NHL Stanley Cup: Bruins vs. Canucks

Rome has been suspended for the rest of the playoffs. I wasn't expecting that long of a suspension, but not complaining either.

Rome has been suspended for the rest of the playoffs. I wasn't expecting that long of a suspension, but not complaining either.

Unfortunately for the Bruins I agree with an article I read earlier today. Losing Horton hurts Boston FAR more than losing Rome does to Vancouver.

Unfortunately for the Bruins I agree with an article I read earlier today. Losing Horton hurts Boston FAR more than losing Rome does to Vancouver.

I totally agree. They bite our fingers and take out what I believe is our number one scorer - true professionalism at it's best.

Completely agree. Losing one of our top playoff scorers vs. their 5th or 6th dman is not a fair trade at all.

Completely agree. Losing one of our top playoff scorers vs. their 5th or 6th dman is not a fair trade at all.

The 1 solace I can take, from the exchange of Rome for Horton, is that if the TB series showed us anything, you can get a lot of diverse scoring from different lines when the 2nd and 3rd pairings of D are not up to snuff or not used to each other due to re-shuffling.

I feel for Horton. The same way I feel for Savard (and to some extent, Bergeron). This team hasn't been jinxed with potential career threatening injuries like these since the late 80's/early 90's when players like Neely (knee), Bob Beers (femur), etc, were snake bitten with leg injuries.

Where did all the Canucks fans go? I would be ashamed and hiding too.

I cannot wait for tonight, I just know that if this game gets lopsided either way - let Thornton loose!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Proud member of the Lucic Fight Club:thumbsup2

I cannot wait for tonight, I just know that if this game gets lopsided either way - let Thornton loose!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Were there any Canucks "fans?" Or just people who'd prefer to see them win? ;)

I thought it was a great game, and is and will be a great series. I did not mind the spanking :)

Throughout the playoffs there has been (as usual) many ridiculous events, and I don't think they are consistent with penalties either.

Now - why couldn't the Canucks have played like that against the Sharks?! They completely fell apart.

Bruins fans: if the Canucks win the Cup, will you forever whine and cry "foul"? No doubt that hit was nasty and the punishment fit the crime. And I'm still puzzled over the finger-biting incident (was there not a clear angle of it on replay for the officials to call it, even after the game?)

....just wondering.

:cheer2: Go Canucks :cheer2:
I'm here, but I actually have a day job too :rotfl:

Yeah, the Canucks played horribly in the last game. I called the series in 5 before it started, so this way they can win the cup in Vancouver :thumbsup2

OMG!! I am still recovering - no voice left:cool1:

Thomas was phenomenal. The atmosphere was electric better than game 7 of the Bolts.:thumbsup2

I don't think Mary Kate & Ashley even showed up for the game & Burrows gets pounded by the goalie:cool1::cool1:

So the make it Cam Neely night - they score 8 goals.:thumbsup2

They make it Bobby Orr night - they score 4 goals:thumbsup2

Can we make it Ray Bourque night in Vancouver?!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

What a game!!:banana::worship:

Continue what your doing B's and the cup will be yours. I look forward to celebrating along with you :woohoo:

Great game all around B's. Three different lines scored. Peverley scores twice in Horton's spot. The blue liners kept blocking the shots, pressing Vancouver's forwards to the outside and not letting anyone or anything get past them on the boards.

But the most impressive part of last night's game was seeing all of the multiple personalities of Marshmont (Marchand). Scorer, play maker, penalty killer, antogonist and brawler. Btw... What were the Versus commentators talking about when they said that Marshmont delivered Sedin a cheap shot towards the end of the game? The holding penalty... Yes. He did it and was going to get 2 minutes. But Sedin tried to run on him AFTER THE WHISTLE. Did Sedin think Marshmont was just gonna sit there and take it? NOPE! But the funniest part was watching every Canuck turtling when it was just Brad and Darth Quaider (McQuaid) vs. all of them

As incredible as all this was, this is also something that Vancouver can look forward to on home ice. With the last change, Vancouver can adjust their lines in their favor and try to avoid as many match ups as possible. Also, let's hope that Dr. Frasier Crane's radio show doesn't reach Vancouver and Luongo is stuck all alone inside his own head.

Let's go Bruins!!!!

Btw... What were the Versus commentators talking about when they said that Marshmont delivered Sedin a cheap shot towards the end of the game? The holding penalty... Yes. He did it and was going to get 2 minutes. But Sedin tried to run on him AFTER THE WHISTLE. Did Sedin think Marshmont was just gonna sit there and take it? NOPE!

Amonte loved that play though :)

I loved the shots of Marchand antagonizing Sedin and Sedin doing absolutely nothing in return.

The difference in the goalies? Thomas defends his crease and takes down Burrows. Luongo on the other hand blames his teammate for misdirecting a puck.

Hope the B's can take this style of play back to Vancouver.

Calling all Bruins fans in the Pac Northwest and Southwest Canada!!!

We need you to break into the Rogers Arena and...

1) Break the air conditioning system

and...

2) Bring your home humidifiers, fill them up and crank them

We want to get that ice as warm, as soft and as SLOW as we can.

Because you know that the facilities people there are going to get that ice as smooth, hard and FASt as possible.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!

It will be interesting to see how the Canuks respond after the beating they took in Boston. A lot of people up here are writing them off entirely but that's a mistake in my opinion. They win tonight and they're back in the driver's seat.

By itself losing a 6th Defensmen is not bad, but coupled with losing Hamhuis, who is their 1st or 2nd best defensemen is really starting to hurt them. All 3 of their defensive pairings are different from what they were all season, so they are not use to each other. If you watch some of the goals and other scoring chances they are out of position a lot of the time. Ballard looks clueless, and Bieksa is having a hard time without Hamhuis. This could be the deciding factor again tonight. Bruins need to score early in the 1st and get in Luongos head. He has a history of checking out for a few games when the going gets bad. Can't wait, GO BRUINS!!!

It's amazing how streaky Luongo is. Tonight showed just how good he can be when he's on, and the two games in Boston were a good example of how bad he gets when he's rattled.

The question is now, will he be able to stand tall in a hostile Boston Garden knowing that the reward at the end of the sixty minutes will be the Cup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter