a long car ride. For us it's a good way to get into the magic with out, going into the parks, also you can have a adult beverage if you like and just walk back to the hotel.

My friends lucked up and got a room -really a suite - at comfort inn and Suites at DTD, for 99 dollars also. They were coming from the Midwest, it worked out great they have a larger family (6), and they all were able to get into one room for the night, normally they have to get 2 rooms as the teenage boys take up alot of real estate:rotfl:

While neither offer free breakfast the walk to DTD in a couple of minutes, EOS has wonderful and less costly breakfast options also if you head out away from DTD, at the light at the end of Hotel Blvd, there is a MC"D's, and Perkins.

Hope this helps out.

Loved the royal plaza tower rooms @ DTD, we've paid as low as $69 by scanning the hotels.com and others sites

How far away are you willing to stay?

After the 8 hours on the road, you may want to be right around the corner, but if you are up to an hour on the incoming...anything as far north as Ocala might fit the bill. Gainesville has large accomodations for a lower rate (Univ of Florida), but that's about 2 hours.

Most of these hotels will provide you with a nice breakfast buffet at 6:30-7:30a and then putting you back on I-75 before 9am...

The Villages and Wildwood area seem to be more expensive, but there were some good discounts.

. Gainesville has large accomodations for a lower rate (Univ of Florida), but that's about 2 hours..

AS a Georgia Bulldog, I am not able/willing to stay anywhere in the vicinity of Gainesville. Just makes me sick thinking about it. Hehe

I think I might look into the DTD specials :).
Thanks for the tips!!!!

Check out www.betterbidding.com for Florida. You can see others accepted prices for various hotels won through Priceline. You can also figure out what the available hotels and corresponding prices are through Hotwire. I have had much success and will be doing the exact thing you are speaking of here in just a couple if weeks

Go Dawgs!

Have you try pricing the value resorts. I just priced the Pop using the AAA web sight and got a price of $96 a night.

I've stayed at 3 different Fairfield Inns during various drives to/through Orlando - the ones on Canada Ave and in the Marriott Village were pretty nice, free breakfast is included. I stayed at one in LBV on 535 this past time down and it wasn't as nice. Rooms always around $100/night.

Clarion LBV, clean and a great deal. we usually pay 50-60 dollars. we have no complaints. no parking fee either. and its only 10 min from, the poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter