Nice AP discounts for the 45th anniversary!

I think that there's a confusion here
All table services restaurant, except Victoria and Albert, have 10% discount
Aside from that, the 45 restaurants on the list posted, table and quick service, have 20% discount
The difference is that the 10% on TS and 20% on merchandise is here to stay (or until they change it) and the 20% discount from the listed restaurant is only until Sept. 30th 2017

I'm pretty sure I also saw that Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul, and Teppan Edo are also excluded from the 10%. I'll have to double check that.

So if there are 5 AP holders and 1 guest who is not an AP holder, will all the meals receive the AP discount? Or is it only the AP holder paying for the meal and up to 3 more meals. Just curious how that will work for our upcoming trip.
I assume that you just have to show 2 APs.

I'm pretty sure I also saw that Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul, and Teppan Edo are also excluded from the 10%. I'll have to double check that.

The note on the AP Website says:

*Excludes Victoria & Albert's, Le Chefs de France, Monsieur Paul and Teppan Edo

BUT ... later on it says that Teppan Edo has a 10% discount at lunch only.

So in our situation, I have a DVC platinum AP that expires January 7. My husband and daughter have DVC Platinum APs that expire on March 19th. Looks like only I will be eligible for the 13 months deal when I renew in December. As someone posted that you cannot renew more than 60 days before your AP expires. Is it correct then that even if you renew your pass 60 days before it expires the "first day" of the new pass stays the same? So if for instance I renew my pass in November, the renewal will still start on January 8th and then instead of expiring January 7, 2018 it will expire February 7, 2018?

My next question is general about renewal. We currently have DVC Platinum because went spring break this year and will be going Christmas week. In 2017 we will not be going spring break, which is in April, or Christmas, so we don't need platinum. Can I renew for DVC gold and pay the renewal price instead of the new purchase price??

Thanks

So in our situation, I have a DVC platinum AP that expires January 7. My husband and daughter have DVC Platinum APs that expire on March 19th. Looks like only I will be eligible for the 13 months deal when I renew in December. As someone posted that you cannot renew more than 60 days before your AP expires. Is it correct then that even if you renew your pass 60 days before it expires the "first day" of the new pass stays the same? So if for instance I renew my pass in November, the renewal will still start on January 8th and then instead of expiring January 7, 2018 it will expire February 7, 2018?

My next question is general about renewal. We currently have DVC Platinum because went spring break this year and will be going Christmas week. In 2017 we will not be going spring break, which is in April, or Christmas, so we don't need platinum. Can I renew for DVC gold and pay the renewal price instead of the new purchase price??

Thanks
I think the answer is "yes" to both. Your renewal date will be 2/7/2018 and you may downgrade to a Gold AP and get the renewal rate.

I think the answer is "yes" to both. Your renewal date will be 2/7/2018 and you may downgrade to a Gold AP and get the renewal rate.
I don't know if this helps, but the email I received from Guest Services seemed to state that the 13 month promotion would run through February for renewals. Now, they didn't answer my question, which was about having to activate it by January 3. Here's the email:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

When Guests purchase or renew an Annual Pass as part of this promotion, they get 13 months for the price of 12! This promotion will end on January 3, 2017 for new passes and in February 2017 for renewals.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

We just purchased AP vouchers last week for our NYE trip this year. Happy to hear that if we head to the park and exchange them we should be able to get the 13 months.
We have several ADR's for restaurants on the 20% list but will be drinking at some of them.....
debating the TIW purchase now---
Maybe my wife and I can actually take a short trip next year w/o the kids for once!!!

Right. Renewals always keep the same date, even if you renew 59 days before or 29 days after the expiration date. And you are eligible for any available renewal rate, even if downgrading (at this time--that could always change, I suppose). We've done both of these.

I don't know if this helps, but the email I received from Guest Services seemed to state that the 13 month promotion would run through February for renewals. Now, they didn't answer my question, which was about having to activate it by January 3. Here's the email:

When Guests purchase or renew an Annual Pass as part of this promotion, they get 13 months for the price of 12! This promotion will end on January 3, 2017 for new passes and in February 2017 for renewals.

That might help for her March APs if she renews them in February :thumbsup2.

Oh, if this is true then I am so relieved! With our APs expiring April 5th, I didn't have the option of renewing before February 4th. But if they really are honoring this promo into February, we'll still be able to take advantage of it.

I have a question about our AP's. We upgraded our tickets in June to AP's and we did receive our AP magic bands in the mail linked to our account showing our AP's. However DH and I took a quick weekend trip a few weeks ago and had a really hard time getting mech discount at the Disney stores. They kept asking for our AP card and we explained they just loaded our info on our MB's and we didn't have a card. We were told that with MB's it doesn't pop up that we have AP's because that has not been added yet and typically AP holders have to supply an AP card and a license when receiving a discount. Are we supposed to have a card to go with our MB's?

I have a question about our AP's. We upgraded our tickets in June to AP's and we did receive our AP magic bands in the mail linked to our account showing our AP's. However DH and I took a quick weekend trip a few weeks ago and had a really hard time getting mech discount at the Disney stores. They kept asking for our AP card and we explained they just loaded our info on our MB's and we didn't have a card. We were told that with MB's it doesn't pop up that we have AP's because that has not been added yet and typically AP holders have to supply an AP card and a license when receiving a discount. Are we supposed to have a card to go with our MB's?
Yes. When you get an AP they used to give you a discount card (came in the box with your magic band) but now the AP itself (the RFID ticket media) is your discount card. They should have given you one in June. On your next trip I would head to guest services to get one. The same is true for DVC members. Our DVC discount requires showing the card as it is not coded on the magic band for retail stores to see.

Yes. When you get an AP they used to give you a discount card (came in the box with your magic band) but now the AP itself (the RFID ticket media) is your discount card. They should have given you one in June. On your next trip I would head to guest services to get one. The same is true for DVC members. Our DVC discount requires showing the card as it is not coded on the magic band for retail stores to see.
Ah. Yeah we upgraded at MK on our last day but there was no card given to us. Just assumed everything else loaded on the bands. Thanks for the info and will definitely stop by GS on our next trip! :)

Ah. Yeah we upgraded at MK on our last day but there was no card given to us. Just assumed everything else loaded on the bands. Thanks for the info and will definitely stop by GS on our next trip! :)

I've been renewing my AP online and thus it's just placed in your MDE account. I've not gotten a card either. At most places, they just asked me to show on my phone the MDE account that shows it's an AP. I only had one problem with this and it was at the Yak and Yeti, they needed an actual AP # to give me the discount, which I couldn't find easily on my phone app. I was able to use my MDE account on my phone to get discounts from everything from dinning to mini golf. With this new discount, I am thinking of just taking the time to go to GS to get an actual card for my trip in October so that I don't miss out on anything.

We have a trip planned for December (6days with my youngest two) and then another (for just my daughter and I) in April(4days). I have been trying to decide if an AP is worth it for just myself? If I do decide to upgrade when I'm there I assume I will get the 13 mos. As far as discounts will I be the only one to get the meal discounts? Or does it apply for the whole table? I'm going to order our tickets in the next few days so if anyone has an insight I'd love to hear:)

I can justify the upgrade for all of us because my little kids won't be going back and my daughter is only going for the 4 days.... but for me.... I'm just not sure.

also don't think this will end TIW.

It's only for a year (at least the 20% discounts are)
It doesn't cover alcohol.
AP discounts appear to apply to the AP holder and up to 3 guests (unless they extended that). TIW covers the cardholder and 9 guests.

However, if I hadn't just bought a TIW I might think about putting it off a couple of months.

Is the bolded statement true? I've googled this but haven't found anything about the limit to the number of meals that can be purchased with an AP. I was planning to purchase only one AP, so given that we're a family of 5 and my MIL will be with us, this would be a bummer. I calculated the 20% discount for our meals as one of the ways to justify the added expense of the AP, and the math doesn't make sense to get the TiW card.

ETA: Found the statement on some blog sites, but not on Disney's site...

Last edited:
Is the bolded statement true? I've googled this but haven't found anything about the limit to the number of meals that can be purchased with an AP. I was planning to purchase only one AP, so given that we're a family of 5 and my MIL will be with us, this would be a bummer. I calculated the 20% discount for our meals as one of the ways to justify the added expense of the AP, and the math doesn't make sense to get the TiW card.

ETA: Found the statement on some blog sites, but not on Disney's site...
Here's a photo of page 7 from the 2016 Passholder Benefits booklet that is given out when you renew or purchase an AP in the parks. As you can see, it specifies that the regular AP discount is good for the Passholder and UP TO THREE (3) GUESTS. I would expect that the 20% discounts would have the same restriction.
AP_zpsgfdpvfy9.jpg

I'm still confused. What about Columbia Harbor House? It isn't on the list of 20%, so does it have a 10% discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter